Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Your drink of choice?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Your drink of choice?

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not a connoiseur like most of you but of the beers i've tasted I like the the heavier ones the most. Don't really go for hard liquor though. On average it'll mostly be water, milk or a seven-up/fanta rip-off. Hate cola and. Only drink coffee on funerals.

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Depends on the occation.

Beer is nice, I'm not very picky, I just try to stay away from the cheapest piss. Something simple like Heineken is good on a hot day, but I appreciate a good pilsener or some micro brewery stuff too, I just don't go out of my way to always drink the "good" stuff.

Other than that I like full bodied and smokey single malts, aged Calvados and occationally a nice quality Rum. "Clean" spirits like vodka may be good for getting drunk, but I don't drink just to get drunk anymore, and I don't really like that pure alcohol taste so I mostly don't drink it.

Oh, and wine. Especially with food, but sometimes just for socializing too. A nice cold Rosé with barbecue on a hot summer evening, or a Pinot Noir with some nice Italian food. Good stuff.

Also, water, coffee and an occational glass of milk. Don't drink much soft drinks or fruit juices - too much sugar or cancerogens.

Last edited by Grudge on 09-27-2007 10:05 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 10:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah shaft a few days before my birthday. it ended up being a warning instead i guess

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 11:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

douwe egberts skinny latte

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grudge wrote:
Oh, and wine. Especially with food, but sometimes just for socializing too. A nice cold Rosé with barbecue on a hot summer evening, or a Pinot Noir with some nice Italian food. Good stuff.

A Rosé with BBQ!?! :eek: You heathen!

Joking, of course. I hate it when people obsess on wine.

I'm a microbrew kinda guy. I'll settle for a Sam Adams or Boulevard in a pinch. I'm going to a five-course meal tonight. Each course has a different beer to compliment it. :up:

Oh, and of course Oktoberfest on Saturday. :drool:

Hard alcohol, you'll see me go for good ol' Jack. (Thoapboi is a moran)

As for wine, I like Red Zin, Chardonnay, and a crisp Reisling Spätlese is always good.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last couple of weekends it's been Paulaner Salvator, Spaten Optimator, and some Sam Adams Black Lager.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 03:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
ek wrote:
caffeine really isn't bad for you

yeah

just don't like to be over-stimulated

Shouldn't run into any problems reading this forum then.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 03:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Last couple of weekends it's been Paulaner Salvator, Spaten Optimator, and some Sam Adams Black Lager.

:olo:

Knight of the Sad Countenance
Knight of the Sad Countenance
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 05:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love Absinthe.

A lot of people would say it's a bad idea, on your first day out of prison, to go right back to stalking the tranny hooker that knocked out five of your teeth. But that's how I roll..

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Scourge wrote:

Noted.

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

as far as beer goes, whatever someone hands me. I'll buy lawnmowing beer like coors light, but I like sam adams.

Whisky/whiskey: I like real kentucky bourbons and I like Jack and I like canadian blends.
I buy for home rotgut Old Crow and I love it (has a pecan flavor), but a the bar lately I have been ordering knob creek.

Scotch: I like blends ok, Johnny walker and chivas, but the king of cheap blends is Clan MacGregor. Really!

My favorite single malt is Laphroig (sp) lots of scotch drinkers don't like the Islays so that means more for me but Islays are so strong with the peaty, mossy, smokey taste that many don't like them. I do!

Other than that. Water, Coke or iced tea. :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-27-2007 09:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chimay
tea
hot cocoa

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-28-2007 02:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
hefeweissens

it's "hefeweizen" ~ weizen = wheat

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 09-28-2007 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Except when it's spelled hefe-weiss of course.

Also, the winner of beers: Köstritzer schwartzbier. :up:

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 09-28-2007 07:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If we're nitpicking, it can be spelled hefeweizen or hefeweiße(n), although more and more people have started using hefeweissen -- which doesn't mean the same thing, but usage determines language as much as the other way around sometimes.

Either way, I prefer hefeweißen because that's the way I first learned it, but it's a pain in the ass to type ess-tset's ( ß )on an American keyboard, so I substitute it with "ss."

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 09-28-2007 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well the 'S' means double ss so it doesnt matter really :P

KITTY!!
KITTY!!
PostPosted: 09-28-2007 01:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Red Wine and Cider

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-28-2007 06:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Noted.

AA :up:

get ready for the sucker punch!
get ready for the sucker punch!
PostPosted: 09-28-2007 06:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hennessy and apple juice.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 09-28-2007 08:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Scourge wrote:
Noted.

AA :up:

FA :up:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-30-2007 01:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i prefer the extra manly stanly

you merely use yor cok to stir

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 09-30-2007 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

molson canadian / keith richard's

any half decent red wine

Finlandia + freshly squeezed OJ

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-30-2007 05:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
FA :up:

RA :up:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-30-2007 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Randys Anonymous

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.