Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        World of Warcraft questions

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 03:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same her in germany - the most common payment method is the ELV:

you give the company your account data and the permission to withdraw a certain ammount to their accounts.

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 03:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, that's the usual way to pay for stuff here too, but almost all cards are also connected to a credit account like VISA or AmEx

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 03:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's what to expect btw:
http://www.aiaxus.com/wow.html

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 03:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aye. dutcholand has the highest broadbandconnection density, but the lowest cc density (in europe).
thats why the gametime cards is quite a good idea. altough they couldve just used the protocol Pext just said (works here in dutcholand too). would be alot easier than having to go to the store every month

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The consistancy of the quality of the game is quite astounding...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

(not trying to start a contest :) )

[edit] how annoying that it syas html is on yet doesnt werk

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your lousy BB skills nonwithstanding, Guild Wars is definitely the better looking game. BTW, why aren't you partaking in the Beta Event merriment ewe hobo??

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Definitely 2 separate graphical styles there - WOW is far more cartoony...

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/screenshots/screenshot.aspx?ImageIndex=12&Set=0

http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/gwscre ... lery3.html

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
Your lousy BB skills nonwithstanding, Guild Wars is definitely the better looking game. BTW, why aren't you partaking in the Beta Event merriment ewe hobo??

my bb skills rock. the board shouldnt deceive me like that, saying html is allowed only to block it out :E

and im not cause.. uh. i havent thought about it and prolly cause itll take up my whole weekend, resulting in some words with the missus? :D
nah. thats not true. if i had the game i could play whenever i want, but just a weekend feels so rushed and forced et al :o

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LXS wrote:
Definitely 2 separate graphical styles there - WOW is far more cartoony...

truth.
strange since blzzard always makes these dark and tolkienesque cutscenes..

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess so. Hope you'll join us when the game's released.

Pext, I had a look at those screenshots, it's not a bad looking game at all. To be honest, if it weren't for Guild Wars, I'd probably be playing WoW =/

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/gwscreenshots/gallery3.html

http://www.guildwars.com/images/JPG/gws ... 61-lrg.jpg

whoa :icon14:

i love warcraft though :smirk:

btw - is guildwars for free?

if some of you guys are playing there i might give it a try.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You need a beta key to play in the Beta Weekends. You can get that by pre-ordering the game, or from various online sites which are giving out keys in contests and whatnot. Once the game is released, you just have to pay for the game itself but there will be no monthly fees.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
I guess so. Hope you'll join us when the game's released.

Pext, I had a look at those screenshots, it's not a bad looking game at all. To be honest, if it weren't for Guild Wars, I'd probably be playing WoW =/

i most def will
its the monthly fee that drives me away from any MMORPG. that and itemhogging and pvp-foghats.. ;laying the game like its an ffa :A

guildwars seems most refreshing :icon14:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aces :icon14:

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My PC exactly meets the (Blizzard's) minimum requirements to play WoW.
I guess that means it's not worth trying it, right? Just checking.

(I'm pretty sure I shouldn't even start playing WoW because I'll either become addicted or drop it after a week, but everything I hear about it sounds amazing.)

Edit: BTW I probably passed my law exam today, yay. :icon25: :icon25: :icon25:

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
My PC exactly meets the (Blizzard's) minimum requirements to play WoW.
I guess that means it's not worth trying it, right? Just checking.

(I'm pretty sure I shouldn't even start playing WoW because I'll either become addicted or drop it after a week, but everything I hear about it sounds amazing.)

Ran pretty well when i had a shitty old graphics card in my new PC... Now i've got my x800pro in there, its just not worth thinking about :P

Eh, get it, play it for your free (heh) month, if you dont like it, dont subscribe...

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*sigh* - I guess I'll have to.

Edit: There better be a clan Q3W when I join.

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn it I wish they hadn't split the Euro and NA markets. I wouldn't mind playing with you cunts.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 06:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:smirk:

i guess there will possibly be options for international gaming in about half a year. blizzard allready made some statements in this direction - not explicetely though.

the reason for the separation is buisiness stuff i think. if you force all europe players that would have allready joined the us version if possible to wait for the european release, the game makes more of an impact here: sales++.

[edit]huh... i think the grammar is really messed up the in the phrase above...

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 07:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just so people know - i'll be moving over to the Emerald Dream server tonight with a few guys from work. Gonna go for a hoard Mage. If you're about, gimme a shout, the name will, surprisingly, be LXS...

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 10:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Definatly not worth it if you can only play a little bit IMO.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Top game.

Have you done the gryphon ride from Stormwind to Ironforge? Fuck, that's cool.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LXS wrote:
Just so people know - i'll be moving over to the Emerald Dream server tonight with a few guys from work. Gonna go for a hoard Mage. If you're about, gimme a shout, the name will, surprisingly, be LXS...

That PvP? I don't bother with that to be honest.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 10:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
[img]http://www.guildwars.com/images/JPG/gwscreens/gwscreen028-page.jpg[/im]

[img]http://www.guildwars.com/images/JPG/gwscreens/gwscreen065-page.jpg[/im]

(not trying to start a contest :) )

[edit] how annoying that it syas html is on yet doesnt werk

Guild Wars sucks so bad...

It sucked in the older betas and Doomer told me the last beta sucked even more.

Its nothing like WoW tho, 2 completely diff games, GW is just shit.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
LXS wrote:

no... it's normal. but the servers are down ATM. ffs, i might end up doing something productive.

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
Pauly wrote:
LXS wrote:

no... it's normal. but the servers are down ATM. ffs, i might end up doing something productive.

I'm playing this very second - its not PVP as far as i can tell...

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 12:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stoner wrote:
Guild Wars sucks so bad...

It sucked in the older betas and Doomer told me the last beta sucked even more.

Its nothing like WoW tho, 2 completely diff games, GW is just shit.

:icon27:

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone know how you use dye?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's used in recipes - you can't color your cloths directly :/

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah I thought so. Cheers

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.