Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Anniversary - 1 year - MH370

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Anniversary - 1 year - MH370

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-07-2015 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder if we will ever know their fate :tear:

Quote:
Today marks one year since the flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing disappeared from radar screens, with an international team expected to release a report on the plane's change of trajectory towards the southern Indian Ocean.
On March 8, 2014, the Malaysia Airlines flight set off on its doomed journey from Kuala Lumpur with 239 passengers and crew on board, including six Australians..........

Twelve months on and millions of dollars later, the search on the ocean floor continues but not a single piece of the plane has been found.

ABC News item

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-07-2015 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some people think it was suicide, according to the BBC yesterday.

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-07-2015 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I doubt that a sane person - not a terrorist - would take all those lives just to take his own.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-07-2015 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, because mass murder/suicides never happen. :alert: :dork:

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-07-2015 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That usually has a religious reason. Also, school shoot-outs are done because they wanted attention. If this guy wanted attention or wanted to be "famous" I presume he would have let the world know that he caused it all.
Then again, if he's crazy you can't really use logic...

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-07-2015 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Porto wrote:
I doubt that a sane person - not a terrorist - would take all those lives just to take his own.

If you look at the bottom of the article there's quite a few "suspected pilot suicides" so who knows. Maybe just conspiracy theories, who knows.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-07-2015 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Porto wrote:
That usually has a religious reason. Also, school shoot-outs are done because they wanted attention. If this guy wanted attention or wanted to be "famous" I presume he would have let the world know that he caused it all.
Then again, if he's crazy you can't really use logic...

Might not be planned, might be a spur of the moment decision to end it all. All I'm saying is, that it is a possibility.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-07-2015 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Porto wrote:

In the original thread when the plane disappeared I pointed out a few, off the top of my head one of them was for insurance money for his family and another was a disgruntled employee.

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_So ... light_1771 < disgruntled employee

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SilkAir_Flight_185 < Insurance money

There's this one too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAM_Mozamb ... Flight_470

and probably more :/

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-07-2015 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Porto wrote:

In the original thread when the plane disappeared I pointed out a few, off the top of my head one of them was for insurance money for his family and another was a disgruntled employee.

Links

Very interesting reads there losCHUNK. Thank you :up:

With MH370 I still find it strange there's no wreckage yet found :paranoid:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-08-2015 03:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is strange, even the air France flight that took a few years to find I think they had a rough idea where to search, although a huge area to search. In this case I don't think we can say reliably where it actually is, the Inmarsat data suggests its somewhere off the coast of Australia and it sounds good in theory but it is a theory. They should, if they havnt already, run a test scenario with another plane and use the same methods that Inmarsat used to see if they can reliably pinpoint a plane on a global map so we can say with some degree of certainty that it is where it is assumed to be.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-08-2015 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Read something the other day that said the locator beacon for MH370 expired a year before it disappeared. Good work maintenance guys :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-08-2015 10:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Read something the other day that said the locator beacon for MH370 expired a year before it disappeared. Good work maintenance guys :up:

Yes, same news got front page here on the daily paper and article on page 10 mentions the battery on the locator beacon.

ImageImage

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 03-08-2015 11:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a coral reef by now and it won't be found until we have satellite tech that can find metal a couple of miles below the ocean surface.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-03-2015 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just in case you missed it they have confirmed...

Quote:
The piece of wing found on the shore of Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean has been formally identified as part of the wreckage of Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, the Paris prosecutor has said.

The part, known as a flaperon, was found on the shore of the French-governed island on July 29 and Malaysian authorities have said paint colour and maintenance-record matches proved it came from the missing Boeing 777 aircraft.

Source

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-03-2015 11:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
a flaperon

I think they mean philange.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-04-2015 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:
a flaperon

I am confused MKJ as I Google "philange" and it is mostly to do with hand bones :confused:

https://www.google.com/search?q=philang ... 8&oe=utf-8
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 341AA2Zv8a

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-04-2015 06:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think emka is taking the piss...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-04-2015 09:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A joke started in Friends but grew beyond the boundries of the show.
Problems with planes are usually because of the left phalange.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-04-2015 10:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geoff likes long phalanges, and black

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-04-2015 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
A joke started in Friends but grew beyond the boundries of the show.
Problems with planes are usually because of the left phalange.

Oh, thanks and I see now :smirk: and why so many images of Phoebe came up.
Understand, I could count the episodes of 'Friends' I watched on the hand on an amputated arm :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-05-2015 02:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:
a flaperon

you're thinking of a wiggle-woggle

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-05-2015 07:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No this was before I defeated the evil Nibbly Wobblies.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.