Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Well hell may be freezing over (workout)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Well hell may be freezing over (workout)

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

started muay thai again while my fucked up hip is healing. Powerlifting competition in early 2016 so as long as I'm healed for that I'm good

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 08:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
xer0s wrote:
Your scale doesn't calculate body fat? lol poor people...

Of course it does dipshit... And co2 levels in air.. If it's raining... Heart rate... Etc... It's a fucking internet scale dumbo...

No it doesn't...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it does... It's a withings... Which I don't recommend... Buggy...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 09:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't afford a Seca? Understandable...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never heard of it... Scales don't interest me...

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 04:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
started muay thai again while my fucked up hip is healing. Powerlifting competition in early 2016 so as long as I'm healed for that I'm good

what did you do to the hip?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 05:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Prolly tried to lift more than his tiny legs can manage...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 06:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
It's real and u can't handle it... Hence the jellusy... :olo: ...

No it's not and you're tiny, hence the bullshit. :olo:

PostPosted: 06-23-2015 09:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
feedback wrote:

what did you do to the hip?

Overuse injury from squatting wide too often. It was a slow build-up over the last 3 months until finally going to depth just feels horrible on my adductors. Major pain in my right hip/quad insertion when I adduct the knee.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 12:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I could start over again, I wouldn't do a single squat. There's no anatomical benefit to them that outweighs the cumulative damage they cause over the course of a decade.

PostPosted: 06-24-2015 02:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're not the first person to say that. I think some people have hips that just don't work with frequent squats

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Definitely. Two things that seem to fuck people's hips: squats and wrestling. Great if you get paid to squat or wrestle, shit if you plan on being pain free and mobile when you're 60.

I stick to the leg press now, and very occasionally some front squats, but never higher than a couple of hundred pounds.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 07:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
If I could start over again, I wouldn't do a single squat. There's no anatomical benefit to them that outweighs the cumulative damage they cause over the course of a decade.

Lol fucking idiot... It's the single best exercise there is... If ur causing damage to yourself ur either doing it wrong or ur midget ego is causing u to use too much weight... I bet u got tiny legs just like douglas...Grow up...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 07:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My legs are much smaller than they were, they were 29.5 inches at their biggest, which is around the same as an IFBB pro. They're 25 or less now. I'll dig out a picture of them in a sec, I have a grainy as shit phone picture.

I don't agree that it's the best exercise. It's a great mass builder for the legs, but down the line, the payoff just isn't worth it. You get big quads, which massively fucks with your ability to wear suits or fashionable clothes, and it's just not possible to have perfect form for every rep. Or even if you could, there's always those days where [LOL RACISM] injuries might have pulled something out of alignment, which is then an issue of biomechanics, which means your form is irrelevant.

There is nothing in a squat that can't be replicated in the leg press, lunge, and partial deadlift.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 07:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't find the picture, but this is them as of ten minutes ago.

Not particularly big, but still pretty aesthetic, considering I barely train legs.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with sys0p. I don't do squats either. My body proportions just aren't built for them.

For legs I do single leg press, V-Squat, leg curls and leg extensions, as well as calf raises. Works fine, weights are increasing and my knees don't hurt anymore. Also much easier on my lower back so I can deadlift more.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

I barely train legs.

Yeah no shit... :olo: ...

Besides ur hilariously small calves... Ur quads are prolly smaller than my calves... Pathetic... :olo: ...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
They're 25 or less now

Less... Way less... U say ur 5'7"(total bullshit).... Even at that there's no way those tiny things approach 25"... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chill out a little, mate, you don't have to act in this insane fashion continuously, we're all just a bunch of strangers who like lifting weights. Try and make a connection.

My calves are actually pretty big. I have low insertions. You can see they're big from the picture.

Think about this: would I lie about being 5'7 if I was smaller? Wouldn't I just lie and say I was 6' or something? Doesn't make any sense. If I really cared about my height, would I have ever "admitted" it in the first place?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With your admitted violent offender convictions and your admitted small stature, do you think there could have been a correlation between the two resulting in what is known as "little man syndrome" (also known as the Napoleon complex)?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If that were the case, then I'd have been average height in prison, but it's pretty much the same on the wings as it is in the street.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 11:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Chill out a little, mate, you don't have to act in this insane fashion continuously, we're all just a bunch of strangers who like lifting weights. Try and make a connection.

I'm calm, twice your size and not into homosexuals...

syp0s wrote:
My calves are actually pretty big. I have low insertions. You can see they're big from the picture.

No they're not... Insert this moron...

syp0s wrote:
Think about this: would I lie about being 5'7 if I was smaller? Wouldn't I just lie and say I was 6' or something? Doesn't make any sense. If I really cared about my height, would I have ever "admitted" it in the first place?

Cuz it wouldn't fly. You look short... Closer to 5' than to 6'. No one would believe that lie and you know it. But add 3-6 inches and maybe u could get away with it. But it's pretty obvious it shorter than 5'7"... Chump :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 11:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So how tall do you think I am? Spit a number out and I'll just accept that as my height. After that, can we share some personal information about ourselves?

I know you're dying to be normal, Geoff, this isn't fun for you. Your constant negativity cannot be good for you. I

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ur dying to be normal in height so u do steroids to compensate... It's pretty pathetic... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff, have you ever thought of getting a punchbag or going to a boxing gym a couple of times a week?

I promise you it'll be more fulfilling than this. You could hit the pads there and then come on here and be normal.

I know you're dying to be normal, Geoff, it's OK. Forget the smilies and the insults, just take a breather and share something.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The ex con, short, steroid using narcissist projecting his abnormalities onto me... Classic... :olo: ...

Nothing is normal about u... And in bad ways across the board....

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 12:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Honestly, I think you'd really benefit from it. You're probably a funny guy in real life, it just strikes me as odd that you'd post on here with the sole purpose of trying to make people feel bad about themselves. You spend an inordinate amount of time trying to convince me that I'm just completely evil, but I'm just a normal dude who has got a bit tired of going back and forth with you.

Let's just be friends and interact positively.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 12:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, you still haven't told me how tall you think I am.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It sounds like sys0p is about to cry... Do u need me to stop so u will be okay? Sorry chump... I'm unstoppable... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You don't have to do this, Geoff, you CAN be normal. We're here for you, buddy. Open up and share something.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not doing anything. Ur being an abnormal pussy ass cry baby. Grow the fuck up... Oh wait... :olo: ...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 12:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ey do you walk springily on your toes ?

when i was a kid i was always on my toes, now i clomp around when i can .

my calves are fairly big tho

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 01:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 01:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why does Geoff seem like he's frothing at the mouth every time he responds to sys0p?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh come on xeros nothing makes sense to you lol

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.