Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Real Beer Advocates, Unite............

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Real Beer Advocates, Unite............

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 11-29-2008 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's winter time, which means the time of year for the best of the best to release their particular styles that will impress/impede our minds.

If you are not a beer/Ale drinker..... then you should skip this thread and go bitch about how scared? you are about your life..... and stuff.

New to me.... but possibly not to those living in the St. Louis area.........

Schlafly Reserve Barley wine Style Ale

I've had many types of this, some that made me go wtf? and poured it out to others that made me go, yea, this is what brewing Ales is about.

This is one of them.

Limited to a short release date, if you can get a bottle, well worth the time to experience the flavors it beholds.

I only make these style's of posts to give heads up to exceptional beers/Ales.... This is one of them. It drinks like a fine wine. It has tunes from a Cognac. This is a sipper and and not a guzzler.

If you can get a bottle, enjoy and be happy.

Oh, and don't mind the cum filled keyboard. It needs replacing.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 11-29-2008 09:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In before Randy.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-29-2008 10:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ForM wrote:
Oh, and don't mind the cum filled keyboard. It needs replacing.

:olo: :olo:

It is summer here ForM :D but I will take your advice, next time I am at the bottle'O I'll take a gander and pick me up some of this Barley Wine Style Ale stuff :up:
Cheers mate :D

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-30-2008 09:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Emmm Beer.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-30-2008 03:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/thread

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 11-30-2008 03:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol at Stella.

i havn't really been exploring the holiday season brews this year. I had a special release Duck Island beer that was a stout aged in whiskey barrels or something. awesome beer except for the fact that it left an aftertaste like whoppers. i hate whoppers.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-30-2008 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One of my current favs:

This stuff is good too:

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 11-30-2008 04:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
/thread

lol
:rolleyes:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-30-2008 07:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Most noteworthy new beer I've tried was the Innis and Gunn Limited Edition IPA. This is a spendy beer, comes in a nice box, and has been aged in oak barrels, like the old Ballantine IPA. It has a crisp, refreshing taste, and the oak flavour comes out pretty noticeably.

Otherwise, I'm drinking my usual fare from Tree Brewing in Kelowna, and Philips from Victoria. I <3 overhopped IPAs.

Last edited by Bilirubin on 11-30-2008 08:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 11-30-2008 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i still like New Belgium's "2 Below" but got a nice pale recently called "Blind Salamander" (brewed in Fort Worth?). Great stuff.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-30-2008 09:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

/thread

that your bottle ?

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 09:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm diggin' Bombardier and Granville Island Winter Ale lately:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea stu those whoppers have areal distict tasteey

i had a beer that was hamburgery too b4 imentioned it in last years beerthread i cant remember thebrandoff hand

mazda wherer do u eat where they serve you a chipped up dirty old bowl wtf

ididnt like stella btw :(maybe it was a bad batch dunno

i been drinking big rock apple ciders recently but the quality has dropped waaayyy of latly iwonderif they switched to apple concintratefrom china like the minite made juices

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

/thread

Gawd, no.
Did you just start drinking this week?

Have some real beer:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, haters.

More real beer:

Anyone tried Alexander Keith's red amber ale yet?

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's more like it. A good staple :up:

On the subject of winter ales, any of the Sam Adams seasonals (Holiday Porter, Winter Ale, and Old Fezziwig Ale) are a good, safe bet.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 02:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol at mazda being unable to tell the difference between beer, lager and stout.

what a virgin BRB COPZ

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do try to keep your bitterness in the Void.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 07:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just polished off a bottle of Chimay.

:olo: :paranoid:

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Love the Grand Reserve, but not the other two. But I will drink them too.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 12-03-2008 10:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was a bottle of Premiere (Red). I've got a bottle of the Grande Reserve, too, but I'm saving that for another time.

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 12-03-2008 06:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I fucking love this stuff

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brakspear Oxford Gold

organic, 4.6%, delicious.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 01:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shropshire Lad ftw

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 02:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My last trip to the store looked like this:

I'll have to check out the one you mentioned Form...The only Barleywine style I've tried was TERRIBLE, http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/bigfoot.html

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lovely stuff

Also Leffe (Blond or Brun)... or Hoegaarden.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 02:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:

I'll have to check out the one you mentioned Form...The only Barleywine style I've tried was TERRIBLE, http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/bigfoot.html

Tried that stuff on tap at The Flying Saucer recently, sooooooo fucking good. All I have in the fridge are Guinness and Smithwick's atm. I'll muddle through somehow.

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 02:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I need to make a special trip to get some beer I've not tried before :)

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The beer in my fridge presently. There is also a John By Imperial Stout, which I have never tried before.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 04:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the best beer in new zealand atm is green man http://www.greenmanbrewery.co.nz/
its a really good organic beer, soooo good.. if not a little pricey

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cheers.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 05:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice choice on the Chimay :up:

I'm drinking one of these in celebration of the end of the Bush era:

New Belgium Brewery is ok -- nothing special -- but their 1554 is great. It's the closest thing I've yet found to what is probably my favorite beer:
Köstritzer Swartzbier:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:

Close to my ideal trip. I'd sub in Bell's Amber (admitting I've not tried the brown) and Stone's Ruination IPA (simply the best beer on the planet).

Unless you count Grimbergen, which is sooooo good, even if its a Belgian ale (I prefer English descended fare).

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 09:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My beer fridge currently is a sample pack from Wild Rose (am having a Brown Ale at the mo) and the glorious McAuslan's Oatmeal Stout.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-20-2009 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

werldhed wrote:
Nice choice on the Chimay :up:

I'm drinking one of these in celebration of the end of the Bush era:

New Belgium Brewery is ok -- nothing special -- but their 1554 is great. It's the closest thing I've yet found to what is probably my favorite beer:
Köstritzer Swartzbier:

Is that Kostritzer for the beginning of the black Bush era? ;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.