Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Sony PSP

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Sony PSP

PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So what's up with that? It's coming out at FutureShop on March 24th and I haven't seen many threads about it. It looks nice, is it good though? Whats the approx price?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it's $249 but I'm not entirely sure.

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 02:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It looks pretty fantastic to me - everything i've heard about it is positive - i hope it lives up to the hype. Pretty powerful piece of kit, from what i've seen...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 02:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Supposedly it has single UMD multiplayer gaming as well, but no one knows how to implement it

PostPosted: 02-11-2005 02:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It looks like a brilliant device, but I won't be buying one immediately when it comes out.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 04:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

'pparently the shoulder buttons feel a bit cheap, and the disc is liable to pop out once in a while.
There's also apparently some ghosting on some games, and a few have shipped with dead pixels.
Aside from that, it's apparently all good.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the price is rather high.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 10:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PSP is going to be the best thing to happen to protable gaming, even if the price is kinda high. You can get them on ebay now, but I am just gonna wait.

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I want one. TAKE ME SONY PSP! *spreads open asshole*

beep
beep
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard some of the buttons are kinda fucked. They don't respond properly because of the size of the unit... the designers were forced to put the sensor slightly to the side of the button. There was some news article floating around about it several weeks ago.

Anyone confirm this?

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks sweet. Just a real shame about the media format (I guess they had no option since you couldn't bolt a DVD reader onto the back of it)... I can't see people buying UMD versions of films to watch and nor can I see film companies bundling UMDs with their DVD released.

So that's films out of the window. Aside from that, the gaming should be great... N-Gage couldn't build up the grassroots support (at least, it never felt like they managed it) but Sony could well pull it off.

The price :icon28:

PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But it still has the memory cards to put movies on, and play them that way. Unfortuantly memory sticks aren't cheap. I wish the would make different slots for different cards

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.