The last movie you saw

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Whiskey 7

Re: The last movie you saw

Post by Whiskey 7 »

The Beekeeper (2024)

I did enjoy but then I do like the Jason Statham movies.

8.5/10

The Beekeeper - IMDB
[color=orange]Physicist [/color][color=white]of [/color][color=green]Q3W[/color]
raw

Post by raw »

The Beekeeper was quite entertaining. It actually exceeded expectations which were somewhat low.

Road House (2024)

This movie was ok until Connor McGregor stepped in. Holy shit, is Steven Seagal his acting coach? This has to be one of the worst performances on film in modern times. It's so awful, its distracting.

I'm almost recommending a watch so I can make a support group out of this forum. :olo:

This review, pretty much sums up the state of Twitter/X. The shilling for McGregor's acting is an unforgivable crime.
2/10
Road House IMDB
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Oppenheimer (2023)

Caught this last night.
Enjoyable.
No wonder it scored so many industry awards.
8.5/10
IMDB
[color=orange]Physicist [/color][color=white]of [/color][color=green]Q3W[/color]
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

raw wrote:The Beekeeper was quite entertaining. It actually exceeded expectations which were somewhat low.
Beekeeper? You mean Jason Wick, surely?
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

does he actually command the bees with his mind?

that would be rad
saturn

Post by saturn »

Dune 2

Villeneuve has another masterpiece.

9.5/10
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Watched the first Dune movie today (the first Villeneuve one).
Pretty darn cool. Visual spectacle. Will watch part 2 soon.
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

Whiskey 7 wrote:Oppenheimer (2023)

Caught this last night.
Enjoyable.
8.5/10
IMDB
This is actually the last movie I watched recently and although I liked it I found it to be kinda all over the place. I wasn't too crazy about how it was directed.
raw

Post by raw »

Don Carlos wrote:
raw wrote:The Beekeeper was quite entertaining. It actually exceeded expectations which were somewhat low.
Beekeeper? You mean Jason Wick, surely?
:olo:
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Danger Close
TL;DR Aus troops - Vietnam

Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan 2019 ‧ War/Action ‧ 1h 58m
In December 1972 they became the last Australian troops to come home, with their unit having seen continuous service in South Vietnam for ten and a half years. Australia's participation in the war was formally declared at an end when the Governor-General issued a proclamation on 11 January 1973.
If you are into close battle, this is it! A must!

IMDB
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Again this night...
Still a great watch..

Posted: 01-25-2014 09:25 PM
Whiskey 7 wrote:A Fish Called Wanda
IMDB
Classic!
A must see.
9.5/10
mrd

Post by mrd »

Train to Busan
7/10

Classic zombie tropes. Had Snowpiercer vibes with the whole "trapped on a train" thing and elements of class warfare. Still, not a bad flick and there was some pretty intense action moments and some decent humour sprinkled throughout. The main character (father) was a vapid cunt, tho. It somehow ends up being kinda heartwarming at the end. It was a bit better than I expected.
houston

Post by houston »

I finally watched "Beneath the Planet of The Apes". This is it, what a way to end the duology.
The movie has issues, sure. But after spending half of the runtime fixing the issues caused by the previous protagonist not really wanting to do another one, and then throwing THAT into the plot? Ballsy as hell, and incredibly effective. Better shock ending than even the first one.

Looking forward to the next few creative SF narratives Fox decides to adapt new IP's out of, they could have a whole anthology! And not just sequel, after sequel, after sequel, after reboot, after another three entire sequels...
houston

Post by houston »

I couldn't bear not knowing, so I gave in and watched "Escape from the Planet of The Apes". I've got to admit it, this movie was actually pretty good. The franchise seems to do a complete 180° and become the happiest, most optimistic shit possible while somehow keeping up the overall theme of humanity being untrustworthy slime. The first like, 70% of the movie is just adventurous comedy.

Prooooobably not going to watch the next two. I've had my fill, and that sequel hook doesn't set up anything very interesting to me.
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

Classic. If you haven't, you should.

IMDB
Foo

Post by Foo »

Back-to-back Road House (2024) and Road House (1989). Not sure why I watched the remake first.

The remake really didn't know what it wanted to be tonally, some stuff was played for laughs and some stuff was attempting to establish real stakes for the characters. The overuse of CGI (fight scenes, random touchups like adding a necklace to a character) was distracting. Jake Gyllenhall seemed to be acting in a serious drama. Connor McGregor seemed to be acting in an SNL skit. Somewhere in the middle of that was a movie. A bunch of stuff had no real payoff. 5/10

The original also suffers major tonal inconsistency with slapstick shit mixed with other stuff played completely straight. I guess in a sense the remake stayed faithful to that. Halfway through the movie I realize the fight choreography looks a lot like the work of Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez and sure enough, he's there buried in the IMDB credits. Very distinctive. For some reason there is a ham-fisted Bigfoot monster truck segment and overt Ford sponsorship throughout the film. A couple of really bad production faults - At one point someone walks through a doorway and clearly states something, only the audio is silent. In another shot a car is revealed to have no driver, yet in the shot before you can see a hand on the steering wheel. I'm not sure it deserves any more score than the remake but it's got Sam Elliot in it so 6/10
LegendGuard

Post by LegendGuard »

Whiskey 7 wrote:Oppenheimer (2023)

Caught this last night.
Enjoyable.
8.5/10
IMDB
I saw that movie months ago. In this movie, not everything is exactly what happened in the real life history.
Details aside, the plot is well made, not bad, I didn't believe that Oppenheimer had this kind of life in its most intimate and private situations, sounds revealing though.
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Furiosa. A Mad Max Saga (2024)

I'd recon most have seen the Mad Max movies and this IMHO does the series well. I will view again and soon for sure.

8.5/10