Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What are you listening to

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What are you listening to

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 07-12-2012 09:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Found out about these guys recently. I'm loving it.™

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-12-2012 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
Found out about these guys recently. I'm loving it.™

that is pretty good!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-13-2012 10:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You people heard of The Rocky Horror Picture Show I hope?

If not grab a look :up:

I played through the CD the other day and just heard it on the radio :paranoid: .

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 07-21-2012 07:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-23-2012 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@GFY's InfectedMushrooms:
Often heard the name of these guys but never heard their music. Bomb! :up:
Thx!

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 10:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This new spl release is the filthiest thing I've ever heard that still managed to have some melody.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

chopov wrote:
@GFY's InfectedMushrooms:
Often heard the name of these guys but never heard their music. Bomb! :up:
Thx!

:up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 09:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Madonna :D

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 08-01-2012 07:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-01-2012 08:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watsky

Fucking amazing http://youtu.be/YtQqK7BWq_c

If this kid isn't famous in 2 years from now I'll be very surprised.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-01-2012 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scandinavian artist:

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 08-02-2012 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-02-2012 09:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TruthfulLiar wrote:
Scandinavian artist:

Different for sure...but, yes, perhaps I see the light... then I need sleeeeep
It was listenable but.......

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-03-2012 06:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure if you liked it. But if you, did I recommend their tracks 2 and 3.

Anyone a fan of lyrics? Found this through a facebook ad. Check it. ---v

I lasted 0:44 and then I had to change the channel.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-04-2012 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A. album, sometimes classics are just better left untouched. I love this album, I drive my gf crazy listening to this on repeat while I do the typical Sunday chores (laundry, clean the kitchen, vaccuum, etc)

Glory Days is my favorite because who can't relate to growing up?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-04-2012 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This might be the greatest song ever though :up:

If you're gonna click play on one song this page, trust me, this is it!!!!!!

Dude was in an appliance store and overheard some blue collar workers talk about the lame asses on MTV and wrote a great song about it from the working man's perspective.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-05-2012 08:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HomerJ wrote:

Good song.

:cool:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-06-2012 10:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Roger Hodgson - Take The Long Way Home

:tear:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-08-2012 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quite fond of this band.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-08-2012 03:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Been listening to The Gathering a lot recently. Their new stuff is terrible :down:

You mean the post-Anneke stuff? Not a big fan of it either, but I did dig the last album they did with Anneke. The whole band has been evolving ever since the early days and their sound has evolved with them. The more recent work sounds far more mature (and more interesting to listen to IMO) than the earlier albums like Nighttime Birds or Mandylion, although that is what most people will remember them for.

It's interesting to see where Anneke van Giersbergen went though, with her solo act. It's way more poppy than anything The Gathering has done, but it's still pretty good material. I love the stark contrast between her solo material and what she's been doing with Devin Townsend by the way. Can't wait for his next album, which is going to be Epic (and Loud).

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-08-2012 03:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah, new Steve Vai track released as teaser for his upcoming album:
http://soundcloud.com/favorednations/velorum

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-08-2012 05:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Oh yeah, new Steve Vai track released as teaser for his upcoming album:
http://soundcloud.com/favorednations/velorum

That's great.

http://youtu.be/NmfzWpp0hMc?hd=1

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 08-08-2012 05:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
Quite fond of this band.

Aye. I played the shit out of their first album back in high school along with Staind and Cold.

This new dubstep track is something special. Killer vocals over some great non-brostep beats.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-09-2012 01:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kansas - Portrait (He Knew)

Cool song about Einstein if you feel like nerding out for a few minutes

Everyone knows Kansas for "Dust in the Wind," but they made a lot of other good music. This song is actually off the same album (Point of Know Return, 1977)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-09-2012 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^

Didn't mind that at all HomerJ :up:

I saw the word Kansas and Nutbush City Limits came to mind for reasons that escape me :smirk:

The original perhaps

but then another for your pleasure.

Spicks and Specks was the classic (IMHO) Australian music-themed comedic television quiz show.
wiki

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 02:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone know any other instrumental bands similar to this one or Mogwai?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 02:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of I Will Never Be The Same. They're not an instrumental band, but they have a couple songs you might enjoy:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Psyche911 wrote:

Anyone know any other instrumental bands similar to this one or Mogwai?

These should keep you going :)

U4EA mentioned GY!BE already

Exxasens

God is an Astronaut

sleepmakeswaves

Collapse under the Empire

If These Trees Could Talk

Russian Circles

Stars of the Lid

Explosions in the Sky are one of these best, good choice sir, they and all of the above come under the all encompassing genre of post-rock. I've posted a wide selection and if you like a particular one go browse through the related youtube videos or last.fm for simlar bands. Also A Silver Mount Zion aren't always instrumental and they change their name a lot but they're members of GY!BE and you may like them, (their name's always some variation of Silver Mt Zion) Also Esmerine are a wonderful band and you should listen to them. (again, more members of GY!BE). I've seen most of the above live and GY!BE about three times, it's a completely different experience live.

Finally, if you're into metal at all, try Thy Catafalque or Rosetta. They're post-metal and I don't know a single other person that enjoys them, so don't expect great things.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 10:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 12:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New Faceless album leaked

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks Insensatez. I enjoyed that escape :up:

I recently heard Jets (Paul McCartney) Band on the Run from the 70's
So for your listening pleasure :D

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-16-2012 10:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moonbeam - Cocoon (Original Mix)

Dataworx - Control (Original Mix)

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-26-2012 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.