Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Your drink of choice?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Your drink of choice?

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 09-26-2007 10:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, q3w, what is your drink of choice?

I'd have to say whisky would be mine. If I'm trying to get drunk, cheap, piss colored american beer works but if I want a real drink a gentlemen's jack is enjoyable or maybe some JW black label on the rocks. I'm trying to expand my whisky palette so if you have recommendations i'd appreciate it.

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 09-26-2007 11:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i love beer. in fact i just finished 1 pint 6 fl. oz. of an incredibly fucking kick ass pumpkin ale. Night Owl Pumpkin Ale. it's from a seattle based brewing company so it might be a bit of a rare find out of the northwest US. but to be honest there's too many beers i find way good to pick just one. so i say beer in general.

if hard A. comes into the equation though i'm a sucker for anything vodka. someone once told me that vodka was "my drink" because i can pretty much down it with no problem and wake up the next ready for a 5 hour hike. it trashes me in the moment but i dont seem to have any after affects with it. memosas and screwdrivers are good. as well as sex on the beach and long islands depending on how they're made. my sister just got married a month-ish ago and there was bottomless sex on the beach that tasted like fruit punch. aparently i somehow ended up getting high with the neighbors kid and claimed control over a fire pit.

galliano comes in as a close second to vodka. a few shots of that stuff and i'm in heaven.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 09-26-2007 11:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Water

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-26-2007 11:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grandpa Stu wrote:
if hard A. comes into the equation though i'm a sucker for anything vodka. someone once told me that vodka was "my drink" because i can pretty much down it with no problem and wake up the next ready for a 5 hour hike. it trashes me in the moment but i dont seem to have any after affects with it.

Same :smirk:

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 09-26-2007 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think fruit juice is pretty underrated.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-26-2007 11:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Protein shake.

Numero Uno
Numero Uno
PostPosted: 09-26-2007 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cum shot

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 01:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

johhny walker is like tramp's piss, but i've never liked blended stuff. laphroaig and ardbeg are good islay single malts, or there's a nice irish one called redbreast that's a little bit less brutal.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 01:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

beer (märzen, kellerbier, http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin.cfm)

gin tonic

absinth + prosecco

Realistic Gore
Realistic Gore
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 02:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fluids

*wank*
*wank*
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 03:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alcohol: caipirinas or mojitos
Non-alcohol: water most of the time.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 03:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Vodka poured over ice.

Was a big jack drinker. But, im at that point i realize its just vile bum juice.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 03:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alcohol: Beer, usually microbrews or stuff like Blue Moon and Sam Adams - "craft" style brews from large breweries.
Non-alcohol: Water. I quit drinking pop/soda/coffee on a regular basis over a year ago after I got a killer withdrawal headache.

PostPosted: 09-27-2007 03:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Water, and coffee occassionally (much as I would rather do without it).

yeah, also a protein shake

Numero Uno
Numero Uno
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 04:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

caffeine really isn't bad for you

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 04:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mostly water, a Monster Lo-Carb a few mornings a week, occasionally coffee.
If I'm drinking, which is rare these days, it's beer. No more hard stuff for me, too hard to track my intake. I've been delving into the wonderful world of hefeweizens lately. :drool:

Numero Uno
Numero Uno
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 04:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:drool:

PostPosted: 09-27-2007 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ek wrote:
caffeine really isn't bad for you

yeah

just don't like to be over-stimulated

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 04:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ek wrote:

:drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i love Widmer, but can only do it from the tap

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 05:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

those lines :puke:

like a slurpy machine.

i doen like anything that stays wet for years

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

except for lovely fish of corce

yea i drink beer water and coffe and the occasional ginger beer

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I enjoy lactose free milk... a gatorade when I'm thirsty really hits the spot. I sometimes have an energy drink mid squash game which seems to do the trick.

freshly squeezed pomegranate juice is lovely, as is carrot juice (though you need a shitload of carrots to squeeze out a glass).

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 05:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Daily - Water and Coffee
Occasionally - Gray Goose and Tonic

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 06:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd say for the amounts I devour on a daily basis is diet coke... I know what you'll say about it, but my ex got me hooked on that shit so now regular coke tastes too sweet.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 06:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Water.
Tea (good blends).
Red wine -- A straight, robust cab is best, but I like just about anything.

Not a big beer fan, but I appreciate good ones. Dark beers and Belgium ales preferably.
Mixed drinks are rare, but gin & tonics and manhattans are my choice. Theres a 1940's-era Polish martini bar nearby, and when I'm there, it's a classic gin martini. If I'm just drinking cheap alcohol at a dive with friends, long islands are a safe bet.

Yeah, I'm picky. :p

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ohh yeah as far as liquor goes, I'd really rather have a good cabernet, other wines just don't do it for me.

Hard liquor if I must be forced at gunpoint I'd have to say a gray goose or something equally mild in taste.

Amstel light is very tasty with lunch as far as beers go and that's about it, I wouldn't be drinking beer just to get drunk

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Coke and coffee for me

Single malt Scotch Whiskey

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 07:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Water, Diet Coke, Scotch, or Crown Royal

horton
horton
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
johhny walker is like tramp's piss, but i've never liked blended stuff. laphroaig and ardbeg are good islay single malts, or there's a nice irish one called redbreast that's a little bit less brutal.

Try something other than red/black label then...I got black label and wont use it for anything other than mixing - I got gold label and its fucking awesome...laphoiag is also damn nice - when I want something hardcore, nothing can touch laphroiag quarter cask, but sometimes the smoothness of JW Gold wins me over.

as for bourbon, i happen to have a glass of elijah craig 12yrs in front of me now, but my favourite is 4 roses - single barrel

I also have a couple of bottle of cognac, some jose gold tequila, finlandia and fris vodka, jaegermeister, drambuie oh and some suntory yamazaki which is suprisingly nice for japanese shit in the style of scotch.

when it was in the middle of summer, i went through a beer phase - the winners were hoegarden, and the old favourite stella artois. to be honest when it comes to an ice cold beer, nothing can touch a bottle of stella from the freezer.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Egh... not really fond of Stella. My gf's sister brought a case over one day and left it in my fridge. It took me a while to get through all of it. Used it for cooking a couple times. :shrug:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 08:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Big Kahuna Burger wrote:
So, q3w, what is your drink of choice?

I'd have to say whisky would be mine. If I'm trying to get drunk, cheap, piss colored american beer works but if I want a real drink a gentlemen's jack is enjoyable or maybe some JW black label on the rocks. I'm trying to expand my whisky palette so if you have recommendations i'd appreciate it.

wait....aren't you the guy who got a minor last week for drinking a 40 out on your front porch?

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm mostly a beer knurd. I like hefeweissens and wheat beers when I'm going to be having a few, because they have a good flavor but they're still fairly light.
When I really want to taste something, I like hoppy and/or bitter beers. I like Terrapin's Rye Ale, there are a couple of Flying Dogs that are okay, our local brewery Yazoo makes a Dos Perros that's quite tasty, I'm a fan of Stella, I like IPAs even though they usually give me a touch of the heartburn later... I also love Murphy's Irish Stout, but I rarely drink it since it's so heavy.

When it comes to cocktails, I either have Grey Goose and tonic or a Bombay Sapphire and tonic. On the very rare occasion I feel like bourbon or whiskey, I'll either have Makers Mark or some Knob Creek I've had in the pantry for a while.

Daytime, I usually drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning (sometimes just one), a coke with lunch and usually dinner as well, and the rest of the time I just drink water. I should probably drink more fruit juices too.

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not a connoiseur like most of you but of the beers i've tasted I like the the heavier ones the most. Don't really go for hard liquor though. On average it'll mostly be water, milk or a seven-up/fanta rip-off. Hate cola and. Only drink coffee on funerals.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.