Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Left 4 Dead Survival pack released..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Left 4 Dead Survival pack released..

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 04:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

direct 360 download link;

http://marketplace.xbox.com/games/media ... ajorNelson

pc players, get it off steam later today.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 04:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yay!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 08:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PC gets it last? gay.

i wonder when its actually going to be up for download.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 08:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*its on the same day*
nerdrage sometimes, really :dork:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:cry:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe Valve operates at GMT-7, so it's lunch time for them right now. Ommnomnomnom.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cmon valve, where's my patch!

Oh well i guess i'll catch up on Lost then...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

9pm EST

EDIT: nvm, it's downloading now. 6pm EST here.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[-]April 21, 2009 - L4D PC DLC Out Now

The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack is now available for the PC and Xbox 360, free of charge to all owners of the game. The full change list for the PC release is below. In addition, both the retail and Steam versions of the game (PC and 360) are now available for a special price. Check Steam and local retailers for pricing details. For more information about L4D, please visit http://www.l4d.com

Survival Mode

New gameplay Mode

16 maps including Last Stand

Leaderboards

7 new achievements

Versus Changes

Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed

Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated

Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor

Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer

Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key

Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale

Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time

Removed convars related to melee fatigue

Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map

Server Changes

Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats

Add a message when queuing a heartbeat

Simplified setting of game mode

Removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode

Added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]

General

Added lobby join and leave messages

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 03:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

16 maps including Last Stand

:olo:

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 06:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
I believe Valve operates at GMT-7, so it's lunch time for them right now. Ommnomnomnom.

Skip lunch! Werk hard! If not Jap! - potsc

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-21-2009 11:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

live.xbox doesnt say anything about new achieves. boo and also hoo

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-22-2009 03:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Played some survivor mode last night, seemed solid fun. Especially the lighthouse map.
Can't wait to try the new campaign that is sure to follow :ninja:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-22-2009 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any way of checking out the stats on the best time of the longest survival run for each map?

Survival is pretty fun, campaign mode on expert was getting too easy.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-22-2009 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there are some lovely pounces on dear air and death toll

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 01:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

does anyone have the direct download link for PC so i can download it from the office and not this horrible 3G connection?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 07:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not just the melee fatigue that bothers me, every time someone gets jumped by a hunter, anyone standing next to him gets knocked 3 feet back and can't shoot, melee or move for a few seconds.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was playing it with some (decent) friends last night and we got 12 minutes on the lighthouse on our third attempt. It's quite a rush and requires very different tactics to the other gametypes, which keeps things interesting... at least short term. Most maps we were able to get gold on our first try. I think once i've achieved gold on all the maps, I probably won't play the gametype much after. Versus is still where the action is.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh playing survivor with pubs is impossible. You absolutely 101% need voice comms for that gametype, so that the team can communicate which direction the tank is coming from to concentrate fire on.

I can see why didn't allow other human players to be infected in survivor mode. Games would last about 30 seconds with a capable team.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 12:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We need to get a Q3W survivor night going.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we need some q3w vs going on :).

Aside from wow there hasn't been another multiplayer game that's held my attention this much since q3

ouF!
ouF!
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeh need some vs =p

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
It's not just the melee fatigue that bothers me, every time someone gets jumped by a hunter, anyone standing next to him gets knocked 3 feet back and can't shoot, melee or move for a few seconds.

Yeah what the fuck's with that? Is that just for the survivor gametype?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-24-2009 12:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[-]April 23, 2009 - Left 4 Dead Update Released

Updates to Left 4 Dead have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Survival Mode Changes

Darkened the Lighthouse background movie and increased the contrast with the user interface elements

Chapter selection is now available when creating a Survival lobby

Single player coop now works correctly after playing Survival online

The correct game mode will be set when playing back a demo

Changed holdout server spew to be development only

Stats are no longer updated while viewing a demo

Correctly update the leaderboard based on the player's personal time, not the team best time

Show the player's best time in the scoreboard

Removed Survival exploits from The Terminal, Last Stand, The Crane, The Boathouse and The Warehouse

Fixed tanks sometimes not spawning after 15-20 minutes

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 04-24-2009 02:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
obsidian wrote:

Yeah what the fuck's with that? Is that just for the survivor gametype?

yeah, just for survivor i believe. it's to balance things out a bit, because hunter pounces can easily be melee'd off and everyone stays close together in survivor mode. the extra fatigue makes things a little harder, especially if a tank is coming.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-24-2009 05:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's the same in versus though right? Though in survivor mode the effect seems to last something like a full second longer and the knockback is much greater :\

And hmm, i hadn't though about the melee fatigue like that, maybe you have a point...

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 04-24-2009 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, basically greater knockback and extra recovery time for those in the splash radius. it was quite a shock (if you pardon the pun) at first, but you get used to it and it makes sense for that particular gametype.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-24-2009 06:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was borrowing a buddy's copy of L4D, but he took it back last week before this update. Brutal timing. Just by reading that update list I can't tell if it's worth splurging for my own copy...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.