Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So, what games are you playing now?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-23-2018 08:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not that bad, i've only seen one cheater in the 80 odd hours i've played.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-23-2018 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
have you tried PUBG? at least you get a fighting chance and if you do get slotted it's normally your fault

I might just skip...

LOL
Doombrain wrote:
It's not that bad, i've only seen one cheater in the 80 odd hours i've played.

Idk, I have lots of clips of bullshit kills. I see it a lot in squads when I'm running solo. Kill cams are a godsend now though so its easy to go "oh yep, hacks".

A small chunk of my top 10 games end with me getting domed inside a building that has zero LOS anywhere. Its enough that I cannot at all take this game seriously. I mean, its bad enough the netcode still is garbage and you'll die behind cover.

I agree, Its not THAT bad though. Id gather I run into 1 a night, max. Assuming I play for more than an hour or two anyways.

Ive used "a lot" a lot. I mean that compared to other games.

ALSO LOL if you think cheat engine isnt being used on fortnite and other stuff.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-23-2018 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
have you tried PUBG? at least you get a fighting chance and if you do get slotted it's normally your fault

I might just skip...

welcome to any multiplayer pc game....

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 07:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

welcome to any multiplayer pc game....

Yep, been that way since Wolfenstein 3D...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 08:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

which is lauded for its multiplayer mode

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 09:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe not lauded, but it happened...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 11:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

COD WW2 Multiplayer - it's actually good :o

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 11:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's ok.

I Just got a chicken dinner in pubg in solo. My first win, I've never shouted yes after winning a game before but I was so excited I'm sure the neighbors heard it. Feelsgoodman.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 11:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 09:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought my kids a Thrustmaster force feedback wheel for xmas. So much fun I'm resisting to urge to get one of those cockpit setups. Forza Horizon is pfg.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 11:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Although tacky and it taking up a huge amount of space I've seen a similar install where the guy had removed the passenger side but kept the center console and insturment panel like the picture below. Pretty neat setup! I think he also had his flat screen mounted where the windshield would normally be.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 01-26-2018 02:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you get the number of that Donkey cart...

Original cd and big-box, iso'd and playing through Dosbox. :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-26-2018 02:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That game was awesome!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-26-2018 06:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:

Did you get the number of that Donkey cart...

Original cd and big-box, iso'd and playing through Dosbox. :up:

I have that in its original box I think... :up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-26-2018 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Although tacky and it taking up a huge amount of space I've seen a similar install where the guy had removed the passenger side but kept the center console and insturment panel like the picture below. Pretty neat setup! I think he also had his flat screen mounted where the windshield would normally be.

Thats ridiculous. I was thinking of somthing like this.

https://www.playseatstore.com/forza-motorsport.html

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-26-2018 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Κracus wrote:

Thats ridiculous. I was thinking of somthing like this.

https://www.playseatstore.com/forza-motorsport.html

If you're gonna do it, Do it big!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-03-2018 09:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
COD WW2 Multiplayer - it's actually good :o

No, it's actually really good. Shocker.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-08-2018 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diisssss

http://store.steampowered.com/app/590690/Sprint_Vector/

So good. Its Parkour Racing with Mario Kart power ups. Pretty insane.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 02:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That looks mega

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 04:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Picked up the new Civ 6 expansion, Rise & Fall, so started a new game last night. Really liking it so far, although 6 does still have those irrational AI moments in the early game when a bunch of civs will declare war on you for no apparent reason.

's okay though. I left it last night having bullied two of them in to peace and am in the process of teaching Robert the Bruce a valuable lesson about declaring war against England twice when we've been nothing but nice to them. I'm going to take two of his cities, raze one, then leave him with one, surround it and stifle his growth for the remainder of the game.

The AI still doesn't know how to fight back against naval assault :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 05:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I fancy giving Civ 6 a bash but I was burnt by Beyond Earth

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 06:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never played Beyond Earth, but there's a lot to like with 6. The AI models and animations in particular are stunningly good.

They also shamelessly nicked a few ideas from the great Endless Legend, like city governors and districts.

The base game also came pretty much feature-complete in that it incorporated all of the features that 5 had after being expanded.

Interface is a bit gash mind you.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 06:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hear the Dutch are a faction in Civ6 now. Who's their leader? Willem van Oranje?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wilhelmina.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 11:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For a change. Every Civ had Willem van Oranje as their Dutch leader. Especially in Civ4 which had multiple leaders per Civ the Dutch were shafted with just one.

ps Wilhelmina was a badass.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 11:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lucky for me Civ VI is free on Steam this weekend

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 01:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
ps Wilhelmina was a badass.

I honestly know nothing about her, but I'm sure Civ will pique my interest at some point and get me to at least read her Wiki page.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-10-2018 01:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I understand she had an "I don't give a crap about protocol" attitude

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-11-2018 06:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

since the PoE season ended, decided to give SotA a try, from Lord British himself.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-20-2018 05:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

started and finished Inside yesterday. Basically another LIMBO game, yet is able to surprise once more.

Starts out as a puzzle platformer, ends in wtf is that shit :dts:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-20-2018 11:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brilliant game. Loved it. And yes...WTF indeed.

Also that sonic boom level is exceptional

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-04-2018 04:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got my first chicken dinner.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-04-2018 10:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Brilliant game. Loved it. And yes...WTF indeed.

Also that sonic boom level is exceptional

I watched a Let's Play of it to see what it was about. This guy playing was so amusing that I was totally engrossed with it and ended up watching the whole thing from start to finish.

It looks amazing. The atmosphere is so good and many of the game play ideas are really original. I do think, however, that if I had bought the game and played it on my own I would've found it greatly frustrating. I'm terrible at figuring out puzzles like what this game throws at you.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-05-2018 05:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Just got my first chicken dinner.

:up: Nice man, I've been on a slump. lots of 2nd and 3rd places but that elusive 1st has been hiding well.

I've been playing the new portal bridge builder game... so much fun.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-05-2018 09:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my heart was about to fail. I find the trick that really helps in the last circle is stripping your kit off and going prone.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.