Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        BioShock Infinite

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: BioShock Infinite

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 11:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

got him

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 11:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
rather than showing yet again its impossible for you to enter an actual conversation with somebody.

o'dium wrote:
There are a few people here I'll sit down and engage in a decent conversation with... You not being one of them.

so'dumb

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 12:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're just a dickhead.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 12:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What are you going to do about it?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

will you calm down, scro'dium?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Eraser, your nothing more than a child in adult clothing to be fair, a nintendo geek who faps to fan art princess peach in her knickers. There are a few people here I'll sit down and engage in a decent conversation with... You not being one of them.

Enjoy your day, and may you get raped by a goat.

lol

You got fucking crushed by Eraser.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 09:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Crushed? Its an internet forum, fatty. Shit goes on here while I'm having my morning cornflakes and it doesn't enter my head again.

Step away from the keyboard, put the doughnuts down, and get on a bike... You may feel the same.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dessicated corpse wrote:
blah

change your sig you fucking weirdo.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lots of flailing in this thread

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 10:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahahahahahahahaha!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs o'dium :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
New 10 minute long vid. And oh, my fucking god. It looks amazing.

looks fab; be nice to see something that isn't 90% scripted though

floating city idea looks neat, kinda like DM17 but with more shizzle

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Underpants? wrote:
scro'dium?

:olo:

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 09-25-2010 02:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Jealousy? These are people that have worked on Halo, Gears of War, Uncharted, Mass Effect... What makes you think anybody would be jealous...?

I'd like to read this. It's incredibly unprofessional for so called "industry artists" to talk smack about other studios art, especially when Bioshock was infinitely more creative from an art direction standpoint than any of them. The character models in BS were fine anyway. Much better than no-necked marines in wellington boots.

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 09-25-2010 03:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-27-2010 12:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grandpa Stu wrote:

Wow, after seeing Ken Levine talk about his game like that, CliffyB looks like an even bigger moron with his "bigger better more badass" type of oneliners.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 07-08-2011 01:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Full 12 minute E3 trailer here (skip to the first marker in the video timeline)

Absolutely jaw dropping. 2012 is a fair way away, but it's hard to predict a better game than this coming next year. Wowzers.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-08-2011 01:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I closed the window after the horsy bit because that was enough to make me soil my pants and I don't want to spoil the game any further.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-08-2011 04:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:
2012 is a fair way away, but it's hard to predict a better game than this coming next year. Wowzers.

When are Arkham City and Uncharted 3 out? This year or 2012? But yea, this looks absolutely stunning.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-08-2011 04:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arkham City is October 2011 and Uncharted 3 is November 2011, so both still this year.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 07-08-2011 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Skyrim and Uncharted 3 in the same month. My god, I may as well throw away my key.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-26-2013 04:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game is fucking ace so far :up:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-26-2013 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's what I wanted to ask :(

Say ello to my l'il frien'
Say ello to my l'il frien'
PostPosted: 03-26-2013 08:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agreed, just finished playing a 3hr stint and it's awesome

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-28-2013 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i like it

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 03-28-2013 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pre-loaded on Steam but still not had a chance to play this yet!

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-29-2013 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:

Thanks for telling us you haven't played it.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-29-2013 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The gameplay is pretty fun, especially as you're learning the sky hang system, and as you acquire more and more interesting armor pieces and superpowers.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT:

The part where you go to find Lin and he's dead, then you enter a tear where he's alive, but his tools are gone, so you go to find his tools, then when you get there, you realize you can't take them with you, at which point yet another tear opens up where our protagonists just assume both Lin's safety and his tools' location seems contrived, to say the least. This tear business is something which I wish didn't enter the storyline. It's too convoluted, poorly explained ("a kind of wish-fulfillment," really?), and muddies the amazing alternate history of America the game was pulling off SO WELL until that shit entered the picture.

Still a great game, but I wouldn't say it's the leap forward in gaming narrative that some suggest it to be.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 03-29-2013 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
vesp wrote:

Thanks for telling us you haven't played it.

np - still haven't btw

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-29-2013 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How about now?

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-29-2013 11:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
The gameplay is pretty fun, especially as you're learning the sky hang system, and as you acquire more and more interesting armor pieces and superpowers.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT:

The part where you go to find Lin and he's dead, then you enter a tear where he's alive, but his tools are gone, so you go to find his tools, then when you get there, you realize you can't take them with you, at which point yet another tear opens up where our protagonists just assume both Lin's safety and his tools' location seems contrived, to say the least. This tear business is something which I wish didn't enter the storyline. It's too convoluted, poorly explained ("a kind of wish-fulfillment," really?), and muddies the amazing alternate history of America the game was pulling off SO WELL until that shit entered the picture.

Still a great game, but I wouldn't say it's the leap forward in gaming narrative that some suggest it to be.

There's a universe for everything so I assume it was showing her what she wants to to see before she became omnipotent. Still, like most media that deals with time/space there's some logic holes.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-30-2013 01:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Major spoilers in this post

Yeah, when I wrote that post, I was still about two hours from completing the game and whole lighthouse/infinite universe thing hadn't opened up yet. I still have some unanswered questions, such as:

If Booker is Comstock, how are they two different ages in the same universe?
Doesn't that imply that one of them crossed over from a different universe? When? How? Why?
How are they two different ages? They both know it's 1912 so presumably, neither character is aware of any time travel hijinx. This also raises questions about Elizabeth's age. I must have missed something.
Is there any good reason (lore-wise) that tears opened up at just the right time, or is it just really cheap storytelling?

I could probably think of more but I'm showing higher traces than usual of turbovirgin so I'll stop there.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-30-2013 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I was thinking the same things. Booker crossed over, not sure if it was when he entered the lighthouse or if the twins dragged him through like it showed in the end which is why he couldn't remember that he had daughter for some stupid reason... Like that was the only thing he forgot. The city didn't exist in his world because comstock didn't exist to create it.

Comstock knew about the whole time/ space thing cuz he used it to kidnap the girl. There's some audio logs saying that the experimentations made him fertile and gave him cancer among other things, so he might just look older than he is?

The tears are just the will of the girl, but its really just a gamey thing

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-31-2013 10:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you can manage to orchestrate all of this information in your head, it helps with some of the questions. Sorry for the image size; this is the lvlshot format, too.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 04-02-2013 05:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When you need a diagram for a game, it's usually not a good sign ;)
In this case though, I don't really mind.

I loathe using superlatives, but the way this game is put together is truly superb.
So yes, it's the best game I've played in 5 years.
And I didn't even like BS1 and BS2.

Everything clicks in Bioshock Infinite.
I can't fault it on a single aspect but one: dynamic shadows look wank on ultra, so I set it to high.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.