Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What are you listening to

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What are you listening to

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 09-21-2009 04:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turisas - all their albums
Tyr - By the light of the northern star

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-21-2009 05:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lamb of God - We Die Alone

The way the lead interplays with the rhythm at the end is fucking ace :up:

Knight of the Sad Countenance
PostPosted: 09-21-2009 09:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rusholme Ruffians- The Smiths...Live in Madrid.

A lot of people would say it's a bad idea, on your first day out of prison, to go right back to stalking the tranny hooker that knocked out five of your teeth. But that's how I roll..

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 09-24-2009 10:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Beautiful :tear:

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 09-25-2009 10:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New Five Finger Death Punch is fucking awesome

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 09-26-2009 06:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KMFDM - Blitz. Its a pretty decent album.

PostPosted: 09-26-2009 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My Drug Hell- Girl at the Bus Stop

A lot of people would say it's a bad idea, on your first day out of prison, to go right back to stalking the tranny hooker that knocked out five of your teeth. But that's how I roll..

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-27-2009 09:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
holy fuck...

Pretty cool - but the percussion seems programmed in that track?

Brain Drill - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXqSa7_5pSs&feature=relatedThese guys are a pretty mental also but a human drummer (I think its the same guy from Decrepit Birth)

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 09-28-2009 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

urgrund777 wrote:
bitWISE wrote:
holy fuck...

Pretty cool - but the percussion seems programmed in that track?

Brain Drill - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXqSa7_5pSs&feature=relatedThese guys are a pretty mental also but a human drummer (I think its the same guy from Decrepit Birth)

Yea, it definitely sounds like a trigger.

Not a huge fan of that song but Gorification wasn't bad.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-28-2009 09:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Faint - The Geeks Were Right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF297rN_ ... PL&index=2

Shitty video, but I like the song. I just wish it was longer than 3 minutes. :shrug:
It's part of some more recent DLC in GH5's music store.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 09-28-2009 12:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good link. The Faint seem to be pretty awesome.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-28-2009 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Their first album is pretty bad IMO, and their second album is a bit meh. But the third, and particularly ther most recent, albums are both great.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 09-28-2009 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To all you Floyd fans: do you ever listen to Obscured By Clouds?

I heard it for the first time I think 10 or 12 years ago and couldn't believe it was Pink Floyd. I still enjoy listening to Free Four, Wots uh the Deal and The Gold it's in the Hills every now and then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0gEa20Wsqg

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-29-2009 07:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Flight of Icarus - Iron Maiden

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-30-2009 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone got the new Alice in Chains album?I'd like to hear the new stuff...

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 09-30-2009 06:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
To all you Floyd fans: do you ever listen to Obscured By Clouds?

I heard it for the first time I think 10 or 12 years ago and couldn't believe it was Pink Floyd. I still enjoy listening to Free Four, Wots uh the Deal and The Gold it's in the Hills every now and then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0gEa20Wsqg

I hadn't heard that album. Although, I much prefer this song to the one you linked:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW4gcvUF6BI&fmt=18

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-30-2009 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Three Days Grace - I Hate Everything About You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9K9rM1SVE

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-30-2009 08:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Sunshine Underground - The Chemical Brothers

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 10-01-2009 12:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

quality speakers required. fuckin massive

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 10-01-2009 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Loving this entire album. :up:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 10-05-2009 04:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seeing them live on Thursday :D

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 10-05-2009 02:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Guess I still don't like Slayer. That song sounds worse than their old stuff.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 10-05-2009 02:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
Seeing them live on Thursday :D

Should be a great show. Missed them when they were in Van recently :( Just Slipknot, Ensiferum, and Skinny Puppy left for the rest of this year's concert list.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-05-2009 02:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ensiferum is great, especially their Kalevala-inspired melodies.
Slipknot is rubbish though, I thought only angsty teenage boys listened to that shit.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 10-05-2009 07:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Slipknot is rubbish though, I thought only angsty teenage boys listened to that shit.

Agreed on Ensiferum, although I haven't heard their latest album yet. Only found out today that they put out a new one last month.

As for Slipknot, most metal is angsty and they aren't really more than any other. What they have going for them is that they're a 9 piece band with an amazing stage show and presence from everything I've heard from buddies who have seen them. Their shows are supposedly over the top and have an excellent vibe. Should be a fun and some decent after parties. If you haven't given it a listen yet check out their All Hope is Gone album. I didn't like a lot of their earlier stuff but that album is bloody great IMO.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 10-05-2009 11:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
Guess I still don't like Slayer.

How patently unusual 0o

Tormentius wrote:
As for Slipknot, most metal is angsty and they aren't really more than any other. What they have going for them is that they're a 9 piece band with an amazing stage show and presence from everything I've heard from buddies who have seen them. Their shows are supposedly over the top and have an excellent vibe. Should be a fun and some decent after parties. If you haven't given it a listen yet check out their All Hope is Gone album. I didn't like a lot of their earlier stuff but that album is bloody great IMO.

Agreed, for slightly different reasons. I think the angsty teenagers that like Slipknot because of the gimmickry are silly twits, and similarly people who denounce Slipknot because OMG jumpsuits and masks and 9 people in the band etc aren't doing themselves justice (not saying that you, specifically, are doing this .. just in general). Listen to the music and decide whether you like it or not.

For me, what it comes down to once you take away the masks, the jumpsuits, the 4 extra people (2 extra drummers, sampler, turntables) etc, is that Joey Jordison is a fucking good drummer, their rhythm and cohesion as a band is tight and they write some decent songs. All Hope is Gone was pretty good :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-05-2009 11:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

Agreed on Ensiferum, although I haven't heard their latest album yet. Only found out today that they put out a new one last month.

It's a good album, go check it out when you can.

Tormentius wrote:

I'll take your word for it as I've only heard their older stuff and don't know if they've changed their direction and matured. The whole "FUCK FUCK FUCK YOUR WOUNDS" theme was just plain silly to me when my friends back in high school listened to them.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 10-05-2009 11:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan on 10-06-2009 12:02 AM, edited 5 times in total.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-05-2009 11:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Beatles - Abbey Road Remastered

groovy

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 10-06-2009 05:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:

I actually much prefer their original album to anything else they've done. Vol3 was excellent but in a different way from the first. All Hope is Gone doesn't interest me at all though. It feels like Corey convinced the band their new name was Stone Sour and then they made a bunch of insincere bullshit radio songs. If you like All Hope is Gone, listen to Stone Sour. Much better execution of that style of music.

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

That was rather nice, thanks :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-06-2009 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

That was pretty cool. Now I'm listening to it, too. :)

Señor Shambler
Señor Shambler
PostPosted: 10-06-2009 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
I actually much prefer their original album to anything else they've done. Vol3 was excellent but in a different way from the first. All Hope is Gone doesn't interest me at all though. It feels like Corey convinced the band their new name was Stone Sour and then they made a bunch of insincere bullshit radio songs. If you like All Hope is Gone, listen to Stone Sour. Much better execution of that style of music.

Bingo, the original or iowa, then vol3

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 10-06-2009 08:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

That was pretty cool. Now I'm listening to it, too. :)

The whole album is really good, I'd totally recommend it.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 10-08-2009 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy crap, what a show!

\m/ Megadeth & Slayer \m/

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 10-09-2009 12:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
Holy crap, what a show!

\m/ Megadeth & Slayer \m/

Mustaine must have put on a MUCH better performance than the past couple times he's been here in Vancouver. His last two shows were really lackluster and he just appeared broken and disinterested on stage. Slayer, OTOH, I'm kicking myself even more for missing after reading your post :(

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.