Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        currently reading....

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 11:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
quadrotor UAV attitude stabilization

Unintentionally funny typo. :)

(i think :paranoid: )

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
CitizenKane wrote:
Nightshade wrote:
A bunch of papers on quadrotor UAV attitude stabilization and Simulink aerospace blockset documentation.

i heard theyre making that into a blockbuster movie next year, you heard it here first

Hey, I heard you're a fucking idiot.

really, where?

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh btw, I didn't think Brave New World was nearly as good as 1984. Orwell was more succinct and still interesting, not nearly as dry as Huxley.

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
Oh btw, I didn't think Brave New World was nearly as good as 1984. Orwell was more succinct and still interesting, not nearly as dry as Huxley.

yeah? 1984 is defo one of my fav books. i duno, i'll let ya know when im finished

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

actually have u read much other Orwell? i assume youve read animal farm cos everyone has. Homage to Catalonia is really good, as is Coming up for air and Burmese Days.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what kind of moron reads books?...

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 11:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what kind of misanthropic boob wears tinfoil like it's this season's fabric?

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
A bunch of papers on quadrotor UAV attitude stabilization and Simulink aerospace blockset documentation.

RC Planes and Flow charts?

Holy Shit!

I'm reading Chess Openings: Traps and Zaps 2!!!11

Just got done reading Birds of America by Lorrie Moore

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 04:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
Nightshade wrote:

If you're thinking that it was supposed to be "altitude", it wasn't.

Knight of the Sad Countenance
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ulysse by james joyce

A lot of people would say it's a bad idea, on your first day out of prison, to go right back to stalking the tranny hooker that knocked out five of your teeth. But that's how I roll..

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-21-2006 06:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

7zark7 wrote:
ulysse by james joyce

ulysses, yeah i tried to read that once, gave up. that stream of consiousness thing he does is fucking inpenetrable. ive read Dubliners and Portrait of the Aritst as a Young Man tho, both incredible.

u ever read Finnegans Wake?

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 10-21-2006 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

J. Storrs Hall's Nanofuture

PostPosted: 10-21-2006 06:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I read "Finnegans Wake" in highschool... It was good prep for Naked Lunch.

I find Im struggling with this one though, could be that I have a hectic life, but also......It drags a little TBH, and the stream of thought makes me forget WTF is going on sometimes.
but Im going for it...(and will not pick up a side book).... until the last page is turned... :icon32:

A lot of people would say it's a bad idea, on your first day out of prison, to go right back to stalking the tranny hooker that knocked out five of your teeth. But that's how I roll..

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-21-2006 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

7zark7 wrote:
I read "Finnegans Wake" in highschool... It was good prep for Naked Lunch.

finnegans wake is waaay harder to read than ulysses tho! or is that what ur impying here.....im not too familiar with ur vernacular in the above statement..... :dork:

PostPosted: 10-21-2006 06:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I meant that Finnegans wake, and its absurdist style, helped/prepared me to tackle/ read :William S Burroughs Naked Lunch..... Which later helped understand Antonin Artaud's writing.....

ie: I went on an absurdist reading frenzy in highschool....

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-21-2006 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

k gotcha :icon14:

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-22-2006 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

taking a break from Huxley to read a paper on 'Public Immunity in Defamation and the Democratic Imperative: Reynolds v. Times Newspapers (1998)' by John O'Keefe

:icon14: :q3: :icon14:

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-22-2006 08:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
R00k wrote:
Nightshade wrote:

Yer that's what I was thinking. I suspected I might be wrong though, hence the qualification.

What the hell is attitude stabilization on a flying unmanned vehicle?

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a newspaper

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 08:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
Nightshade wrote:
R00k wrote:
Nightshade wrote:

Yer that's what I was thinking. I suspected I might be wrong though, hence the qualification.

What the hell is attitude stabilization on a flying unmanned vehicle?

Designing a controller to ensure smooth motion in pitch, roll, and yaw. Here's a pdf on the subject:
http://asl.epfl.ch/aslInternalWeb/ASL/p ... es/325.pdf

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

asimovs foundation trilogy

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mac wrote:

russian writers, cant beat em.

chekhov? dostoevsky? anyone? :icon14:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 08:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mac wrote:

gg

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CitizenKane wrote:
mac wrote:

Dostoevsky has some good stuff, but he also has some equally terrible stuff (e.g. The Idiot)

Dead by Dawn
Dead by Dawn
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 09:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

werldhed wrote:
CitizenKane wrote:
mac wrote:

Dostoevsky has some good stuff, but he also has some equally terrible stuff (e.g. The Idiot)

i bought The Idiot the other day with the intention of reading it some time inthe near future. do u not like it? to be honest the only reason i bought it is because i read that the movie The Machinist alluded to it a lot.
Crime and Punishment = :icon14: :icon14:

get ready for the sucker punch!
get ready for the sucker punch!
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the net.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 10:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CitizenKane wrote:
werldhed wrote:
CitizenKane wrote:
mac wrote:

i bought The Idiot the other day with the intention of reading it some time inthe near future. do u not like it? to be honest the only reason i bought it is because i read that the movie The Machinist alluded to it a lot.
Crime and Punishment = :icon14: :icon14:

I hated The Idiot mostly because it seemed to lose its purpose in a mire of excessive and pointless dialogue. It was a noble idea for a novel, but the characters and dialogue were too unbelievable. The main theme of the whole thing gets lost as you stop to ponder, "who the hell are these people?" There are also a lot of things that happen in the book that seen to have no point whatsoever. (and it's an excessively long book to begin with)

If you're a huge Dost. fan, you might want to read it just for the sake of making it through all his works... or, if you're in the position to have deep literary conversations about it... but it wasn't for me. :shrug:

And so you don't think I just dislike his works: C&P is ace.

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got this from Amazon (or rather, the entire trilogy). Gonna start reading it tonight.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Twisted - Tales From The Wacky Side of Life by Bob Fenster
http://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Tales-Wac ... 0740760505 Unfortunately I read the entire book in about 3 hours.

Quote:
When he was a guest on the Tonight Show, movie star Tom Hanks and host Jay Leno chatted about uncomfortable moments in public restrooms. "Do you ever want to ask the guy next to you to leave so you can go?" Leno asked. "No," Hanks said. "I usually say, 'Come here. I want to show you something.'"

I just picked up "Lost Cities From the Ancient World" Edited by Guaitoli and Rambaldi.
Click for pics I love this subject.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 10-26-2006 10:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 10-26-2006 11:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zahir-Novel-Love-Longing-Obsession/dp/0007204167

Is it as boring as the text on the back makes it sound?

This novel has as much appeal to me as that new Russell Crowe movie.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-27-2006 12:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-27-2006 08:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"This is your brain on Music"

Daniel J. Levitin

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 10-27-2006 08:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zahir-Novel-Love-Longing-Obsession/dp/0007204167

Is it as boring as the text on the back makes it sound?

This novel has as much appeal to me as that new Russell Crowe movie.

I really just started it but so far it's quite good.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-27-2006 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i have a large stack of x men comics to read.

also some operating procedre manuals :yay:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.