Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        BioShock Infinite

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: BioShock Infinite

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-12-2010 05:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, they went from derelict spacecraft to underwater city [both brilliant environs tbqh], and now they're moving to floating city. Thoughts? I don't think it will have the same constricting, claustrophobic feel of the other two.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38679186/ns ... nce-games/

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-12-2010 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The progression reminds me of the show LOST.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-12-2010 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Derelict spacecraft?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-12-2010 08:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah. Well I didn't play the System Shock series and had no idea what he was referring to.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 08-12-2010 10:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...bioshock is part of the system shock series

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-12-2010 10:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:

It is?

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-13-2010 02:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spiritual successor :clownboat:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-13-2010 02:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:

Well, not exactly, but close enough I guess. Either way, I didn't play any of the System Shock games.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-13-2010 02:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ugh... Three issues...

A) This is a total rip off of Airborn, and its not even hiding the fact, even the style is the same...

2) Its not Bioshock, so its just cashing in on the name... And that pisses me off.

D) Wheres my gorram System Shock sequel you cunts...

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 08-13-2010 05:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i like it

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-13-2010 05:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Ugh... Three issues...

A) This is a total rip off of Airborn, and its not even hiding the fact, even the style is the same...

No.

o'dium wrote:
2) Its not Bioshock, so its just cashing in on the name... And that pisses me off.

No.

o'dium wrote:

No.

Last edited by Eraser on 08-13-2010 06:07 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-13-2010 05:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser, why don't you fuck off back to the Mushroom Kingdom you uneducated little weasel.

Last edited by o'dium on 08-13-2010 06:00 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-13-2010 05:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gavin

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-13-2010 10:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Ugh... Three issues...

A, 2, D?

:tard:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-13-2010 10:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Home Alone classic I am affraid...a Buzz special

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-21-2010 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, another o'dium meltdown.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 09-21-2010 11:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
New 10 minute long vid. And oh, my fucking god. It looks amazing.

does look good :)

will have to get this one for pc, bioshock's the only fps i tried on the xbox and it felt like my character was in a wheelchair.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-21-2010 11:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, it looks awesome. Shut up o'dium.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 12:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
A, 2, D?

:olo: wut... odium you moron

Never played this series of games tbh, keep telling myself i'll get em next time steam has a sale...

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Yes, it looks awesome. Shut up o'dium.

^That.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
New 10 minute long vid. And oh, my fucking god. It looks amazing.

Cooooooooool......

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 01:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Art style looks amazing. If theres one thing you cannot fault Irrational on, it's the beautiful, insanely creative worlds they create.

I do wish they didn't use the Bioshock name though. The game will probably be good enough to stand on it's own, without the need to use Bioshock as a sales insurance policy.

Good stuff though regardless. It's due for 2012, right? Long wait!

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 02:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of the two handed gunplay... don't know why, maybe I'm too oldschool and still think you should choose to be able to be Psy-ops, marine, OR navy, but not all 3.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 09:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't wait to see some ingame stuff... i.e. not that pre-scripted bollocks they just released...

Also while I do dig the art style, it really isn't working for the theme of the game, imo...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 09:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Of course, o'dium.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 10:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its ok Mazda, I know it makes you feel big to take on a random person on the internet. So, put down MSPaint for five seconds, close your Angelina Jolie Google image search, zip up your fly, and answer me this...

They got away with a lot of bad art design in past Bioshock games because of the setting (Dark, moody) and enemies (Fast, hard to spot mutants), and by bad art design, I mean character design, which was terrible from a technical standpoint. Its actually got quite a bad stigma in the modeling scene for its sub par asset work. However in this one, they went for a very strong Pixar look to everything, yet it’s a very strong political focussed game with a lot of blood and violence. A direct confliction.

If you don't agree that the art design directly conflicts the games setting and theme, state WHY. Don't just act like a cunt because you haven't acted on Youtube today, back up your words big man.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My my you're pissy this year. Did you get demoted at the video game store again?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 10:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
My my you're pissy this year. Did you get demoted at the video game store again?

I don't work in retail, Mazda.

Now answer the question, rather than showing yet again its impossible for you to enter an actual conversation with somebody.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 10:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
o'dium wrote:
it’s a very strong political focussed game with a lot of blood and violence. A direct confliction.

have you ever visited Earth?

The point was less about violence not going hand in hand with politics, of course that works. It was more that you don't find that in a pixar stylized movie, do you? It doesn't work and sends out a huge conflictio design wise.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 12:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually no, this is a discussion I've had with quite a few artists... Amazingly, the general view towards this game so far from a lot of people is "meh".

As for you not seeing any comparisons to a pixer film at all, one can only assume either of two things 1) You haven't watched the "ingame (lol)" trailer or 2) you haven't seen a pixar film:

To be fair, the trailer was scripted so obviously that even speaking about "gameplay" like some people are is retarded. Anybody who expects the game to play like in that video is a total tart. There will be moments of that in the game, sure, but don't expect a grand leap over Bioshocks gameplay.

Last edited by o'dium on 09-23-2010 12:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 12:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
o'dium wrote:
Actually no, this is a discussion I've had with quite a few artists... Amazingly, the general view towards this game so far from a lot of people is "meh".

jealousy

Jealousy? These are people that have worked on Halo, Gears of War, Uncharted, Mass Effect... What makes you think anybody would be jealous...? The impression this has given people is that its another really simplistic shooter ala Bioshock that is aimed at the dumb ass console crowd, that its cashing in on the Bioshock name when it really doesn't need too, and that the art style, though very nice, just doesn't suit the theme.

I'm willing to bet you won't even understand any of those points and just be blinded by the target render video, however. So, post your "no u" now.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 11:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium is right that the gameplay trailer was heavily scripted and doesn't necessarily reflect gameplay 100%. There's an interview with Ken Levine on Eurogamer where he states exactly this. It's not a secret or some kind of higher wisdom that originated in o'dium himself.

I don't know where o'dium gets the Pixar look idea from. Just because it doens't look as dark and gritty like most games these days doens't mean it's suddenly got a Pixar look over it. If two characters look somewhat alike, that's coincidence. In fact, the whole art style in the two pictures o'dium posted is completely different.

Here, two guys in green armor. Is one of those games ripping off the style of the other? Not really.
ImageImage

I found this quote by o'dium hilarious as well:

o'dium wrote:
If you don't agree that the art design directly conflicts the games setting and theme, state WHY. Don't just act like a cunt because you haven't acted on Youtube today, back up your words big man.

Especially considering that his previous post was this:
o'dium wrote:
Also while I do dig the art style, it really isn't working for the theme of the game, imo...

Wait... what? You're calling Mazda a cunt because he's not giving any arguments for an opinion he hasn't even given, while you smear your own opinion all over the place backing it up with nothing more than "imo"? Oh come on o'dium, get real. You still wonder why people don't take you seriously? Deflate that massive head of yours and land your feet back on solid ground will ya?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 11:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw the gameplay, and it makes no sense at all.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 11:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's no surprise. Not a whole lot of things make sense to you.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 11:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser, your nothing more than a child in adult clothing to be fair, a nintendo geek who faps to fan art princess peach in her knickers. There are a few people here I'll sit down and engage in a decent conversation with... You not being one of them.

Enjoy your day, and may you get raped by a goat.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.