Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-03-2011 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Neato. Was Stu the one that put torches everywhere?

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 01-03-2011 12:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nope

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-03-2011 06:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i got fucked last time i was on the minecarts, it was night time and a pot shot with an arrow knocked me off of it, then there where 3 skeletons, 4 spiders, and something else chasing me. :/

totally doing it again.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 11:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got a copy finally :) I logged in but can't edit anything, I'm guessing I need to be given permission or something?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 11:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh no you should be able to dig and build to your heart's content actually. Are you doing it right?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Changed permissions for new users. You should be GTG Kracus.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Are you doing it right?

PUNCH THAT TREE, BRO!! :eek:

Is anyone else noticing that ores and/or giant underground caverns seem to be more rare in this version of the game? Maybe our spawn point is just in a shitty spot, but I'm comparing it to the first map we played, it seemed to have a lot more stuff going on.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 01:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So how do I get in on this again? I was playing MC for free a couple of months ago when his servers went down and you could play singleplayer free, but do I just buy it and connect to this Awesome Cool Kids server?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1. Buy it
2. Select multiplayer from game main menu
3. Connect to mc.quake3world.com
4. Build stuff

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 03:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Are you doing it right?

PUNCH THAT TREE, BRO!! :eek:

Is anyone else noticing that ores and/or giant underground caverns seem to be more rare in this version of the game? Maybe our spawn point is just in a shitty spot, but I'm comparing it to the first map we played, it seemed to have a lot more stuff going on.

yeah i've been noticing this too. however i've played a little bit on another server and when i started digging i came across all kinds of goodies. i'm thinking it's the location to be honest. i asked around on that other server and it seems i just got lucky with a mineral rich area.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hmmm might be time to jump back in a build some stuff...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 04:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

THE LACK OF BUCKETS IS DISTURBING!

honestly, i cant just grab lava with my hands! :D

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 04:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grandpa Stu wrote:
yeah i've been noticing this too. however i've played a little bit on another server and when i started digging i came across all kinds of goodies. i'm thinking it's the location to be honest. i asked around on that other server and it seems i just got lucky with a mineral rich area.

Could also be that we don't have unlimited diamond pickaxes :olo:
Still getting used to this one...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 06:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guys may seriously want to check this out.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=120160

The performance increase was quite substantial on my old PC. It's very smooth now even with the distance set to Far. No more problems with chunk updates.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 06:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
You guys may seriously want to check this out.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=120160

The performance increase was quite substantial on my old PC. It's very smooth now even with the distance set to Far. No more problems with chunk updates.

very interesting. there's an SMP version too.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-06-2011 01:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-06-2011 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ha!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 12:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got a little carried away with courtyard expansion.

btw... you guys should check out the work mrd has done at northern overland hub.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 02:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 01-13-2011 06:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For anyone who got the upgrade today and wants to play...

The minecraftforum has instructions to downgrade your minecraft client

copied from HERE

While you are waiting for Hey0 and Bukkit to get their shit together. You can run the old version of minecraft. First let your client update, then get -> http://cdn.crafthub.net/minecraft.jar and replace the new minecraft.jar with the old one.

Might be good to rename the new Jar instead of overwriting it.

the file goes in %appdata%/.minecraft/bin
Do not touch the version file.
Then just run minecraft.exe

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-13-2011 11:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

notch needs to make api #1 priority. community is too reliant of smp and plugins.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-14-2011 10:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm unable to log into the server anymore, I get errors everytime and it crashes. :/

Sp works though.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-14-2011 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The server uses a community provided mod called hey0 that breaks everytime notch releases a new update. Have to wait for it to get updated, usually no more than a couple of days.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-14-2011 12:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I see. Guess my airship building fix will have to wait.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 01-14-2011 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
The server uses a community provided mod called hey0 that breaks everytime notch releases a new update. Have to wait for it to get updated, usually no more than a couple of days.

Since the mc.quake3world.com server is still running the previous version it still works if you ran the upgrade to you client. See my previous post, jut put the old minecraft.jar file back.

This is how I keep my group playing on my server until Hey0 (which is really no longer supported) mod is updated.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-14-2011 02:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I thought that too and tried that but that didn't work for me. Also the SP seems really buggy and laggy. It freezes up on me after a short while.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 01-15-2011 01:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did the rollback and I still can't log into mc.quake3world.com.

Can anyone get on ATM?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-15-2011 02:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Switched from using hey0 to notch's version. Meaning, you can connect now with the latest version. The downside is minecarts don't work, along with chat, spawn too i think. Hopefully a mods gets released soon.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-18-2011 08:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I got back on thanks :)

I see somone couldn't figure out the jump to the ladder to get to the airship lol :)

I've started laying out the inside now.

On another note, I decided to venture down into the complex of tunnels you guys have dug underground and it's ridiculous how many tunnels there are down there. I wandered around for a good 30 minutes and I don't think I ever went through the same tunnel.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 01-21-2011 06:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
Switched from using hey0 to notch's version. Meaning, you can connect now with the latest version. The downside is minecarts don't work, along with chat, spawn too i think. Hopefully a mods gets released soon.

I got my server back online with a stable release of Bukkit build #86
Added the MyWarp v1-7 Mod (which imports your warps from Hey0)
Added TelePlus to teleport around

I can zip and send you the files if you need them, there are so many releases going daily I cant seem to find the links. After all the searching it took about 2 minutes to get the server updated and online.

Using my existing Map and all seems well we've been tinkering fr the last 2 days without issue. I haven't tried getting minecart Mania working yet.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 01-21-2011 06:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

I got my server back online with a stable release of Bukkit build #86
Added the MyWarp v1-7 Mod (which imports your warps from Hey0)
Added TelePlus to teleport around

I can zip and send you the files if you need them, there are so many releases going daily I cant seem to find the links. After all the searching it took about 2 minutes to get the server updated and online.

Using my existing Map and all seems well we've been tinkering fr the last 2 days without issue. I haven't tried getting minecart Mania working yet.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-21-2011 08:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't been able to get the game to run since he switched servers. I still can't load minecraft.net and can't login using the standalone client. Aren't they done yet?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-21-2011 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try http://www.minecraft.net (not minecraft.net).

Will play around with bukkit this weekend (thx innocent giraffe killer).

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-24-2011 05:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that' didn't work, it's cause their new IP hadn't replicated to all the DNS servers yet, takes like 3 days apparently and I just kept gettnig routed to the old one.

He woulda been better off getting a new url like minecraft.com and just kept the minecraft.net orignial site and use it as a re-direct to his new IP using the IP directly instead of it's DNS name but hey... what do I know?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-26-2011 09:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't say I see a lot of people playing... however in case anyone is, I'd recommend checknig out the massive underground cave, complete with waterfall I've found. I've spent a few hours exploring and I feel like I've barely started. It's gigantic and full of minerals. I've found gold, diamond and an abundance of redstone.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.