Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        do you ebay?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: do you ebay?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea, so I'm looking for ways to make money outside of a 9-5 job. Are there any ebayers here that make enough money buying/selling stuff to actually make a living? That would be awesome. I could totally see myself scouring the city looking for good buys... then selling them on ebay. Any pointers?

PostPosted: 03-13-2005 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You could open an ebay business on the side. My suggestion to you is to keep it as convenient as possible for the buyer. Never put a reserve price, don't post a picture of yourself, and don't quote the bible.

Customer service matters, try to keep them 98%+ happy. Give them the shipping price on the auction page, don't make them wait for you to contact them. Ship to North America and Europe, some sellers don't like selling outside the US because buyers can be unreliable. Include shipping costs for every country you ship to on your auction page. If they know the total cost of the item and shipping they can pay you immediately through paypal. Always send an email informing the buyer that you've shipped his or her item, ship as soon as possible (after the buyer pays).

Last edited by Massive Quasars on 03-13-2005 06:02 PM, edited 2 times in total.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

redfella wrote:
do you ebay?

Actually no... never tried it.
Heard it works flawless though..got some friends using it alot.

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 06:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are sellers that sells documents of wholesalers form where they get their products. There are also books out like that too.

I got one of the documents, and I will try the steps when i get back to the states. If you want them, email me.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 06:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

one of my wanker mates sells swords on the side for like 80 quid a pop

the site (found through e bay) were selling them for like 30 quid

he offered me one for 60 bucks, thank god i told him to get fucked

ima strangle the tight ass bastard

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 06:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

wanker
god
fucked
strangle
tight ass

ok...your scarying me Chunk... :paranoid:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 06:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

take god out and that pretty much sums up my mate and his destiny :)

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 08:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i know someone that used to own a vintage clothing store in the area, but due to haivng a new baby she sold the store.
now she just scours estate acutions and such collecting wares to sell on ebay (vintage records, clothing, antiques, all sorts of shit).
and she makes enough money doing it to live quite comfortably in the rich part of town.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_Watson wrote:
now she just scours estate acutions and such collecting wares to sell on ebay (vintage records, clothing, antiques, all sorts of shit).
and she makes enough money doing it to live quite comfortably in the rich part of town.

Awesome! I gotta sart researching this stuff. Sounds great.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 05:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Afriend of mine and his girlfriend go to places like savation army and good will shops in upper class neighborhoods. They will buy ties, shoes, handbags, china, glassware etc. It started out as an experiment.

They both work and hold down good jobs, but as a couple they started soing this as recreation. Their net profit after 2 months is $3000.00 that After purchases ebay and paypal fees removed they have made $3000.00 profit. Prolly would have made more if it wasn't just a weekend hobby.

They'll sell stuff like gucci shoes purchased for $1.50 advertised as worn, scuffed, with cracked leather not new, and with good photos showing the wear and people will still bid them up to $50+ just so they can own a pair of $300.00 shoes. $1.00 name brand ties +$3 drycleaning fee will get them between $50 - $100 each. Women's shoes and bags are the best a $2.00 pair of minolo blanics (sp?) will most of the time net them up to $150.00 just so some fat welfare skank can say she owns a pair.

He sends me links to his auctions all the time and I cannot believe what some people pay

You can find odd items like new lenox china in thrift shops. They bought a set of 12 platinum detailed lenox tea cup and saucer set for $12.00 sold in sets of 4 for $120 - $140 a set.

The key is name brands

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I eBayed real hard back in the day...easy to make 1-2k a month...unless ur a moron...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 07:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if u can find breast pumps u can be rich...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
The key is name brands

Interesting. Thanks for the tips. :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thats not really true...the most money i made was off a book...there was no name brand...more like edition number...

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 08:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I only sell shit that I don't want anymore. Like a never ending garage sale. I need to list my Clarion Sirius equipment since I cancelled my contract.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
thats not really true...the most money i made was off a book...there was no name brand...more like edition number...

I was considering limited edition prints (aviation art). But the only problem with that is you cannot really come by that kind of stuff in town. You have to purchase it on the net. Therefore, getting a really good deal for a print is difficult because you have all the other people around the world, highly educated in the subject, vieing for the same thing. Whereas, if you go to an estate sale, you might find something worth a lot being sold for a good price...

At least, that's what I am thinking, I have virtually zero experience in this at the moment.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no actually i bought the book at a garage sale for 25 cents...sold it for 450 bucks...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So just one item here you are talking about Freakaloin? I am talking about doing this for the long run... Which means finding something that I can buy and sell consistantly over a long term basis. Which is my reasoning behind my previous post.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in the long run i made 1-2k a month...when i did it...any questions?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
any questions?

Yea, why did you stop?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cuz my wife makes the big bucks now...no reason...any more questions?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 10:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
any more questions?

How did you get a wife?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

who knows...but i got one...oh well...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.