Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Diablo III

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Diablo III

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 05:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turbanator wrote:
I'm tempted to say I'm not gonna do this... By this I mean RoS.

I beta'd the expansion pack and wasn't hugely impressed. And after the let down D3 was, I'm fearful of more buried time and further disappointment.

But... Then... I remember D2. Is it anywhere close?

When did D2 come out? 2000? I was playing Quake3 like a baus...not some babby click game.

As everyone else has said the loot system has improved since launch, its more rewarding to play. Was the transmog lady in the beta? She is cool.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 06:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Crusader has been fun to level so far

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turbanator wrote:
But... Then... I remember D2. Is it anywhere close?

not by a long shot

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 04-01-2014 08:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's a DPS spreadsheet I've been working on. I can't promise that my skill calculations for the crusader tab are perfect, but the first tab is a really accurate way of evaluating how gear changes impact your damage.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-08-2014 02:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Patch 2.0.4 is now live: patch notes

Quick summary:

o Barbarian: slight Fury generator buff.

o Crusader: Wrath spender buff and they now get a blanket 15% damage reduction, mid-way between the 30% that Barb/Monk have and the 0% for the three ranged classes. Lots of Steed Charge changes, lower duration, lower cooldown, but higher uptime, and it no longer breaks stuns [only roots].

o Demon Hunter: slight Hatred generator buff.

o Monk: nothing, lewl.

o Witch Doctor: slight signature spell buff.

o Wizard: Electrocute and Frozen Orb nerfs presented as bug fixes. Kind of deserved though, IMO. I levelled my Wizard to 70 over the weekend and their power level is a bit out of whack.

o Malthael will more consistently drop the Reaper's Fear Legendary crafting material [fukin' finally, I had no idea it was bugged and wasted a lot of time trying to craft those bracers].

o The Blacksmith's Belongings box in Act I no longer has collision!!!

o Monster health bars have commas!!!

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 04-09-2014 06:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't been back on crusader to try the changes but they didn't seem like enough compared to how much more powerful wizard and demon hunter are. What they needed is a 15% damage increase (perhaps make heavenly strength scale your strength stat) on top of the wrath generators buffs. It's like they realized crusaders take 15% longer to kill shit and just said "fuck it, make it easier to survive that long, problem solved."

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-10-2014 07:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Confirmed: demon hunter is the shit.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 04-10-2014 08:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
o The Blacksmith's Belongings box in Act I no longer has collision!!!

U4EA wrote:
!!!

You must have an exciting life ;)

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-12-2014 11:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With a fixed camera and isometric perspective, the game world can look pretty flat and almost bland. This guy used some machinima tools to take some pretty interesting footage:

And apparently he did the same a few years ago in D3V as well:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-15-2014 03:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Console version of RoS announced: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14096399

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-15-2014 03:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cashback for those who have to buy the game twice? No? Get fucked

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-03-2014 09:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought this today on PC...installing. Need another good time sink so I can save for a house

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-03-2014 10:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm playing DC. Name's Mungrul in game.
And it really is a good time sink. There's a massive amount of variety now, and the loot just keeps scratching itches.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-03-2014 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I quit after a few weeks into RoS but have started a new seasonal hardcore Barbarian after patch 2.1 last week.

edit: What's New in Patch 2.1.0?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-06-2014 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

coop anyone ? :olo:

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 01-07-2015 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been playing Diablo 3 on console lately as a Crusader. I'm still in Act 5. Anyone else find Act 5 a little boring?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-07-2015 04:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really like Act V, much better than Act IV.
But then at the end of the day, the campaign is just the prelude for Adventure Mode these days.
Adventure mode is where the fun is at now.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-07-2015 11:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Need to get back on this....

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-08-2015 04:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just started playing this on xbone. Not bad so far but still in Act 1... I think.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 01-08-2015 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
I really like Act V, much better than Act IV.
But then at the end of the day, the campaign is just the prelude for Adventure Mode these days.
Adventure mode is where the fun is at now.

Oh i see. I should check that out. Is that a multiplayer online thing or can I play that single player?

edit: this is the first diablo game I've really played, so I'm still learning things.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-09-2015 01:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Adventure Mode's basically the "End Game", what comes after completing the campaign, and is a way to continually progress your characters. It can be played single or multiplayer, just like the campaign.
It gives you free reign over the entire world, and sets you quests called Bounties, where maybe you'll have to kill a boss or clear an area.

On top of that, you have Vanilla and Greater Rifts. A Rift is a series of levels populated by monsters picked randomly from the tables. In normal Rifts, you have to kill a certain amount of monsters, then a boss appears.

Greater Rifts work similarly, but there are no loot drops from monsters before the boss, and it's timed. Additionally, the difficulty level of a Greater Rift is determined by completing a brief precursory horde-mode style map. If you complete a Greater Rift within the time limit, you can choose to either upgrade a Legendary gem or try the next level of difficulty. If you complete it over the time limit, it still gives you the opportunity to upgrade a Legendary gem.
The higher the level of a Legendary gem, the lower the chance to upgrade it is, but that chance increases as the difficulty level of the Greater Rift does. It's a really good risk/reward mechanism.

All these things are tailored to keep you coming back for more, but it's all so polished, fun and gratifying, you don't resent it. Let alone which, most activities in Adventure mode take between 10-15 minutes once you know what you're doing, making it a perfect way to fill spare but limited time.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-09-2015 01:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so basically the endless dungeon from torchlight then.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-09-2015 02:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never got that far in Torchlight; it bored me senseless after a while. Don't know exactly why; the look was great, performance was smooth, there were some very cool ideas... but I'd just get bored incredibly quickly while playing.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 01-09-2015 09:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Adventure Mode's basically the "End Game", what comes after completing the campaign, and is a way to continually progress your characters. It can be played single or multiplayer, just like the campaign.
It gives you free reign over the entire world, and sets you quests called Bounties, where maybe you'll have to kill a boss or clear an area.

On top of that, you have Vanilla and Greater Rifts. A Rift is a series of levels populated by monsters picked randomly from the tables. In normal Rifts, you have to kill a certain amount of monsters, then a boss appears.

Greater Rifts work similarly, but there are no loot drops from monsters before the boss, and it's timed. Additionally, the difficulty level of a Greater Rift is determined by completing a brief precursory horde-mode style map. If you complete a Greater Rift within the time limit, you can choose to either upgrade a Legendary gem or try the next level of difficulty. If you complete it over the time limit, it still gives you the opportunity to upgrade a Legendary gem.
The higher the level of a Legendary gem, the lower the chance to upgrade it is, but that chance increases as the difficulty level of the Greater Rift does. It's a really good risk/reward mechanism.

All these things are tailored to keep you coming back for more, but it's all so polished, fun and gratifying, you don't resent it. Let alone which, most activities in Adventure mode take between 10-15 minutes once you know what you're doing, making it a perfect way to fill spare but limited time.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I'll give it a whirl after I finish Act 5 (whenever that happens.) :q1:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 01-09-2015 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm. The new gamemodes sound cool. I'll consider buying it once the price drops.

But 40€? Hell no!

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-06-2015 01:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone playing in Season 4? I didn't really put that much time into the earlier seasons [would get bored pretty quick], but I'm having a lot of fun this time around. I've pushed harder this time than any previous season and even further than non-season. Currently at 328 paragon clearing tier 46 grifts quite easily. Trying to get an ancient weapon before aiming higher.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-06-2015 07:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've put very little time into this :(

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.