Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        CS:Source

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: CS:Source

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't played in a while so I thought I'd fire up the old ASE and pop onto a server. Usually, as with CS, there's a barrage of 8 year olds screaming "Cheat!" or "AWP LAM0R!" But I was pleasantly surprised.

Stayed on a b33f.co.uk server for a good few hours and actually had a few intelligent conversations and a pretty good time. The admin

Good to see some maturity in CS for a change.

http://www.brightonbreaks.co.uk

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah its fun...i'm always too stoned to play tactically so i play quake3 style and still own the fuck out of the server...but thats just me...

KITTY!!
KITTY!!
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 08:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I too have noticed the vast improvement from CS to Source. Excellent fun when you're playing with mates and using a mic.

My uni hosts a couple of 40man servers which are damn fast but i dont think my comp could take it, or pretty much anyones for that matter...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ive found it to always be the same with CS, if you find a good server (usually clan servers) then it can be a blast

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If anyone is up for a game later then I'll post up a server addy..

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't do that talking rubbish :)

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I enjoy it but i'll soon get bored by the stock maps. Most of the current custom maps are gash which is a shame, The only reason i played CS as much as i did was because of the rats servers, source only has a few at the moment and they all suck; time will tell as to whether i get into this game as much as i did with Quake/CS.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm loving it.

I charge in there like I'm on haste+quad and I'll blow the living fuck out of everyone.

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Post an ip and I'll join, been playing source for a while now. Probally the best online fps game currently played.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I couldn't deal with the stigma of an 8 year old calling me a newb for camping so I don't bother with that either.

BLAM!

"Hostage down!"

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know what I like to do? Run around with a scout and kill with no zoom, also ak47 and tapping = headshots. I love getting head in this game.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
moifah wrote:
I'm loving it.

I charge in there like I'm on haste+quad and I'll blow the living fuck out of everyone.

Actually that's the only way I get any kills :icon19:

I'm not patient enough to squat in a corner and camp/snipe at little dots in the distance

problem i have with that is there's always some cunt just sitting there with an AWM picking you off in the distance. Another reason i used to play rats maps is the AWM was banned on most servers

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.