Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Red Dead Redemption

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Red Dead Redemption

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-24-2010 04:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For someone that has ADD this game is very hard to play. I can't seem to stay on task. :mad:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 05:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i may get a console just or this

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 05:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MP games are a little, MEH

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 06:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've heard that free roam is spoiled by 'tards.
The hazards of xbox Live I suppose.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 07:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or any public online enviroment for that matter :rolleyes:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 07:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's true. But with free roam, the map is so big you can just ride away from the tards. It's a blast IMO...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 07:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tried to get online for a good hour the other day, no dice. Got into a free roam once and then kicked because one of the other players was having issues. Every other time it just kept saying ALERT you are being returned to the free roam but then never loaded...

Servers must be getting raped...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 08:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's weird. I haven't had any problems since the first day it was released...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 09:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sure you playing multi?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 10:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes I'm sure. Not sure though...

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 01:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wat

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what is this i dont even

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 02:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

QUICK SAND MOFO!!!

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 02:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm. I actually starting to get bored with it already. It's quite repetitive.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 03:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Send it my way then dude...I will see if I agree

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 03:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Hmm. I actually starting to get bored with it already. It's quite repetitive.

I've found that Mexico really, REALLY fucking dragged, going on and on and on.
And when I did end up heading north of the river again finally, I was hoping to bump into some of the earlier characters again, but no such luck.
I'm just mopping up the journal challenges now before continuing with the main story, but if I don't manage to finish it before the weekend, I sense that Alpha Protocol may steal my attention away from Red Dead Redemption.
In all, I think it could have done with a little more polish, and some tightening-up of certain story elements, but it's still an excellent game.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 09:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is an excellent game and top marks to Rockstar for making it. I don't really like westerns though, so that might be why I got bored pretty quickly.

Whenever I play it, I can't help thinking how good it would be to have this gameplay in a sci-fi/fantasy setting

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

agreed...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It would definitely be better as a sci-fi, I love that genre. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of westerns, Rockstar pulled it off in RDR pretty well.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 11:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of spaghetti westerns and the voice acting and cut scenes do an excellent job of capturing that essence. Maybe that's why I'm not remotely bored...

guru
guru
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 04:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I'm a big fan of spaghetti westerns and the voice acting and cut scenes do an excellent job of capturing that essence. Maybe that's why I'm not remotely bored...

Yea, me too. The atmosphere and scenery are so good that I'm not even minding the long rides between towns.
And I'm only 40% though the single player campaign at 16 hours into the game. Between this, Alan Wake, and a few other games out soon I should be set until 2011.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 02:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Off-topic I know, but I would just like to add to my earlier comment about Alpha Protocol:
Don't touch this pile of shit.
I'm not usually so condemning of a game, and there might actually be an interesting game in there, but at the moment, it's plagued by technical problems and ridiculously bad game design.
I would currently describe it as "Fuck-awful".

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I got that today. Fuck me, it looks about 5 years old. In fact, I was re-playing Oblivion today and that still looks better than that shit.

First up, checkpoint saves for an RPG is wrong. Especially when they're 20 minutes apart. Cunts.

Secondly, when you kill someone, you leave the body there and it just disapears over time. What a load of shit. If it's stealth then you should have to hide the body. Cunts.

Thirdly, the combat is just wrong. I know it's based on skill points but when you shoot someone 6 times in the face, they shouldn't still come running at you. Cunts.

I could list about 50 points saying what's wrong with this piece of shit, but I won't. JUST DO NOT BUY IT.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 03:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The hacking minigame? Yeah, that's quite possibly the worst piece of game design I've seen in years. With my dodgy right eye, it's confusing and irritating. Needless to say, I can't even get past the first hacking minigame thanks to it being a jumbled mess with an incredibly opaque tutorial (it doesn't help that mouse control is completely doolally in this either).
Avoid at all costs.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apparently it is much worse on the PC. The 360 version had no real glitches or bugs that I could see. It's still shit awful mind.

Jesus the AI is horrendous too.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 04:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat, have you been posting on the official forums per chance?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 10:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, just the one post complaining about the hacking as "Mungrul".
I was also hoping that reviews had just misunderstood the stealth in this game and that it would be a viable option, but nope, it's utter dogshite.

One of the developers has said that you can complete the game without firing a shot. Twat.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 10:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
It is an excellent game and top marks to Rockstar for making it. I don't really like westerns though, so that might be why I got bored pretty quickly.

Whenever I play it, I can't help thinking how good it would be to have this gameplay in a sci-fi/fantasy setting

When the first ridiculously over-artsy pre-ads for Starcraft: Ghost came about what were your thoughts, Pauly?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-29-2010 03:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"this game will never see the light of day".

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 05-29-2010 09:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Underpants? wrote:
Pauly wrote:

When the first ridiculously over-artsy pre-ads for Starcraft: Ghost came about what were your thoughts, Pauly?

I never saw the ads. I don't give a fuck about Starcraft. What's your point?

Mat, Alpha Protocol does get a lot better if you can stick with it. The story is actually pretty good and once you start putting your skills up it gets interesting.

Also, On the 360 the graphics aren't that horrendous.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-29-2010 02:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah Pauly, been playing it all day now. That tutorial is just plain awful though, isn't it? Not the best intro to a game. A bit like Fallout 2's intro in that respect.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-29-2010 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
A bit like Fallout 2's intro in that respect.

You shut your god damned whore mouth!

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-30-2010 04:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh c'mon AmIdY, the temple of trials was a complete shambles. Everyone knows that.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 05-30-2010 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tell you, I am really like Alpha Protocol now. The story is really good. It's kind of like Deus Ex.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-30-2010 11:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so you basically you are saying we should ignore your first opinion.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.