Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Hurrr got a lip tattoo

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Hurrr got a lip tattoo

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 02-17-2008 02:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did it hurt more then a regular tattoo?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-17-2008 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ebolaivory eh

SOAPboy wrote:
Nightshade wrote:
Sensitive? As in it hurt getting it? Are we supposed to be impressed with your ability to take pain? lol?

No no. As in, it WILL fade. it WILL go away at some point. They tend to be "semi perm"

EbolaIvory wrote:
Honestly, other than being a tiny bit tender i cant even tell i had it done.

Heres to hoping it stays the first time and i dont have to go get it redone. :(

Last edited by EtUL on 02-17-2008 04:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 02-17-2008 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-17-2008 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
ebolaivory eh

Yes. Who are you?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 12:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congratulations, that looks utterly ridiculous.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 05:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
i have heard anesthetists dont like to give epidurals to ladys with lower back area tataooas because they are concernd about getting ink in the spinal cord or something like that, have any y'all ever heard that?

Sounds like urban legend.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 06:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or dribbling.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea prolly bs as i guess i seen it on the news

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... TVNewsAt11

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
plained wrote:
i have heard anesthetists dont like to give epidurals to ladys with lower back area tataooas because they are concernd about getting ink in the spinal cord or something like that, have any y'all ever heard that?

Sounds like urban legend.

the tool they use is meant to only go as deep as it needs to and that means skin deep.
that could only be a possibility imo only if it's an old school manually applied tattoo if you know what I mean.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
yea prolly bs as i guess i seen it on the news

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... TVNewsAt11

'Right now, there is no consensus either way in the medical community as to the significance of the risk.'

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 09:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've never really understood the lip tattoo.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hurrr

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 10:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he couldn't say "hey"

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 11:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just wanted to say again what a fucking stupid cunt of an idea it was to get your bottom, inner lip tawtooed

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 11:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm just wondering... who exactly are you going to be showing this tattoo to? Isn't that the point of a tattoo? For your body to be a piece of art? Having the tattoo done on the inside of your mouth seems kinda anti productive in the tattoo idea. Obviously, it's not like you're going to wander around pulling on your lower lip so people see your tattoo all the time, unless your completely batshit insane and don't mind drooling over everyone you're showing the tattoo off to....

Plus, it's some douche word, not to mention it'll wear off pretty quickly I imagine...

You gonna impress the ladies with your lip tattoo? I can see it now... "hey baby, check this out! (yanks lower lip) (Confused look comes over the girls as she's utterly digusted and has no idea wht the definition of the word even means.)

Anyway... yeah... nice one dude. I'm all for the freedom to do what you want, but you win the "freedom to do completely pointless crap to your body" award this year.

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 05:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mal-aligned-teeth

:owned:

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 05:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe it directs them away from the teeth?

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 07:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

l0g1c wrote:
mal-aligned-teeth

:owned:

I can't believe that took nearly 4 pages. We're slipping.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It didn't -- 5th reply in fact. :p

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 07:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe he can convince his girlfriend to get a "Festering hatchet wound" tatoo.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 08:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
It didn't -- 5th reply in fact. :p

"should have spent the money on braces" != "mal-aligned-teeth"

meh... I suppose. I like the play on words better. :shrug:

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol. by the time i read your post, i'd already forgotten what his tattoo said, so i didn't get the joke. :tard:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 09:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I'm just wondering... who exactly are you going to be showing this tattoo to? Isn't that the point of a tattoo? For your body to be a piece of art? Having the tattoo done on the inside of your mouth seems kinda anti productive in the tattoo idea. Obviously, it's not like you're going to wander around pulling on your lower lip so people see your tattoo all the time, unless your completely batshit insane and don't mind drooling over everyone you're showing the tattoo off to....

Plus, it's some douche word, not to mention it'll wear off pretty quickly I imagine...

You gonna impress the ladies with your lip tattoo? I can see it now... "hey baby, check this out! (yanks lower lip) (Confused look comes over the girls as she's utterly digusted and has no idea wht the definition of the word even means.)

Anyway... yeah... nice one dude. I'm all for the freedom to do what you want, but you win the "freedom to do completely pointless crap to your body" award this year.

It was for myself.
Look up the word.

And yes, its fading, i knew this going into it. I did it mostly because ive always wanted to get one done and since 50 bucks is pocket change anymore i figured fuck it, why not.

BTW no. To me a tattoo isnt "to show off" its something you do for yourself. If you arnt getting tattoos for yourself and just to show off, you're getting them for the wrong reasons.

It means something to me. Most of you fucks dont understand that, which is to be expected from Q3W, but id at least expect the people who have ink done to "get it". Obviously not. But hey, w/e. I dont regret it, and its something i did for myself.

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 10:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you did it for yourself, so you posted it online with pictures?

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 10:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Big Kahuna Burger wrote:
you did it for yourself, so you posted it online with pictures?

Sure why not?

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just seems like showing off to me

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Κracus wrote:

It was for myself.
Look up the word.

And yes, its fading, i knew this going into it. I did it mostly because ive always wanted to get one done and since 50 bucks is pocket change anymore i figured fuck it, why not.

BTW no. To me a tattoo isnt "to show off" its something you do for yourself. If you arnt getting tattoos for yourself and just to show off, you're getting them for the wrong reasons.

It means something to me. Most of you fucks dont understand that, which is to be expected from Q3W, but id at least expect the people who have ink done to "get it". Obviously not. But hey, w/e. I dont regret it, and its something i did for myself.

I have ink done and I don't get it. I got the ink done for myself too, each time, don't know if I'd do it again, but what the hell. The inside of the lip just seems to be an odd place to do it for several reasons - but if you're motivation was just to reiterate that message of being malignant to yourself while brushing your teeth or something - and I don't mean that sarcastically - than I guess that's the best place.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 10:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought about getting some tattoos as a medical student. Then I thought about the effect a nice case of hepatitis would have on my career...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-19-2008 12:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What does it mean to you, then?

Numero Uno
Numero Uno
PostPosted: 02-19-2008 01:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just lettin you know, you still look like a spastic.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 02-19-2008 03:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

w/e

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-19-2008 03:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol @ pseudobeard

edit: quasibeard. metabeard. subbeard. halfbeard.

you cannot grow a proper beard.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-19-2008 04:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I'm just wondering... who exactly are you going to be showing this tattoo to? Isn't that the point of a tattoo? For your body to be a piece of art? Having the tattoo done on the inside of your mouth seems kinda anti productive in the tattoo idea.

You only get tats to show other people if you're a fucking retard. If others can see your tats, great. The point is not to get something to showcase to other people, it's to decorate your body in a way that's meaningful to you.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-19-2008 04:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
lol @ pseudobeard

edit: quasibeard. metabeard. subbeard. halfbeard.

you cannot grow a proper beard.

You better be able to bust out some ZZ Top quality manfur my friend, because I'm betting it's not exactly your strong suit either.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-19-2008 04:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One does not need to be picasso to critique mondrean, bladdo

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.