Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So, what games are you playing now?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-10-2019 12:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It really doesn’t, it’s just not an easy game. One good gams enough to keep you playing.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-10-2019 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Its a nice break from pubg. More rewarding and a faster pace.

Agreed. Basically retired my BR library.

Κracus wrote:
Pubg is ass, that game sucks donkey balls.

PUBG is fun. It used to be a super jank POS but its a less jank GAME now. :D

Solo Squad, No Autofill, Drop School 24/7

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-11-2019 04:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I'm really digging Apex at the moment. It's sort of brought back my love for shooters and remind me of classic Q3A. It's the arena feel the game gives me that's doing it too. The announcer lends so much to the atmosphere of the game. I became the kill leader the other day after killing the kill leader in a match, the dialogue between the characters is awesome when stuff like that happens. Hands down though the ping system is going to change all future BR games. Any game without it is handicapping themselves. It reminds me a lot of the racing line in forza games when it came out, now it's in any game worth its salt. Plus they got rid of almost every annoying part of BR games with attachments swapping in automatically, attaching to weapons in your inventory, just the annoying shit is gone now and you can focus on running and gunning. Speaking of which the slide is fucking awesome and as close to a strafe jump as you're going to get from a controller (Yeah I play on console). I might consider building a PC to play this game though, it's that good... I hope they introduce more characters.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-11-2019 05:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Too bad it doesnt have the wallrun and doublejump from Titanfall :(

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-11-2019 05:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm a bit on the fence on that one. I think it might be a good move to keep it in but I think perhaps that's the tipping point that will keep casuals from playing the game. Wall running mechanics kinda make for a steep learning curve. The game is plenty fast though and if you use the robot even faster.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-11-2019 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

They already explained why they didnt add it. Its basically to keep the actual meta of teamwork collapsing on people/teams a thing. Could you imagine wall running in some of the buildings :olo: ?

Titanfall nerds need to stop comparing this to titanfall. Its not titanfall. (In general, Not directed specifically at you, But yeah, stop it you.)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-11-2019 09:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

I keep trying to D Jump. Love the sliding too.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-11-2019 09:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paying for core games could be a thing of the past...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-12-2019 04:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Won my first match of Apex last night. Felt so good, I bamboozled a guy using Mirage for the final kill too, he's without a doubt my favorite character at the moment. His ability is kinda OP, I really hope they don't nerf him lol.

Evil Jedi
Evil Jedi
PostPosted: 02-12-2019 06:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't really looked into it yet, I noticed most of the streamers I tend to watch are playing it.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-13-2019 11:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They are being paid to play it. Its still a fun game tho.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-13-2019 01:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just can’t get into any multiplayer games anymore. I haven’t for many years. Which sucks because they used to be my favorite. I just don’t have enough time to get good. I feel like you need a significant amount of time to sink into multiplayer games. If I try to jump into a game for one hour once a week, I’ll get my ass handed to me. What’s the fun in that? I guess singleplayer is just more my speed these days. For better or worse...

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-13-2019 02:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's single-player and co-op for me these days, but yeah, I know where you're coming from.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-13-2019 09:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only multiplayer I do these days is Hearthstone. Haven't even touched Overwatch in months.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-13-2019 11:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I kind of got tired of it.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-14-2019 04:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apex has sorta re-invigorated my multiplayer obsession. Nothing beats bamboozling.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-14-2019 05:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I felt the same way a few years back. Then I picked up Titanfall for like 10 euros and got endless hours of fun out of it.
After which I tried SWBattlefront. That died out quickly.

Apex scratches that itch again, tho I don't play match after match as I did with Titanfall or Overwatch. Just a game or 2 each day.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 05:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anthem comes out tomorrow... I can't wait.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 10:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They say it runs like shit...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 10:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had no issues with the demo I played, controls were smooth and quite fun. I have a one x tho so that might help.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 12:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It really doesn’t

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I had no issues with the demo I played, controls were smooth and quite fun. I have a one x tho so that might help.

:olo: consoles

NO RAY TRACING FOR YOU BUCKO!

xer0s wrote:
They say it runs like shit...

Runs fine on high end hardware.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-22-2019 04:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Played it yesterday for a bit, looks amazing whether it uses ray tracing or not and I honestly can't justify a 1200$ graphics card for ray tracing... I like it though, fun so far.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-22-2019 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Played it yesterday for a bit, looks amazing whether it uses ray tracing or not and I honestly can't justify a 1200$ graphics card for ray tracing... I like it though, fun so far.

Hey man, if you wanna live your life without ray tracing thats on you. :olo:

No but seriously, work paid for mine so yeah, I'd of not upgraded if it wasnt for that. My 1080 was fine for normal game use. But compositing mixed reality and all that shit was stretching its limits. XD

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-23-2019 12:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I just can’t get into any multiplayer games anymore. I haven’t for many years. Which sucks because they used to be my favorite. I just don’t have enough time to get good. I feel like you need a significant amount of time to sink into multiplayer games. If I try to jump into a game for one hour once a week, I’ll get my ass handed to me. What’s the fun in that? I guess singleplayer is just more my speed these days. For better or worse...

This is how people felt when we used to smash them at Q3 back in the day :ninja:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2019 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

I feel the same way, it's called growing up I guess. I save my competitive spirit for stuff that actually matters, like non-virtual hockey. Only geoff-like manbabies care about video game leaderboards (while still being shit).

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-24-2019 12:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started Thimbleweed Park yesterday - I think I am going to like it :)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-26-2019 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been playing Apex Legends over the past couple of weekends when I have some spare time.
Movement feels great; just sliding around the map is entertaining on its own.
Gunplay feels tight but wingman and peacekeeper need some slight balancing tweaks being on the more oppressive end. I find I tend to carry those two or a triple take w/ choke and a wingman.
New Havoc rifle is fun to use if you can find any energy ammo.
Redeployment balloons are a fantastic addition.

I tend to lean towards hoarding Ult Accelerants and playing Bloodhound to track down people. I also find myself playing Bangalore a lot and hoping for a digital threat attachment; her speedy passive is nice for her survivability.

I know it's a key component of the BR genre but the one thing I wish for that I feel would improve this game is removal of randomized loot and having designated spawn points for health, armor, ammo, and weapons forcing teams to try to control those resources.

I also can't seem to get through more than one match without the game crashing straight to desktop or giving me a memory access error at 0x00000000. Had this happen after getting to final 2 squads and looting a mastiff from a care package seconds after asking teammate if he wants it instead and him passing on it for me.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-26-2019 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Played only my 10th Apex game yesterday, won with a full squad intact and got the finishing kill. Sticking with Lifeline now.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-28-2019 06:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-01-2019 01:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hahaha

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-05-2019 04:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strange cause it's a lot of fun... Why are people saying it's bad?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-05-2019 09:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Night mode on pubg. Its like ping pong with these games

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-05-2019 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DayZ is getting better with mods.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 03-05-2019 05:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Strange cause it's a lot of fun... Why are people saying it's bad?

Anthem is buggy. Its gameplay is fine but its shallow.

Bricking consoles. Blue Screening desktops. Its a mess.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.