Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Gamer murdered after selling loaned virtual sword

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Gamer murdered after selling loaned virtual sword

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4397159.stm

Quote:
A Chinese man has been stabbed to death in a row over a sword in online game Legends of Mir 3, say reports.

Shanghai gamer Qiu Chengwei killed player Zhu Caoyuan when he discovered he had sold a "dragon sabre" he had been loaned, said the china Daily.

Mr Chengwei only got the powerful virtual weapon shortly before it was sold for 7,200 yuan (£460).

Before the attack Mr Chengwei told police about the theft who said the weapon was not real property..................

lol, really squinky....never heard of that MMORPG either

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4397159.stm

Quote:
A Chinese man has been stabbed to death in a row over a sword in online game Legends of Mir 3, say reports.

Shanghai gamer Qiu Chengwei killed player Zhu Caoyuan when he discovered he had sold a "dragon sabre" he had been loaned, said the china Daily.

Mr Chengwei only got the powerful virtual weapon shortly before it was sold for 7,200 yuan (£460).

Before the attack Mr Chengwei told police about the theft who said the weapon was not real property..................

lol, really squinky....never heard of that MMORPG either

O
L
D

Get with the times.. thats a week old

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 04:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess having an actual life kept saturn from being as plugged to the happenings of angry, pathetic, lonely nerds as you are Soap.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 04:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck off gothnerd. It was posted on the 31st of march on bbc news.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 04:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
I guess having an actual life kept saturn from being as plugged to the happenings of angry, pathetic, lonely nerds as you are Soap.

I guess we're not as 'N-gaged' as him :dork:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
Nightshade wrote:

Even older..

Gonna keep with the old shit today?

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:

stfu :lol: n-gage is so last year, psp is where its at!

He's Super
He's Super

HAHA GOTH

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!

Pauly wrote:
HAHA GOTH

Ha Ha Jew

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Pauly wrote:
HAHA GOTH

Ha Ha Jew

I'm as Jewish as you are ungothish

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
Pauly wrote:
HAHA GOTH

Ha Ha Jew

I'm as Jewish as you are ungothish

:icon29:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
fuck off gothnerd. It was posted on the 31st of march on bbc news.

BBC news sucks then..

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cheer up

*wank*
*wank*
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

O
L
D

New for us, old for ubernerds.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Cheer up

Suck my dick faggot..

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MaCaBr3 wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

O
L
D

New for us, old for ubernerds.

I guess.. seen the damn topic 200 times i swear.. o_O

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

never seen it.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

humanity has hit a new low.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

God soap got so owned in this thread it's actually quite sad.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

I guess.. seen the damn topic 200 times i swear.. o_O

Thta's because you spend all day being a cunt on the internet.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
This is in contrast to places like South Korea which has a section of its police force that investigates in-game crime.

wow.

the name's Wang. Detective Wang, Nerd Squad.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just to interject something.... i'll take geoff over soap if bans were handed out for sheer anoyance.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard he was struck down by a lightning bolt

PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A level 4 lightning bolt, get it right asshat.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 06:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They didn't have anything abotu the case on their website, but they did have this....

Quote:
Think you have what it takes to be a famous hero in the realms of Mir, or is it the path of the villainous murderer you prefer. Join these dedicated heroes and villains in the world of Mir, either download the game direct from this site, or purchase the box set from QGO & good retailers (coming soon).

Fulfil your destiny now, if you dare....

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And this:

Quote:
The Village: 1
by Moosooman
"HAh." Said the old man as he walked down the bichon highstreet clutching his bottle of whisky and talknig to what seemed like her daughter. Who you could tell didnt really want to be with him at this moment.
"Dad... why don't you just not say anything... Your causing us alot of unwanted attention." She said rather angrilyas she was pretty much now draging him up the high street
"Remember why we are here?" She spoke looking around franticly for someone but not finding them.
"I know i know!" Spat the old man.
"its just bichon used to be .... such a pleasent place... Now a town full of great greif and Scum..." He sneered
"You shouldnt have drank... now if ive told you a billion time before... its that you Shouldn't drink while travelling! Remember that three day treck through Phantom forrest?...You must have fell out over four or five times... It was a disaster... if you want them to take is seriously my father... Its best you come to these things sober in the future!"

they continued to walk and before they knew it they were at the edge of bichon palace
"AH" Said the young girl
"We have arrived"
And so they walked into the great oak doors and into the grand hall of the legendry Bichon Pallace The floor was decorated in a luxuourius blood red carpet. The Walls littered with great paintings and tapastrys the room was empty except for a pair of guards standing at the foot of the grand stair case
"State your purpose!" Said the two guards in a unison order.
"We....A...RE the... Dellleeeegation......" The Old man tried to speak but it was too late he fainted.
"Oh dear god no not again... Whats the point in bringing him for Oma's sake if hes gonna...... grrr!"
One guard rushed to help while the other stood shaking his head But the young girl had to think fast.
"Ill go in with out him.... Theres no time to waste!"
the guards looked shocked
"Whater we do with him then?" Said the guard who was still in a deep laugh.
"Just erm leave him hear for the moment i shouldn't be that long. She began to walk towards the the throne room
"And btw i am the delegation from Arkvia... I believe i am expected."

She entered the throne room.. great room more grander than the hall Filled with marble gold and littered with more pictures. There was a great red carpet that lead towards a throne were the Emperor was sitting in deep thought. The emperor was a cloaked man at all times he hid his face under a dark mask... He wasn't a compasionate man at all But he ruled with an iron fist. She aproached the Emperor and in a weak and nervous voice she spoke.
"My lord i come from The village of Arkvia..."
" Fool!" The emperor interrupted
"First you must bow" He said in a comical tone
the royal subjects around him went into a deep and evil laugh as she wasted no time in bowing
"My lord my apologies...."
"Do continue" Said the Emperor interupting her again.
"My lord i am Counciller Jade from the village Arkvia... I have come in need of assitence... As you may know my village is right on the edge of Numa territorry The nearest Mir village to us is 40 miles down illuison path.
The numas know this... And so they have been taking advantage of us.. Burning our house's adn stealing our crops we need your help!"
the emperor tapped his fingers for a few seconds
"Why dont you leave then? As you may know my armys are stretched there is no way i can help you."
"My lord.... we are doomed then?"
The emperoor laughed carelesly
"I f you say so!" The emperor said as she stormed out of the castle

As Jade walked to find her father she had no idea what she should do know.
was she to return helpless? Or would she just simply not return, But then a thought surged in her brain
We will have to find sumone else to help us.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking prick, he needs to die...er...fuck off.

cross-threaded
cross-threaded
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...Legends of Murrrrrrrrrr...

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know, it does sound retarded as hell, but I think that if I had something that I could get over $500 for, then I would be pissed if somebody else took it and sold it too. Whether it's a video game sword or one of my guitars.
It's obviously worth money - like it or not - so maybe it really should be considered a crime. I mean, technically he stole $500 bucks from the guy :shrug:

Eye-like balls
Eye-like balls
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 07:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But it's very hard to prove that something which does not exist has any real monetary value. Especially something that is considered to be little boys' business.

I can see it now: "You stole my railgun, pay me my 100$ or I call the cops"

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 07:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

YOU STOLE MY SWORD

i also fragged you

OMGAH MURDERER *fones police*

PostPosted: 04-03-2005 07:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I beleive someones already been sued over a video game article... I thought I read something about it in Everquest.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the pope isn't looking too good. I hope he's okay.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
I beleive someones already been sued over a video game article... I thought I read something about it in Everquest.

yeah, i think someone got in shit for stealing someones character.
but thats more hacking than just nicking some chode's sword.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah read about that, hilarious :D

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et fili, et spiritus sancti.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.