Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Diablo III

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Diablo III

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-31-2012 11:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

apparently it frees up a processor when it doesnt have to render the ceiling.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-01-2012 08:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Anyway, where exactly does skill come in with Diablo? Isn't it true that the game is 80, perhaps 90 percent about the items you happen to have equipped? And if you're not getting good enough items you'll just buy them in an auctionhouse. So tell me, what skill so you need? haggling?

This is pretty much true. I mean, there's a fundamental skill height that you need to reach in order to move your character around the battlefield, and you also need to be able to not suck at using your skills (relatively high actions-per-minute rate), and you need to have some measure of game knowledge to assemble an intelligent build... but to me, most of that stuff is the skill price of admission to play the game properly. Does Diablo 3 have a skill ceiling like StarCraft or Quake? I am pretty sure the answer is no.

However, the game is much more fun than you might expect. At least until Inferno difficulty.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-02-2012 10:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

gg blizzard for giving me my fucking refund

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spoilers ahead, in case you haven't already finished the story.

VILLAGERS: OMG THE UNDEAD ARE RISING
LEAH: ITS JUST UNCLE DECKARDS CRAZY STORIES
*VILLAGER GETS HEAD EATEN OFF
LEAH: AGAIN, JUST STORIES, I ASSURE YOU
*NAKED OUT OF PLACE WITCH DOCTOR SHOWS UP
LEAH: I TOTALLY TRUST YOU COMPLETELY, LETS GO FIND UNCLE DECKARD
LEAH: LOOK THERE HE IS, FELL DOWN 100 FEET OR SO BUT HES FINE
*EVERYONE GOES BACK TO TOWN
DECKARD CAIN: RANDOM WITCH DOCTOR, GO KILL THE SKELETON KING, HE RESURRECTED JUST BECAUSE THIS ENTIRE ACT IS A DIABLO 1997 REFERENCE
WITCH DOCTOR: K
*WITCH DOCTOR KILLS SKELETON KING AND FINDS A NAKED BLACK MAN
WITCH DOCTOR: YO DECKARD, I FOUND THIS NAKED BLACK DUDE
DECKARD CAIN: K GO FIND HIS SWORD PIECES
WITCH DOCTOR: Y????
DECKARD CAIN: DUNNO LMAO, JUST A GUESS
*MAGDA SHOWS UP
MAGDA: I COME FROM WORLD OF WARCRAFT TO DESTROY U
WITCH DOCTOR: K LMAO ALREADY GOT THE SWORD PIECES
MAGDA: DAMN!!!!! ILL JUST GO STEAL THAT NAKED BLACK DUDE AND PROLONG THIS ACT FOR NO REASON
*SHOOTS FIRE AT CAIN, STEALS BLACK MAN
LEAH: STORIES KILLED MY UNCLE!!!!!!!!!
WITCH DOCTOR: PRETTY SURE MAGDA DID, NUB
*WITCH DOCTOR RUNS TO SAVE BLACK MAN
WITCH DOCTOR: OMG THE BUTCHER, ANOTHER POINTLESS RESURRECTION OF A 1997 DIABLO CHARACTER WITH NO EXPLANATION
BUTCHER: AH FRESH MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!
*BUTCHER DIES, BLACK MAN SAVED
TYRAEL: YO HERE I AM FOOL
WITCH DOCTOR: WHY U BLACK NOW DOG?
TYRAEL: TOKEN BLACK ANGEL LMAOOOOO
*GOES TO ACT 2
VILLAGERS: OMG THE PRINCE SENT ALL THE GUARDS AWAY
WITCH DOCTOR: HE MUST BE BELIAL IN DISGUISE
LEAH: NO, NO WAY, LET'S GO ON A POINTLESS QUEST TO DO A BUNCH OF CRAP DESPITE THE FACT THAT WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON.
ADRIA: HEY DAUGHTER SUP
LEAH: OH HEY MOMS, JUST MORE STORIES TEEHEE
ADRIA: WE MUST GET THE BLACK SOULSTONE USING THIS OLD HORADRIM DUDE THAT CREATED IT
*WITCH DOCTOR RECOVERS THE SOULSTONE:
WITCH DOCTOR: WAIT, HOW DID THE SOULS OF THE OTHER 5 DEMONS GET IN HERE ALREADY?
ADRIA: DON'T WORRY BOUT IT DOG... CHRIS METZEN
WITCH DOCTOR: GOT IT!
BELIAL: I AM THE WORST LIAR EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
WITCH DOCTOR: WE KNOW
*CAPTURES SOUL
*GOES TO ACT 3
AZMODAN: YO DAWG, ATTACKING UR RAMPARTS
WITCH DOCTOR: THANKS FOR THE LEAD BRO
AZMODAN: HEY NP DAWG, ATTACKING UNDERNEATH NOW
WITCH DOCTOR: HEY DUDE THANKS AGAIN, COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT U
AZMODAN: ANYTIME, HEY COME TO MY PLACE SO WE CAN SMOKE SOME BLOW
*WITCH DOCTOR GOES TO THE HEART OF SIN
WITCH DOCTOR: YO I BROUGHT THE WEED
AZMODAN: SWEET DAWG, BEING A WARLORD IS TOUGH
WITCH DOCTOR: JK LMAO, GOT UR SOUL
*GOES BACK TO BASE
WITCH DOCTOR: OMG LEAH IS THE PRIIIIIIME EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!
ADRIA: YEA PLANNED THIS 20 YEARS AGO DOG
WITCH DOCTOR: BUT, AGAIN, HOW DID U GET ALL THE SOULS IN HERE IF YOU JUST NOW GOT THE BLACK SOULSTONE?
ADRIA: CHRIST METZEN
WITCH DOCTOR: GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!
*GOES TO ACT 4
DIABLO: WELCOME TO MY REALM OF TEAR-OR!!!!!!!!! I AM THE PRIME EEEEVILLLLL
WITCH DOCTOR: WHY DON'T YOU LOOK LIKE A COMBINATION OF ALL THE EVILS THEN???
DIABLO: I DUNNO... ASK CHRIS METZEN
DIABLO: CAN YOU TELL I'M A GIRL THIS GAME??? I CAN'T STOP TALKINGGGGGGG
DIABLO: LOOK TYRAEL, UR OWN LIEUTENANT
TYRAEL: WAIT, HOW DID IZUAL COME BACK?
DIABLO: CHRIS METZEN MADE IT HAPPENNNNNNNNNN
IZUAL: I AM BACK FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASONNNNNNN
*IZUAL DIES
DIABLO: HE WAS USELESS ANYWAY, COEM KILL MEEEEE
*WITCH DOCTOR ENTERS REALM OF TERROR
DIABLO: WELCOME TO MY REALM OF TEAR-ORRRRRR, NO ONE HAS EVER ESCAPED
*DIABLO DIES
TYRAEL: WE DID IT BOYS... ANGELS.... AND MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol did you write that?

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 02:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, it's from the D3 forums but the thread got deleted.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 03:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 11:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"cant stop talking", lol

havent played D3 at all, but even I gathered it containted a bunch of phone-in references to D1 as some sort of fan service. butcher again? says "fresh meat", really?
legendary weapons that may or may not be used by D1 heroes? geez.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deckard Cain says, "stay a while and listen," so I'm happy. :up:

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 05:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
CHRIST METZEN

:olo: :olo:

Game is fun, but yeah, the writing is stupid as possible. I wonder if Blizzard is capable of making a non-retarded story anymore.

"I'm trying to save you, now I'm the Lich King." -- Arthas

"I'm trying to save you, now I'm the Zerg Queen." -- Kerrigan

"I'm trying to save you, now I'm Diablo." -- Leah

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 07:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Beyond that, characters just don't stay dead in Blizzard games. Some examples (this is only a fraction; there are so many more):

--A few months ago, Metzen asked the WoW community (I think via Twitter, can't remember) which WC character they would like to see resurrected the most. That seems to hint that he's looking to resurrect someone. Again.

--Metzen said on the D3 collector's edition DVD that in the D3 expansion, they will likely pursue a storyline where Leah is resurrected (LOLOLOL). He said this with a straight face.

--Not even SC2 is immune from this effect, as we have Kerrigan being returned to human form instead of just dying. What can I say? You really can't care about characters if there's not a sense of mortality looming about them. If they're ultimately invincible or can somehow survive death, what's the point?

It's one, of many, reasons the new Star Wars movies don't really hold much emotional weight. The battle scenes often feature badass jedi knights pitted against mindless, skill-less battle droids. There's no sense of impending danger; no sense of high stakes. The battle is already won... so who gives a fuck that it's happening? And that kills the natural drama that occurs inside your head. And that kills the show.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 04:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:

It's one, of many, reasons the new Star Wars movies don't really hold much emotional weight. The battle scenes often feature badass jedi knights pitted against mindless, skill-less battle droids. There's no sense of impending danger; no sense of high stakes. The battle is already won... so who gives a fuck that it's happening? And that kills the natural drama that occurs inside your head. And that kills the show.

Except for Maul killing what's his name in Episode 1...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 05:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry, but Metzen needs to go. :arrow:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 06:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Mogul wrote:

Except for Maul killing what's his name in Episode 1...

Wasn't Darth Maul the good guy? He's the only guy in the movie who didn't fuck up the movie with bad lines and bad acting, and he killed that heretic Qui Gong or whatever his name was who claimed that the force came from stupid microorganisms. He did that galaxy far far away a favour and he's a hero if there ever was one.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 09:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He was hero enough to be resurrected, apparently. In some comic series, as well as the Clone Wars tv show, he's been brought back to life. Metzening it up.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-05-2012 11:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What is dead may never die.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-06-2012 06:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE!

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-06-2012 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like they are actively addressing most of the serious problems that people have been complaining about since release:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208 ... w-6_6_2012

Looks very promising at this point.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 06-06-2012 02:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh joy, I forgot about the dull trepidation caused by reading Blizzard patch notes.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 06-09-2012 03:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

turbanator#1245 :D

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 06-09-2012 07:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm already running out of fucks to give the game :(

Maybe once 103 let's us play in groups again it will be fun again.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-09-2012 08:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there is a list of random dungeons here:
Diablo 3 Random Dungeons

in case anyone is working on that achievement

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 06-09-2012 08:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:

Wait, what?

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-09-2012 11:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's alluding to the idea that since incoming monster damage increases with every member of your party that you add, on Inferno the incoming damage is too ridiculous to accept. Well, I think he's alluding to that.

At any rate, a server-side update was deployed today that removes the added monster damage. In other words, the monsters will continue to gain maximum health with every party member present, but their damage will stay the same as if it were just you playing. Since this is a "hotfix" and not a proper patch, you will probably still get the "the minions of hell grow stronger" dialogue, but it's not actually happening.

Resume partying.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 06-09-2012 12:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deathshroud wrote:
bitWISE wrote:

Wait, what?

The group scaling of inferno is so preposterously retarded compared to playing solo that no one is grouping up. With the exception of two extremely geared ranged classes teaming up (and even then, you're mostly just using each other's gravestones as waypoints), the game becomes needlessly difficult with the only incentive for taking such punishment being that you really like your friends.

It also flies in the face of the way you currently have to play late inferno. Killing things with extreme dps before you make a single mistake and get hit once then die. When their HP pools scales higher than your combined DPS (and I'm talking about my friend and I who push 80k each), that tactic becomes much harder. Throw in a seemingly random aggro table and kiting with more than one person becomes a clusterfuck.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 06-10-2012 07:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gotcha. Well, considering Diablo is simply a game of numbers (health, damage, defense) and they have access to all players stats, you would think Blizzard could develop some algorithm to scale the monster stats along the way. I don't mean that per game instance or per individual, but rather some way to scale monster stats according to maybe the top 10% of players, thus forcing others to rethink their builds.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 06-11-2012 01:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

adddd meeeehhh! I need free gear :D

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-12-2012 12:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you playing memph?
I've been considering it... even though i would probably end up having no real time to waste on it. But it just looks so good :/

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-12-2012 03:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That sounds fun. :paranoid:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-12-2012 04:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gah memph... with post like that how can i not buckle? :)

I totally forgot this was a no monthly fee MMO, excellent. Will buy this once it's out i guess... (and then regret not having time to actually play it).

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 06-12-2012 05:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

error 3003... yawn... :(

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-12-2012 05:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tell me about it Turb. I kept getting booted last night, along with a bit of lag. But it could have been the shitty hotel wifi...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-12-2012 05:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Will buy this once it's out i guess... (and then regret not having time to actually play it).

Lol why don't u have time to play it? U got 7 kids or something moron?...

Btw...having a job is not an acceptable reason for having no time...unless ur a moron...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-12-2012 05:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Tell me about it Turb. I kept getting booted last night, along with a bit of lag. But it could have been the shitty hotel wifi...

Lol traveling business morons...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.