Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Has anyone here driven one of those little Scion tc's?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Has anyone here driven one of those little Scion tc's?

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't realize they were Toyotas until I saw one at an auto show today. I believe it is a sort of replacement for the Celica GT?

Anybody driven one? If so, thoughts?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the whole point of that company was an exparament on toyota's part, rather than tarnish a GODLY name like toyota, they did it through another company.. so in short, no its not a replacement of any of toyota's line up, rather its a test of how the pub would react to certan things... take a look in japan, the cars like the Xa and the Xb (micro Vans ) Have been huge! HUGE! and now we are starting to get into it, its funny how much we are walking in the Asian's wake...

persionally, i'm fucked.. i would GLADLY take ANY of those cars ( out of the wopping 3 models ), but toyota has basically said that because of the demand that they where not expecting they are not going to start selling the cars in canada...... >:E

anyway, 2am... sleep time. :)

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm looking at a tc (the coupe) with the optional supercharger. Going to the dealership tomorrow to take a looksie.

I will be looking for pre-owned (or last years model) though, because buying a brand new car is like flushing money down the toilet....although, these things aren't very expensive to begin with...

Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ive driven a JCB fast trac... twice :ninja:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 05:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the TRD super is nice, but i would rather go with an aftermarket Turbo silution..

great little cars from what ive seen/read/heard... i just havent got to see any of them ( except at the car show.. w0w )

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 08:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey i went to a car show today as well, in philly though.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 08:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

guy i work with waited 3 months to get one of those only to wreck it 250 miles later. airbags didn't open either so he's in no hurry to get another...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heh, that is kinda a shitty situation on both events..

Toyota wasent expecting the demand and still havent compensated for the load on the asssembly plants.. kinda heart breaking.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm considering getting one...but, the problem is you are only finding new ones right now, and regardless of what car you buy, getting a brand new model is like flushing money down the shitter.

Plus, although we don't have kids ATM, kids and a 2-door coupe are a real pain in the ass.

THey don't quite have the guts under the hood I want (160 hp), but I could always add the supercharger afterwards to boost it to 200 hp. And the supercharger will be covered by the factory warranty.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 05:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If the car is too small, you can't find one for a price you're willing to pay and it's not got the HP's, why are you still interested in buying one? Sounds to me like you made plenty of valid points not to buy one.

Just curious....

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 05:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not too small for me now, and we have another car that would be fine for the kids. I took a test drive and they were by no means gutless as is. I like the looks of them, and compared to my old Talon that I had before my Subaru, the back seats are much roomier.

As for the price, they aren't that much even new - the base models start at about 16,500, and that includes some nice features like dual sunroofs, 17" alloy wheels, etc. The only real issue I am dealing with about it right now is whether or not I should just wait a few more months to see if any start coming back so I could look at pre-owned, but in that case I don't think the price difference between the pre-owned and new would be enough for me to choose pre-owned over new.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.