Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        BioShock Infinite

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: BioShock Infinite

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-12-2013 11:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuk u, it's still $80 for us in Australia, $40 when it was on sale.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-12-2013 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah but Aussies like getting fucked in the ass.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-22-2013 12:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
The first 1/4 of the game was flat-out boring.

Really? I thought it was excellently paced and really set up the mood and gave a great oppertunity to experience the world of Columbia. I was actually glad that they didn't throw you in the heat of battle right away like it was some sort of Call of Duty power fantasy again.

Memphis wrote:
Anyone tried the so-called 1999 mode? Hard was too grindy for my tastes, particularly come the later battles. Seems rather than it being another gamemode, it's just a harder hard mode. That blimp battle's going to be bastid with bullet-sponge mobs flooding in.

I completed the game on Hard, but after that, 1999 mode seems like little more than self inflicted torture to me.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 07-22-2013 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I completed the game on Hard, but after that, 1999 mode seems like little more than self inflicted torture to me.

Indeed. I want a game to be a fun experience, which it isn't if it's too easy or too hard.
I get how people get their fun out of setting the bar as high as possible, also with the 100%-ing stuff etc. but that's not how I approach games (anymore).

Really anticipating DLC (if any is forthcoming?)

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-23-2013 02:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Can't decide if I like the ending.

I fucking loved it. Every damn second of it. When I first got to Columbia, I spent 15 minutes just wandering around the watery/candely area where the hymn is playing. It took me more than an hour to make my way to the raffle with the 77 baseball. Songbird was superbly implemented. Ima let you finish, but Elizabeth has to rank amongst [if not outright be] the best sidekicks of all time. The ending gave me goosebumps.

GOTY for sure.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-23-2013 04:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-23-2013 11:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wat? fuk u >:(

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-30-2013 05:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Three new DLC packs have been announced. First there's the boring cash-in, called Clash in the Clouds, which basically turns some parts of the single player levels into combat arenas where you're fighting waves of enemies. It's completely detached from the BioShock Infinite storyline so I guess it's primarily aimed at those who like to shoot things. It'll cost you $5 and should be available by now.

The other two DLC packs are parts 1 and 2 of a story based single player experience (called Burial at Sea) that take the player back to Rapture. This time, though, it's before everything went Tango Uniform there, so we're getting to see Rapture in all it's glory like it once was. In part one you'll be playing as Booker DeWitt and in part two you'll be playing as Elizabeth. The whole thing takes on a sort of Film Noire style.

Here's a trailer:

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 07-30-2013 06:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
The other two DLC packs are parts 1 and 2 of a story based single player experience (called Burial at Sea) that take the player back to Rapture. This time, though, it's before everything went Tango Uniform there, so we're getting to see Rapture in all it's glory like it once was. In part one you'll be playing as Booker DeWitt and in part two you'll be playing as Elizabeth. The whole thing takes on a sort of Film Noire style.

Sweet!

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-30-2013 04:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

exciting; looking forward to it.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-30-2013 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
take the player back to Rapture

I literally never buy DLC. I won't be able to say that anymore after this. Thanks for the info :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-22-2013 05:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, has anyone played (and finished) the first Burial at Sea episode? I did and it's pretty good. It's a great revisit of Rapture.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-22-2013 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got it this week.
Took me forever to dld, btw? Steam super slow for anyone else, lately? Also 10 gigs seems a bit much for 1,5 hours of gameplay, better be fucking awesome.

But anyway, looking forward to playing it this weekend. Are all upgrades from last save carried over?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-22-2013 09:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No it's a blank slate because of well, story lines.
And btw, 10GB? It was a 1.6GB download for me on Xbox 360.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.