Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Another one bites the dust...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Another one bites the dust...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I went over to http://www.lokitorrent.com/ today (a popular BitTorrent site that was just starting its legal defense against the Recording Industry Association of America, for those who weren't aware), and found it to be closed, RIAA propaganda taking its place.

Too bad :icon8:

PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOO :tear:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bollocks :(

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also torrentstop has been shutdown, i fucking hate these fuckers. Not because I download from either of these sites but because they can't just do this to sites that are not hosting the acctual content.

Quote:
MPAA was able to get a court order to shut down LokiTorrent and TorrentStop without warning. The site just shut down recently as I still had access to it several hours ago. The site is now filled with a notice from the MPAA. No idea if this is official or not, but there was definitely no warning to this and no information on what's going to happen!

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT looks like LokiTorrent sold the people out, check this.

Quote:
The MPAA's efforts to date have resulted in a 40 percent reduction in the number of servers that continue to operate. One such site that will no longer exist is LokiTorrent—one of the largest BitTorrent host servers. The operator of that site, Edward Webber, agreed to not only pay a substantial settlement with even greater financial penalties for any further such actions, but by Court Order must provide the MPAA with access to and copies of all logs and server data related to his illegal BitTorrent activities, which will provide a roadmap to others who have used LokiTorrent to engage in illegal activities.

some more info here

http://www.torrent-news.com/archives/ru ... 000020.php

The donations thing was a bunch of crap they were just gathering money.

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 07:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

suprise suprise.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 07:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

haha, i saw that on loki's page about the legal defense fund and was like "wtf? i hope people arn't silly enough to actually donate money to these people" ... no way was that money ever going to be used for a legal defense.
doesn't make sense, why get involved in a legal fight with the MPAA, who has more lawers and money than god.... when you can just take the money and run... since they probably won't sue without substantial chance of winning. or at least with enough evidence and cause to get a court injunction on the web-server.
suckers.

since I'm sure most people don't have a web-proxy like i do that not only eats advertising, it never even requests the files so that i get no adds and servers get no money for having the adds... I wonder how much money suprnova was making daily off their copius ammounts of adds?

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 08:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The new MPAA slogan is pathetic. Fuck 'em its not like they have a hope of stopping them all. Tech will just get better to compensate for it.

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 08:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

everytime you go to see a movie you have that goddamn video in the previews....shows a sad lowely janitor and says "when you steal people lose their livihood.

that fucker should be thanking me.

PostPosted: 02-10-2005 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oblivi0.on wrote:
everytime you go to see a movie you have that goddamn video in the previews....shows a sad lowely janitor and says "when you steal people lose their livihood.

that fucker should be thanking me.

Yeah I've seen that, it's quite retarded considering the stars are making huge sums of money for ego masturbation on screen.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.