Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Lets talk F1

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Lets talk F1

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 07:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I watched the Australian Grand Prix yesterday, and there was a new team called Red Bull. What I was wondering is did they create their own cars from scratch, or did they just buy McLaren-Mercedes or something, because they got Coulthard and all and I didn't see the McLaren cars :paranoid:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i dunno, but germy crashed :icon19:

o there is a lord :tear:

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 07:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, wasn't really his fault tho. He got some contact with the other guy so the guy was forced on the grass, and since you can't brake on the grass, he hit shumy :tear:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 07:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aye, i giggled because i saw mr red carve him up and the whole thing kinda back fired

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He fucking owns though, he got from like 18th to 10th.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 08:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aye, i would argue a bit on that but im to mellowed to do so

i just dont like the arrogant git :paranoid:

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 08:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He owns at driving though.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 11:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Red Bull bought Jaguar

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 04:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks mate :)

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 04:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I need to read up on all these rule changes. Schumy voluntarily retired so they could install a fresh engine for the next race? WTF?

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 04:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahhh,

Engines
In 2004 engines had to last one race weekend. From 2005 they must last two – equivalent to a distance of around 1,500 kilometres (close to 1000 miles). If a driver requires an engine change ahead of qualifying, he will drop ten places on the grid for that race. If an engine is changed between the start of qualifying and the race the driver will be put to the back of the grid.

In both instances the driver concerned must use his new engine for the remainder of that meeting and the entire following grand prix weekend. If a driver fails to finish a race, he may start the next meeting with a new engine without penalty.

With even greater reliability required from the engines, these changes are likely to cut rev limits and power outputs, hence reducing car performance.

From: http://www.formula1.com/insight/rulesan ... 3/995.html

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
i just dont like the arrogant git :paranoid:

Why do you think he's arrogant? :confused:

He comes off as kinda nice in all the interviews imo.
Kimi Räikönnen however, now that's a different story...

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 05:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe it's a nationality thing, he's the bloody hun, the red baron, like the villain in a cartoon - but you're right, he does seem like a nice bloke in interviews.

think button dropped out so he could switch engines as well.

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 05:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah he did, if you don't complete a race you're not obliged to use the same engine in the next race, engines usually have to last 2 race weekends.

BTW, the qualifying needs to go back to the hour-long, 12 laps (including in/out laps).
Coulthard thinks similar, I agree, the current qualifying thing is bullshit. I stopped watching F1 the season Schumacher started winning the titles again because it became predictable, but qualifying made me stay away. I used to really enjoy the last 10 minutes when everyone was out with the pole time dropping contantly.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 05:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mik0rs wrote:
Yeah he did, if you don't complete a race you're not obliged to use the same engine in the next race, engines usually have to last 2 race weekends.

BTW, the qualifying needs to go back to the hour-long, 12 laps (including in/out laps).
Coulthard thinks similar, I agree, the current qualifying thing is bullshit. I stopped watching F1 the season Schumacher started winning the titles again because it became predictable, but qualifying made me stay away. I used to really enjoy the last 10 minutes when everyone was out with the pole time dropping contantly.

:icon14: :icon14: :icon14:

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 08:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, the old qualifying was so much more hectic and interesting to watch... now its too sterile like IRL.
oh, and wtf is up with the viking horns on the new mclaren chassis?

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 08:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the Aussie GP was fun to watch tho :paranoid:

fear and hesitation
fear and hesitation
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

funny how it started to rain again right when Schumy was getting ready to qualify on saturday :p

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 09:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OMG HI HI TO YOU, you sexy bitch

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.