Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So, what games are you playing now?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-27-2017 08:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So if I just buy it again in steam I can use same account?...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-27-2017 10:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 04:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Also playing through Bioshock for the first time. Eh so far it's alright.. not as mind-blowing as it was made out to be (yet). Might also because we're used to a narrative and gameplay this game offers nowadays.

update: smashed it 100%. After beating it thrice + DLC, it feels like the game has left some sort of Stockholm Syndrome on me. Where I was struggling to get into it in the opening half of the game, I was fully invested for the last few levels. Then from the start of the second playthrough I found myself enraptured (lol pun) by the world they created. Sure gameplay wise it's a bit stale at times - the hacking, my god the hacking - but the pull of the environments just work.
Also the ending :)

Now I would kindly start with Bioshock 2. :up:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 04:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I personally think Bioshock 2's the best in the series. And that's without having played the Minerva's Den DLC, which is apparently even better than the main game.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 04:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do yourself a favor and play Minerva's Den. Its narrative is absolutely mind boggling.

Bioshock 2's got multiplayer too, by the way, although I don't think anyone plays it anymore.
It got a lot of hate back then, but I played it quite a bit and thought it was pretty enjoyable.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 05:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jumped back on BF4 last night. Took me 10 mins to find a server with people on it :(

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 06:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diablo 3

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 07:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Bioshock 2's got multiplayer too, by the way, although I don't think anyone plays it anymore.
It got a lot of hate back then, but I played it quite a bit and thought it was pretty enjoyable.

Done all of Bioshock 2. Don't play the MP. At least on PC, it's a nasty rotten lag-fest (and GFWL, so probably proper dead anyway), with a fixed vomit inducing field of view and levelling that has you fucked against anyone higher than you with one-two and done weapons unlocked. Wasn't in the remaster, afik.

It's a short-term giggle if really into the setting, but it rightly got hated on for crap FoV, a shitty unfair ranking/unlock system and even shittier local-hosting only that more often than not resulted in staring at a 'waiting for host...' message, twelve times a match.

I played on Xbox 360 and the network problems weren't present there. FOV isn't as much as issue either when sitting 4m away from the screen.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 10:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Diablo 3

Huh, and I thought I was the only person round these parts still playing D3. Seasonal or regular?

Edit: Oh, and at the moment I'm play Divinity: Original Sin 2, and it's ace (if a tad unfinished in some of the quests).

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just started playing seasonal.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 11:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Diablo 3

Huh, and I thought I was the only person round these parts still playing D3. Seasonal or regular?

Edit: Oh, and at the moment I'm play Divinity: Original Sin 2, and it's ace (if a tad unfinished in some of the quests).

I do always see you hammering this...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-18-2017 11:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

smashed D3 till there was no more to be gotten.
Tried seasonal but it wasn't enough for me to keep me playing.

Might get the Necro at some point tho

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 02:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got the Necro. Not a fan yet, but I've not tried the more popular builds.

This season, I managed to get to a higher Paragon rank than my regular account thanks to finally realising I could use certain things to increase the likelihood of getting better gear. It's expensive, but if you have stockpiles of materials, upgrading yellows to legendaries is the best way to "fish" for certain gear. I did so well, I've managed to unlock the extra stash tab.

It's a great game to play when there's nothing else around, as thanks to the infinite grind there's always something to aim for.

It's just a shame the game's so reliant on gear sets.
I suppose with so many players, any action RPG system is going be theory-crafted to death so that the optimal way to play is always discovered. But it does feel like you're rail-roaded in to certain builds, and the seasonal goal requirements reinforce that rail-roading.

However, it's also incredibly hard to go back to playing other ARPGs after playing D3. I occasionally go back to PoE or Grim Dawn, but they both feel incredibly clunky in comparison. Blizzard are masters of polishing and "mainstreaming" games.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 04:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

<---- completed s11 Guardian with necro.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 04:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fair play. I've got two more things to do (Urzael at T13 in under 20 seconds and a third Conquest), but I mostly play solo and dunno if I can be arsed seeing as how I've unlocked the stash tab.
I also mostly play Monk as I like punching things 'til they explode. And as far as I understand it, Necro's currently a bit OP in comparison to the other classes. Is that true in your experience shaft?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 06:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Should I be playing this game?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Fair play. I've got two more things to do (Urzael at T13 in under 20 seconds and a third Conquest), but I mostly play solo and dunno if I can be arsed seeing as how I've unlocked the stash tab.
I also mostly play Monk as I like punching things 'til they explode. And as far as I understand it, Necro's currently a bit OP in comparison to the other classes. Is that true in your experience shaft?

Yeah. I also think it requires more skill to play though, keeping track of cooldowns and positioning. You can certainly get way higher but i think i preferred my spin to win Barb that I could play with one eye on the tv.
I'm sure you know but once you get to end game, unless you're pushing rifts its basically equivalent to sitting at a slot machine and pulling the arm over and over. I prefer to do that while im watching tv, or twitch.

Season journey wasn't nearly as hard with Necro as when I did it with Barb though. I would have to join communities and get help from other classes. I did this season mostly by myself or with one other Necro friend.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 06:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Should I be playing this game?

Its a fun game, especially first play through and leveling up your character. Once you've beat the game and are just trying to grind out every perfect piece of gear to push him as far as you can in the challenges it can get boring fast. Like Matt was saying..its something you return to once in a while for Seasons (fresh character) or when you don't have anything better to play.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 06:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a grinder, so only really play it when you're in the mood for that kind of game.

On the plus side, it's probably one of the best grinders out there, and there are no microtransactions.

Once you've got your gear set up with all the right pieces, gameplay won't change for that character whether you're running rifts at 40 or 70+. Just the numbers on your gear and your Paragon level will improve.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 06:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just bought Fallout 4 finally. Haven't really had a chance to play it yet, but when I get some downtime that's what I'll be putting my time into.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 07:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hell ya! :up:

Do yourself a favor and buy the Season Pass for all the DLC...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 07:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played Diablo 3 when it was first released and actually bought a new laptop to play it on. Like everyone has stated, it's fun the first play through, but I lost interest quick after that. And I was really wanting a game that would eat some time. I was looking for a game like NeverWinter Nights, but it just wasn't the same...

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Hell ya! :up:

Do yourself a favor and buy the Season Pass for all the DLC...

I'm hoping to pick everything up the next time they're on sale. Hopefully the core game isn't too bare without everything.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 08:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will try it when I get a PC

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 10:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I was looking for a game like NeverWinter Nights, but it just wasn't the same...

Try Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity or Divinity Original Sin.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-25-2017 07:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
xer0s wrote:
I was looking for a game like NeverWinter Nights, but it just wasn't the same...

I’ll check these out, thanks...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-25-2017 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm mostly playing my shit mod. I play insurgency when I can, but the mod I'm working on is stupid addicting.

You should all play Ins btw. It's amazing.

Found it after I started looking for games with freeaim a couple years ago. People bitch about the shotguns a lot, but it's seriously amazing if you sprint around with it and hipfire, as opposed to everyone else that has to stop and use sights.

More insurgency

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 09-26-2017 08:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played the hell out of the original mod. Haven't really put much time into the standalone.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-27-2017 01:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played some Quake Live today but it was quiet on the servers so I ended up playing bots :rolleyes:
I am still absorbed by Slither. I seem to get to 10K easily these days and my best recent score is about 75K.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-27-2017 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Star Trek Bridge Crew and Resi 7

This VR shit is really sommat else

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-27-2017 08:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A bit in Resi 7 made me crap my kecks no shit.

I got warned about the lady with the chainsaw and to find a decent spot to defend. So I ran into an adjacent room and did what I do in every other shooter and faced the only door waiting for chainsaw lady to come through, 'Come at me bro ?'.

Sat there a while I'm thinking 'this is taking a while, she's getting louder, what was that bang ?', flip my head around to inspect the room and the cow is right behind me with the chainsaw in my face and revving it up like a teenager on a moped, turns out she came through the wall behind me so I screamed, ducked and did everything but use the controller as she beat my ass like a pussy cunt.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-27-2017 08:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
xer0s wrote:

I downloaded Divinity last night for the XBox. I think I’ll try to get the wife involved with some local coop. We’ve never gamed together before and she’s not a gamer, so it should be interesting... :|

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-27-2017 09:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I've been looking for easy to pick up local coop games I can play with my non-gamer gf. We've done some New Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong on Wii together but there appears to be a distinct lack of local co-op games that aren't about shooting stuff on the PC platform.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-27-2017 09:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Divinity local coop looks cool. You can play together or just go off and do your own thing. It’s one screen when you’re close to each other, then it’ll automatically split when you walk away from each other...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-27-2017 10:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.