Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Real Beer Advocates, Unite............

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Real Beer Advocates, Unite............

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-24-2016 01:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Reliving my younger years I guess. After a few they were getting a little too sweet :smirk:

So sweet I gave up drinking that mix...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-24-2016 12:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found a pub in the town i live in now that has the best Guinness ive tasted outside of Dublin. Thats a big deal because i've drank that all over the world.

http://www.historicalhostelries.co.uk/000013.html

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-18-2016 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This one is certainly a bit odd.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-18-2016 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol daughters beer purchasing skills... Out of rum... Guess I'll drink this...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Recently I have got to like the taste of the New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc wines. I have been buying these in preference to any others in the recent weeks.

I would hope they are available where you are and while they might be a little more expensive than your local drops, I suggest sample some if you get the chance :up:

FYI - http://www.wine-marlborough.co.nz/

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 10:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Recently I have got to like the taste of the New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc wines. I have been buying these in preference to any others in the recent weeks.

I would hope they are available where you are and while they might be a little more expensive than your local drops, I suggest sample some if you get the chance :up:

FYI - http://www.wine-marlborough.co.nz/

Gawd. I ran a little on the dry yesterday on the Sauvignon Blanc wine I allay shave to hand (hot weather I guess... ) and had to raid the cupboard .... just had to taste Midori and lemonade again, lots of ice naturally but it is Summer here :D

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you drink "beer"?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Do you drink "beer"?

Short answer, yes.

You probably haven't heard of XXXX, pronounced Fourex where you're at but it is an Aussie and to be fair, a Queensland favourite. I usually like the Hahn Brewing range too. I will add if I go out and order a "beer" it will usually be a 'crownie' - Carlton Crown Lager and I usually get a slab of these at Christmas. A very nice drop.
So yes I drink beer.

For your reading pleasure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlemaine_XXXX
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hahn_Brewery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Lager

and for the Aussie slang term slab
http://alldownunder.com/australian-slan ... s-beer.htm

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 06:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
I found a pub in the town i live in now that has the best Guinness ive tasted outside of Dublin. Thats a big deal because i've drank that all over the world.

http://www.historicalhostelries.co.uk/000013.html

great

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-16-2017 03:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Lol daughters beer purchasing skills... Out of rum... Guess I'll drink this...

do you even pour?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-16-2017 03:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

(we know you poor)

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-16-2017 05:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ha

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-19-2017 10:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Try Hendricks whiskey!

Got some for my birthday :p

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-19-2017 11:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Try Hendricks whiskey!

Lady Carlos likes a Hendricks
She actually has quite the selection; Plymouth Sloe, Martin Millers, Bathtub Sloe, Monkey 47, Sipsmiths Sloe and something else I cant remember the name of.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-20-2017 01:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The darks (Dunkel-brown) by Unertl:
http://www.unertl.de/unser-bier.html
Catastrophic name, even in German, but the beer is off this world. Especially the darker ones. "Unertl Weisser Bock"... nothing comes close from my experience.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-21-2017 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Try Hendricks whiskey!

Tastes rather special with a subtle aroma too. Nice indeed :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-10-2017 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just discovered a rather nice "The Ned".
It is a New Zealand Marlborough wine - Sauvignon Blanc.
Rather nice :up:

Clicky

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-17-2017 11:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"The Ned" is a really nice drop if you can get your hands on it :smirk: where you're at....A Sauvignon Blanc and New Zealand Marlborough area wine. I still enjoy but I found another pleasant wine a few days ago. Jacob's Creek label and a Australian wine for a change (I did think I was hooked on the NZ stuff). Rather nice :up:

Clicky

Again, if you can get your hands on some :up: :up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-08-2017 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New beer on tap...

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. Scores a 4.2 out of 5 on beer advocates.com.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 12:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4.6 if you buy the plastic handle, surely?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 06:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Things would surely be better for you without all that bitterness.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 12:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You remind me of Peter Griffin.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably because you're an idiot.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 12-10-2017 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Things would surely be better for you without all that bitterness.

Pot meet kettle.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-10-2017 04:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Calm down Randy.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 12-10-2017 06:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not beer, but what I'm drinking tonight.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 12-10-2017 09:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Calm down Randy.

Here's an idea. Why don't you continue to post every time you take your bike out of the garage and put a few miles on it. And I'll continue to post ahhh..... whenever.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-14-2018 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Picked up some "funky" beers. A 13.3% Barley wine, a 6.4% PB&J Brown Ale and a 10% Imperial Stout.

Ever had the cookies? Did you like them? Well if so, you'll love this.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-15-2018 04:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you ever had Apple Pie Moonshine? Well this Barley Wine is petty close and at 13.3% ABV it'll mess you up just like it.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-17-2018 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This 6% Brown Ale certainly lives up to it's claim. It still doesn't seem real. But this beer starts off with a malty peanut butter taste and finishes down the back of your tongue like a fruity jelly. PB&J indeed.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 05-27-2018 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dogfish head 120 Minute IPA (18% ABV for Gramps)

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 06-03-2018 10:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So the Mrs. and I have a... moderate... alcohol dependency. We did the dry month thing successfully in April but nevertheless I can't shake the feeling that no amount of 'proving I'm not addicted' is ever gonna dissuade cancer.

STILL. NZ is in full swing with it's craft beer revolution which has been going (in Wellington) for about a decade now. Auckland not so much, has only caught on there in the last three years or so. I'm planning to ride this wave to it's grave because it's producing some real gems.

Tonight's binge:

Was on a dark/stout thing for a while but have swung back firmly towards the man-titty-inducing hops.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-04-2018 04:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A couple of really good beers you must try if you like porters and stouts.

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 06-04-2018 04:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jumped ship on Ale's/craft brews some time back. Appox when I posed my first Single malt, 18 Year old Laphroaig. Damm tasty but sadly was discontinued. I read it will be available again in a year or two. (shrugs)

My most favorite of any Scotch I have tried, and that number is growing, 57 so far. Really loving my Scotch whisky journey.

Kind of pricey, $190 around my area, hard to get also, but so dammed worth it.

While it is only 8 years old, this Bruichladdich release is a monster.
They make three other Octomores which I have not had the pleasure to experience/acquire.

I decided it was high time at my age to explore and experience what the Whisky world had to offer. Specifically Single Malt Scotch. I'm so glad I took up this journey, as it has been very interesting from all the Areas and types of Scotch that exist.

Happy drinking Friends of Q3 World. :up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-04-2018 05:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mmmm, love scotch.

I have a Glenmorangie 18 in the cabinet along with my favorite cheap Glenlevit 12. :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.