Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 10:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just a little update :)

I am enlarging the tunnel I have at Level 12, with that electrified railway now extended. It must be about 25k blocks long.

A couple of days ago I discovered one of those abandoned mines as you do but this seems to be growing :eek: as I keep discovering new levels. I just seems to get bigger the further I explore this one.

II usually find a couple, maybe as many as 5 mine carts with chests in previous mines but this one :confused: I am now more than 12 and still digging :D

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-05-2015 04:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just blow it to hell with TNT and be done with it.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-05-2015 05:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just found another 3 mine carts in the same tunnel :eek:

TNT, fun stuff too and I have played with it extensively on another world.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-06-2015 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

apparently 1.9 has more End structures and dual-wielding :yawn:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2015 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-31-2015 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a moron...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-31-2015 08:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh boo-fucking-hoo. I won't shed a tear for Notch and his multi-billion dollar "problem".

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-31-2015 08:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

as the article says, the last time he "overshared", he sold his company for billions.
looks like a valid strategy.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2015 10:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
as the article says, the last time he "overshared", he sold his company for billions.
looks like a valid strategy.

so you think this is him suggesting to the world that he's an easy mark for some gold digger?

i gotta say, when i heard about his beverly hills shenanigans, i wondered what his wife was thinking about it since she seemed like such a down to earth girl-next-door type in the minecraft documentary. little did i realise she'd dumped his ass after only a year of marriage...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-31-2015 12:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He should do something worthwhile with his life instead of partying with so-called celebrities. I don't see Bill Gates or Elon Musk complain about loneliness and guess what, they're achieving shit in life.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2015 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i guess his problem is that he just wanted to make videogames, then he accidentally made one that was ridiculously successful and now doesn't know what to do next

he could have taken the George Broussard option: announce minecraft 2 over and over again for 15 years while switching engines every 6 months before eventually running out of money and selling the idea to another studio who then release something stupid and disappointing :idea:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-31-2015 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a fuckin' mong. Just keep making video games in your basement man.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-31-2015 05:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He can't.. He just got lucky... He ain't got nothing... He's a pathetic chump... He's seething with jellusy about me as u might have guessed...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-01-2015 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah if he'd been poor like you then his life would have just been mediocre... like yours...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-01-2015 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
......... I discovered a compass and the teleport command...........

Yesterday I teleported in to solid rock when I mistyped the co ordinates and died :tear:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-01-2015 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that's why you need the journeymap mod :idea:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-02-2015 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
that's why you need the journeymap mod :idea:

No you don't. Accidentally teleporting into solid rock sounds hilarious to me :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 04:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started playing again and have "done a whiskey 7" and decided to build a road that just keeps going, nuilding stations along the way :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vanilla?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 10:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this game any good?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 11:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
vanilla?

Yup - standard survival

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 11:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Is this game any good?

It's magnificently simple and the only limit if your imagination.54 million people can't be wrong?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 11:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Started playing again and have "done a whiskey 7" and decided to build a road that just keeps going, nuilding stations along the way :D

Nice Don Carlos :up:

Me, I am still underground and digging :smirk: Now I tend to just dig until I hit a mine and signpost it then continue adding rail line as I go. Every now and then I place 'dumps', half a dozen chests to store my diggings.

I did go aloft the other day just for a change and in God mode, travelled thousands of metres/blocks and came across even more Atlantis structures that I now 'mark' with some columns, then place torches on top for later. I am keeping a list of their co ordinates too :D

Ask me why I find Mine Craft so captivating and I guess I'd say it is the rhythmic sound of digging only broken by the excitement of discovery.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 01:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50760&start=35

BAM?

Heh - I don't think Destiny has anywhere near the players of Minecraft.

Minecraft is legit, seriously.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 01:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But we were talking Halo...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 01:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyways. I don't have time for games like this. I'll play a real game, like Fallout 4...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wooohooohooooo it's the blooooood mooooon

fuck off

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My daughter note plays Terraria more than Minecraft... She just beat the wall of flesh...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 04:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
She just beat the wall of flesh...

Keep that shit to yourself pedo.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-29-2015 07:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So first of all, fuck u.

I was browsing around the Poor Store the other day with my son (we had some time to kill) and he noticed a used copy of Minecraft for the XB1. The cover was apparently enticing to enough to query me about it, so I said that it's a building game where you move blocks around and build endless things.. you know kinda like Lego but for the Xbox.
The moment I said 'Lego' I knew I was fucked. His eyes widened and asked me if it was a hard game. I shrugged, looked at the back and noticed the Rating; 7+. Not for content obviously but for the complexity of it all. Great, I'm in the clear.
Two mins later he said "Hey remember Star Wars? The box says 'ages 12+' but I've already seen it. So I think I can play this game as well".

You know what? There's a demo for it on the 360 in which you can play the game for 30 mins. Let's see if you actually like it before buying.

Back home I dled the demo and he started playing. Well, mostly looking around, getting used to the first person controls and randomly punching trees and dirt.
It wasn't until the missus started reading the tutorial tips out loud that things clicked. "You need some oak to make a shovel" "I have oak!" *builds shovel*. "Yay now I can dig huge holes!".
So he was digging away, ignoring the tutorial telling him to make an axe. Hurting noone and happy as a clam.
The missus kept bugging him after reading some more tips; "Digging holes is great but you can also make an axe. Come on make an axe. Axes are great, make one."
Next thing I hear is a "Mooommmm" and when I look over I see hm watching the tv and her with the controller, building an axe and exploring the countryside. Well for about 5 minutes because the timer ran out. "Hey what button do I press to get the full version and keep playing" is all she asked.

In conclusion, Minecraft snuck into my house and it's here to stay. I blame you guys and I present you with a heartfelt 'fuck u'.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-29-2015 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can I play with your wife?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-29-2015 09:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
So first of all, fuck u.

I was browsing around the Poor Store the other day with my son (we had some time to kill) and he noticed a used copy of Minecraft for the XB1. The cover was apparently enticing to enough to query me about it, so I said that it's a building game where you move blocks around and build endless things.. you know kinda like Lego but for the Xbox.
The moment I said 'Lego' I knew I was fucked. His eyes widened and asked me if it was a hard game. I shrugged, looked at the back and noticed the Rating; 7+. Not for content obviously but for the complexity of it all. Great, I'm in the clear.
Two mins later he said "Hey remember Star Wars? The box says 'ages 12+' but I've already seen it. So I think I can play this game as well".

You know what? There's a demo for it on the 360 in which you can play the game for 30 mins. Let's see if you actually like it before buying.

Back home I dled the demo and he started playing. Well, mostly looking around, getting used to the first person controls and randomly punching trees and dirt.
It wasn't until the missus started reading the tutorial tips out loud that things clicked. "You need some oak to make a shovel" "I have oak!" *builds shovel*. "Yay now I can dig huge holes!".
So he was digging away, ignoring the tutorial telling him to make an axe. Hurting noone and happy as a clam.
The missus kept bugging him after reading some more tips; "Digging holes is great but you can also make an axe. Come on make an axe. Axes are great, make one."
Next thing I hear is a "Mooommmm" and when I look over I see hm watching the tv and her with the controller, building an axe and exploring the countryside. Well for about 5 minutes because the timer ran out. "Hey what button do I press to get the full version and keep playing" is all she asked.

In conclusion, Minecraft snuck into my house and it's here to stay. I blame you guys and I present you with a heartfelt 'fuck u'.

Heartfelt LOL

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-29-2015 09:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
So first of all, fuck u.

Can't believe your kid is that old already. :tear:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-29-2015 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I blame you guys and I present you with a heartfelt 'fuck u'.

nothing to do with anyone here but you, chump

also: lol

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.