Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last live concert you attended...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: The last live concert you attended...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-02-2009 11:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Much along the lines of the - Topic: The last movie you saw

Tell us of your recent concert experience. Add URLs/WWWs for those groups that we might not have heard of please :D

I went to an Air Supply concert last night and was truly impressed.

It has been 30+ years and they are still about. Graham Russell and Russell Hitchcock did a fantastic job on stage.

Even a grandson was bought up to share the light. Both even ventured through into the crowd towards the end of the show, mixing it with the fans. Something you just don't see these days. So funny too, to see their minders/security using torches too so they could see around.

Just great to experience. Drummer, lead guitar, bass guitar and piano/keyboard well played, no excellent.

Truly impressed this old fart :sly: :up:

Get a chance, see 'em

Wiki Clicky Their WWW

Got to give this a 9/10

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 05-03-2009 01:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 08:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last gig I saw was Shooglenifty quite afew months ago... unlikely to be well known but randomly my parents saw them play at a St. Andrews dinner in Kuala Lumpur nearly 15 years ago... small world.

Interesting music to see live, Angus Grant and Luke Plumb are pretty phenomenal musicians. Great atmosphere and the audience were buzzing by the end :p

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 08:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NIN in Cleveland.
Video I took:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExcqbelJ7iI
(others avail too)

I'll be seeing them again at the end of May for the farewell tour. Meet 'n' greet w/ the band, but I'm not sure if it is a full backstage pass or not.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I went to an Air Supply concert last night and was truly impressed.

lol moron...

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pantera at Tarrant County Coliseum. New Years Eve 1995. Had a blast.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heart -- 1981 :(

it was a big deal for the small town of Timmins Ontario and the first time i smoked a $2 joint

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saw spiral beach playing here in toronto at the horseshoe tavern - didn't even realize i was going to be seeing a concert until a friend texted me while i was biking down to meet them. Had never heard of any of the bands, but this one stuck out.

this was one of my fav's playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGtZ5pX1 ... re=related

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saw a ludacris concert in LA a couple years ago

don't be hatin'

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ben Folds at Stubb's in Austin - Nov 2006?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 04:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've never been to a big gig, how sad is that :(. The last band I saw however, I think, were these (friends of a friend of mines brother) outside a pub...

I swear the intro to 'Nothing Wakes You' is based on Angie by The Rolling Stones.. and Small Town is definitely Iron Maiden.

Señor Shambler
Señor Shambler
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 06:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

-

Last edited by Kaz on 03-25-2013 06:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menkent wrote:

i fucked a few whores i brought back home from that place back in the day...jellus?...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 08:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Micheal Jacksons '84 Victory Tour. Mile High Stadium, Denver Co.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 09:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gogol Bordello 2007

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 09:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last one was a local band called Mordekai. Going to see Testament tomorrow night though. Classic thrash ftw!

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 05-03-2009 11:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Afro Moses November '08.

Scourge wrote:
Pantera at Tarrant County Coliseum. New Years Eve 1995. Had a blast.

lol bogans...

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 05-04-2009 01:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
NIN in Cleveland.
Video I took:
(others avail too)

I'll be seeing them again at the end of May for the farewell tour. Meet 'n' greet w/ the band, but I'm not sure if it is a full backstage pass or not.

NIN/JA tour? if so i'm completely jealous. they announced a local stop for the lights in the sky tour last minute so i got to see that but so far it looks like the closest tour location for NIN/JA will be a 6 hour drive. as much as i'd love to see nin and janes addiction together i don't feel it's worth 12 hours of driving...

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 05-04-2009 02:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grandpa Stu wrote:
Fender wrote:
NIN in Cleveland.
Video I took:
(others avail too)

NIN/JA tour? if so i'm completely jealous. they announced a local stop for the lights in the sky tour last minute so i got to see that but so far it looks like the closest tour location for NIN/JA will be a 6 hour drive. as much as i'd love to see nin and janes addiction together i don't feel it's worth 12 hours of driving...

Yeah, NIN/JA. A buddy at work found one of the postcards that Trent hid around the country and used Google Earth for a scavenger hunt. He got an email from the band a few weeks ago. He's got 3 tickets for any show on this tour he wants, plus some sort of meet and greet. Considering that only 9 postcards were found and that means 27 people total are getting this treatment, I'm hoping there's something more than just a simple meet and greet.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 05-04-2009 05:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice Whiskey

this song allways remindsmy loins of my first girlfriends!

i was a metelhead at the time but i was around alot of light adult contemp

the times yea awesome and awesome tune

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 05-04-2009 05:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rage Against the Machine, Sept. 3, 2008

The next live concert I'll see is the Minnesota Orchestra playing Schumann's Overture to Manfred, Shostakovich's Cello Concerto No.1, and Dvorak's Symphony No. 9, From the New World.

I like variety...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-04-2009 05:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you like variety, yet to go to a ratm concert.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 05-04-2009 06:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
menkent wrote:

i fucked a few whores i brought back home from that place back in the day...jellus?...

i saw a few whores there that were old enough for you to have fucked back in the day - so no, not really. :down:
edit: oh, if we're counting classical music i went to beethoven last summer - 8th and 9th symphonies?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-04-2009 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^fag...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-04-2009 07:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The last concerts in recent memory:

Incubus
Steve Miller
Rob Zombie
The Who
Clutch

And the most recent was Tool. Perhaps the best show I've ever seen...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-04-2009 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

best show i ever saw? kyuss at the backroom in austin...only about 100-200 ppl in the room...lol at morons who didn't know who kyuss was back in the day...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-05-2009 11:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last concert I went to was Porcupine Tree in Tilburg, Netherlands. I'm going to see them again somewhere in October I think, in Amsterdam. I'm also going to The Mars Volta in July and Anouk (a Dutch singer) in July as well.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-06-2009 12:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rammstein at the Forum in Copenhagen back in 06 (I think). A small venue and a terrific show.

Holy fuckin double flame throwers, Batman.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-06-2009 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went to see some mates of mine who did a gig on one of the festivals yesterday. And then i saw a lot of other stuff, most of which was not so good and i cannot really remember.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-06-2009 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ben Harper

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-06-2009 04:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fleetwood Mac at the Fleet Center - they truly sucked. Still can't hear.

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 05-06-2009 05:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wayne Shorter

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-06-2009 08:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

B.B. King last month at the Fox Theater in Oakland. Amazing man, great singer and fantastic guitar player, even in his eighties.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 05-06-2009 08:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Rammstein at the Forum in Copenhagen back in 06 (I think). A small venue and a terrific show.

Holy fuckin double flame throwers, Batman.

Holy fuckin fake jizz on the crowd, Robin.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 05-13-2009 07:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
Considering that only 9 postcards were found and that means 27 people total are getting this treatment, I'm hoping there's something more than just a simple meet and greet.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/v ... 07#1778807

Surrylda wrote:
I'm dead tired. I'll go ahead and break down the experience either after work, or first thing tomorrow but -

I did get to meet every one of NIN - everyone was GREAT

It was not an organized meet and greet sort of thing. Your passes will give you access to everything but the dressing rooms and the catering area.

Fucking awesome awesome gift. THANK YOU TRENT!!!!!!!!

Ok, off to work.

Ok, I'm really looking forward to this now. :up:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 05-13-2009 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

duffman i miss ur postings man come back!!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.