Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        copyright

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: copyright

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gollum_Smeagol here, I lurked the raw-one forum since q3w got shutdown but never registered as my life was far more important at the time, then i forgot about it till now and was about to to ask this, but noticed the shutting down thread so i came here. not that it really matters..

Anyway, i noticed this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6506631143

and it's sold for £41, which is a fucking rip off, especially considering the quality of the model is utterly dire. I'm in the process of making a commando from Doom3, and it crossed my mind i could try and sell it on ebay. Would id kick my ass for doing so? It's almost a direct copy from the game model..

(admittedly it's not that good, but the paintjob isn't even half done, and i've never modelled in Super Sculpey before, but it's substantially better than that buffy figurine)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey that's pretty nice:icon14:
And I agree with Memphis, they probably wouldn't bust down your front door for selling one of those or even a bunch of them.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's pretty much what i thought, i just needed confirmation.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm going to do some more, possibly a Hell Knight and a fatty, i could do a much better job now i've had some practise using the material, plus i discovered some techniques on the internet that're really handy. I also need to purchase some decent paints; at the moment i'm using Humbrol Enamel paints (the ones you paint model planes and vehicles with) i thought about the warhammer paints but they're a bit pricey. Any ideas?

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry to say but your model doesn't look all that good. In order to sell something like that you might want get a bit more practice.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It looks a little better off camera, the light in my room is terrible, but remeber the paint will improve it a lot, it's only an undercoat at the moment, i need to airbrush over the top of it and add subtle details.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.