Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Diablo III

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Diablo III

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-05-2014 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes. There's basically no "original game" left anymore. D3V on patch 2.0.1 and RoS will all be running on the same servers, and you'll be able to interact with others who don't have the expansion while you do [vice versa as well]. Your D3V client will patch up to 2.0.1 automatically, and RoS features will unlock only if you've bought it.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-05-2014 01:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea you can even get RoS loot without the expansion unlocked. I've been seeing some items over level 60 drop.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-05-2014 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, Crusader only flails and shields.

Items over level 60 appears to be a Wizard only bug. I've seen some 60+ items on my Wizard, which disenchanted into higher level crafting materials. Haven't seen higher level drops on any of my other characters.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 05:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have been playing the fuck out of this since 2.0 launched. Those moments when an item drops that has certain affixes that encourage you to change your build are amazing. The incredible depth of the game's original skill/rune system has been increased by new, interesting affixes and effects. I don't remember the last time I was having so much fun in a game that I was literally laughing. It is a great experience if you have the stomach to farm enough interesting items, which is not for everyone, even if it is way easier to do, post 2.0.

Grats on your hc barb, u4ea.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cheers mate, hit us up in the Q3W clan. It's just me and bitWISE so far, xer0s hasn't accepted his invite yet.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 10:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

damn, I've completely forgot how to play or what any of my abilities or stats do.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-08-2014 01:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wonder if they'll release these gameplay changes to the console versions.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-08-2014 05:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
Pext wrote:

arg.. you bastard :cry:
Must.. make.. number.. go up faster! upgrades!

Indeed :mad:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-08-2014 06:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
damn, I've completely forgot how to play or what any of my abilities or stats do.

This is me. I hopped on and played for about 15 minutes the other night and said fuck this. I couldn't remember how to play!

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-08-2014 11:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i've gone and done it, bought it for $40, compared to the 60.

i'll be on in no time, just gotta reconfigure files, almost 45%

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-08-2014 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my WD, barb die alot, i can only play with my 34monk

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-09-2014 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
Cheers mate, hit us up in the Q3W clan. It's just me and bitWISE so far, xer0s hasn't accepted his invite yet.

OK. I sent a request. Name is Dreadnaught.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-10-2014 05:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

I'm still relearning too. Running a very basic arcane-slowing wizard build (drop hydra, spam disintegrate) but it seems to be working well so fuck it.

MKJ wrote:
wonder if they'll release these gameplay changes to the console versions.

I thought the console versions shipped with "loot 2.0" from the start?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-10-2014 05:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

orly?
I knew they did some gamplay changes to compensate for the lack of AH.. but the way they've been hyping this patch so much you'd think it's a totally different thing.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-10-2014 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not quite loot 2.0 on the console; it's increased legendary drops with psychotically high stats. It's like loot 2.0 on steroids. The console version also doesn't come with the rest of the 2.0 improvements, though some of that might come over when Reaper is released on consoles. They are treating the console game quite separately from the PC version, which is why the interface is so different and they have the dodge move which is absent from the PC. I applaud them for having the foresight to understand that games usually don't automatically translate across platforms and going the extra mile to do what's right on a per-platform basis.

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 03-10-2014 11:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bought the PC version the month it came out, played once and then never again.

But all dis chattering...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-10-2014 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i bought it a day ago and returned it already, again

never touching that crap again

already got my refund too :up:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-10-2014 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The ps3 version is a blast to play. First i got it on the pc and got a refund due to poor support for the NZ region. (massive lag spikes and rubberbanding) Then picked it up on the ps3 to see if the coop would be good. The gf loves it, we are running a monk and witch doctor. She usually hates gaming so this is an interesting development.

So to sum up, pc<ps3 for diablo 3.

Still no news on the expansion coming out for the ps3 though, fingers crossed.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-10-2014 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was pretty chuffed to find the console version has couch co-op, which in and of itself is brilliant.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-10-2014 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
picked it up on the ps3 to see if the coop would be good. The gf loves it, we are running a monk and witch doctor.

This. This is what I'd love to do if I weren't already heavily invested in my PC characters (200-something hours on barbarian, ~40 or so on demon hunter). Local, same screen co-op is one of the best experiences you can have in gaming, and pretty much no one does it anymore except, what, sports games? Very cool.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-11-2014 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Patch 2.0.3 deployed during yesterday's maintenance. A few minor bug fixes and crafting tweaks. The main change was moving the guaranteed legendary after resetting quests from SK to Diablo. That's only really relevant for another 2 weeks in any case, since you'll be playing Adventure Mode [!] in RoS.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-13-2014 12:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Crusader skill calculator is up!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader

I'm still undecided as to whether my first step in RoS will be Act V and then level my Barb to 70, or starting a Crusader.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-18-2014 08:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - The End is Near

All aboard the hype train, choo choo!

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-20-2014 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy fucking shit, I cannot believe this.

After nearly 10 years of Oceanic complaining across various games [mainly WoW and Diablo 3], Australia finally gets local Diablo 3 servers:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12163546457

My latency has dropped from 200-250 to about 35-50 D:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

got my barb up to lvl 32 in one day, this bonus exp event is boss when you add the bonus xp items + pools of reflection (or whatever those yellow pools are)

and having sub 100 ping and removing the ah has really fixed my main issues. wd blizzard, only took you guys like 2 years to fix ya game.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know what's really going to suck? When the pre-RoS bonus XP is taken away and you get back to regular leveling speeds :s

Don't get too attached to it [I'm already too attached to it].

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 01:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah for sure. :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-24-2014 08:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reaper of Souls coming for consoles, but only bundled with vD3 and only for X1 and PS4.

so current console players get shafted. nice.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/ne ... x-One.html

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-24-2014 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I suppose if you own the base game, they could offer RoS as really expensive DLC. This is the most elegant solution, but it does suck that you have to buy the base game twice, essentially.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-24-2014 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not to mention a whole new console ..

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-25-2014 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK this is hilarious and cute. First check this [RoS opening cinematic, no spoilers]:

Then this:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-25-2014 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol :up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-25-2014 10:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Act V was really good.

Did a blind run on expert hardcore with a lvl60 barb..what a rush.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 12:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm tempted to say I'm not gonna do this... By this I mean RoS.

I beta'd the expansion pack and wasn't hugely impressed. And after the let down D3 was, I'm fearful of more buried time and further disappointment.

But... Then... I remember D2. Is it anywhere close?

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you played the beta and didn't like it, I doubt you'll like the full version.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.