Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 01:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feel free to blow up or smash down all my stuff... server is ruined imo... started with ppl duping and went into overdrive with cuboids :( lame.....

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 01:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no one is stopping you from using only materials you've mined. it's not like it's a competition or anything. you can still play the game the way you want to play it.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 01:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

what the fuck? has he made that completely by hand? :dork:

edit:
Quote:
The Minecraft world uses 1m^3 blocks, ans so, I simply converted my already scaled plans into a format that minecraft could take and imported each deck in batch, leaving 4 spaces in between for walls

no, phew :up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 01:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
feel free to blow up or smash down all my stuff... server is ruined imo... started with ppl duping and went into overdrive with cuboids :( lame.....

RAAAAAAAAGE QUIT

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 01:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:

i am sorry you feel the server is ruined.

the server has evolved into full creative mode because at this time there is no way to fully prevent cheats, and some of us want to use these tools to more quickly build stuff (we don't suffer from a shortage of ideas).

cuboids is a tool like anything else. you can't just create a sphere with it and consider it awesome. you are still going to do most of your work by hand to make it look unique and not cookie-cutter.

people are welcome to use cuboids but it is not enabled by default because it is easily abused.

once the multiplayer game gets cheats patched and more features are added, it will be worthwhile to revisit this issue and we can decide whether to start from scratch again. my guess though is that unless multiplayer is radically redone with a focus on cooperative gameplay (and i don't see this happening anytime soon), people will be too burnt out to rehash the same similar gameplay.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 04:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah its cool, the game just kinda evolved into something im not that interested in playing. besides, i really should be workin on new stuff in radient anyway. heh it was a fun wee game, and for 20 bucks i got my monies worth. will check back once patches and more game play elements are added...

not a rage quit, just a quit quit :D

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You paid $20? I think you got ripped off!

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nz dollers. it was prolly more like 18 something. but thanks for the great imput. yawn...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 12:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and a cold chill falls over the thread...

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 12:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shwweeeet.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 05:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A shame that Q3DM6 doesn't have a portal in it.

I may build an unholy altar to this guy next:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-23-2010 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy fuckballs, that guy looks mean. Cthulhu or whatever?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-24-2010 11:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
piiiiiigs iiiiiiiiinnnnnn spaaaaaaaaace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeV0XB-w_yM

to bad its a sheep :/

awesome :olo:

edit:
he launches himself in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSaGG0CmEfQ

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 10-25-2010 05:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-25-2010 05:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 10-27-2010 07:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

at first i was like

then i was like

got em

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-27-2010 09:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thought I'd have a go :up:

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-29-2010 09:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

f'ing multiplayer door bug!!!!!!

I was moving tons of crap to the hull a wooden ship we built. I just unloaded and had the flint and steel selected. I went to open the door that was open but appeared closed and lit the deck on fire.

she was a good ship :(

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 10-29-2010 10:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you burned down the aircraft carrier? HAHA

btw my new mob spawner trap is big dick status

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-29-2010 11:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
f'ing multiplayer door bug!!!!!!

I was moving tons of crap to the hull a wooden ship we built. I just unloaded and had the flint and steel selected. I went to open the door that was open but appeared closed and lit the deck on fire.

she was a good ship :(

:olo:

Fire is awesome.
At one point I decided that the lines of my football field might look better if they were made out of cloth (was sand before). Halfway through I decided it was ugly and wanted to get rid of all the cloth again. Fastest way? Burn it all. Unfortunately there were some trees close by that caught fire, which then spread to the all-wooden waterfront which caught fire. All the trees there burned down and the waterfront was halfway gone.

Doh! :)

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 10-30-2010 01:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol stupid fire. i originally made the UFO out of cloth because i wanted it to be white. i then created a beem out of lava underneath it. even though i had a layer of stone between the lava and cloth, the thing still managed to catch fire. mjrpes and shaft got to see it go out in a glorious blaze with me haha.

anywho...HALLOWEEN UPDATE IS OUT!!!OMGone

mostly feature adds, doesn't look like any of the multiplayer stuff was "fixed." apparently that will be the next thing that's worked on.

http://notch.tumblr.com/

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-30-2010 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

minecraft website is f00ked

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-30-2010 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like another DDoS attack.
If thats the case, I don't understand these half-wits. The first DDoS was due to Lack of Updates. The day we get an update, the site goes down.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-30-2010 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On the other hand, it could be that they are doing some mad updating and have taken it down for that.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-30-2010 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

server has been updated to newest version. no hey0 compatible mod yet so you're gonna have to mine and create stuff the old fashion way.

because nothing has been fixed in multiplayer i don't see any reason to change the server/map for now. i'll play around with condensing the map so there's room to explore the new biomes.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-30-2010 07:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
server has been updated to newest version. no hey0 compatible mod yet so you're gonna have to mine and create stuff the old fashion way.

because nothing has been fixed in multiplayer i don't see any reason to change the server/map for now. i'll play around with condensing the map so there's room to explore the new biomes.

Thanks Your comment helped me get my server back online quickly :up:

doesn't look like the portals work on my existing world, I can get one to appear with the purple flowery thing, but they don't go anywhere when you stand inside. I wonder if you ned to generate a new world for the portals to work.

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 10-30-2010 08:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hell is fun and creepy. i walked a bit and when i took the portal back to the surface I was standing on a bunch of clay. u jelly?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-31-2010 06:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not sure why, but I built a hell portal on the mc.quake3world.com server but when standing inside it nothing happens...

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 10-31-2010 05:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

only works in SP bro

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-31-2010 11:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lame :(

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-03-2010 09:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No one playin this shit anymore?

I've been on a few times and its always been empty.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-03-2010 09:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

same, where were you?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-03-2010 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think the reason is the borked scripts.

But who knows?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-04-2010 12:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The magiccarpet hack no longer works?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.