Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Dragon Age II

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Dragon Age II

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-13-2011 10:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone played the demo?

They've completely and utterly destroyed the combat system. It's now a console "inspired" dumbed down hack and slash type game. BioWare though, so the graphics, cut-scenes and dialogue are all great. Wondering if the full game is worth getting now. =/

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-14-2011 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

demo? full game is out.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-14-2011 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have it. It's excellent.

Say ello to my l'il frien'
PostPosted: 03-14-2011 09:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@memphis holy feck EA :down:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-14-2011 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
not least because of this.

...jeebus :dork:

guru
guru
PostPosted: 03-14-2011 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rented it - the combat felt completely fucked. Just a bunch of fast button mashing. It felt like the combat was in fast forward. I liked the first game's fighting much better.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 03-14-2011 05:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dialogue great? LOL it's the most cliche, badly written rubbish ever. The characters are terrible too.

Not a bad game by any means, but cringeworthy in places. Mass Effect's dialogue is 10000x better and has characters you actually care about.

I made my "champion" rather homoerotic looking by mistake too. God damnit.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-14-2011 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like my cliches with extra cheese :toothy:

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-14-2011 11:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now I love Mass Effect, but if you think the dialogue in that game is any better than you are clearly a cunt.

Bioware need better dialogue writers.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-14-2011 11:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-15-2011 02:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol video games.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 03-15-2011 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i watched the gamespot review and installed it, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. btw, for those who have an newer ATI gfx card(s) like me and have a problem with framerates, read this and especially try this driver hotfix :)

i have 2x6870's in crossfire and the game was stuttering terribly with the graphics maxed out, the hotfix made the framerates much better.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 03-15-2011 11:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:

how does it compare to Dragon Age: Origins? is the new combat system too dumbed down or is it just a lot less frustrating than the first one? and is the new inventory system too simple or just a lot less of a headache than the first one?

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-15-2011 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
Pauly wrote:

how does it compare to Dragon Age: Origins? is the new combat system too dumbed down or is it just a lot less frustrating than the first one? and is the new inventory system too simple or just a lot less of a headache than the first one?

I love the first one, even though it clearly wasn't made with consoles in mind. It does seem that with DA2 they made it more for consoles, rather than PC, so the combat is different. In this case I think "different" is better. It's really cool. The Rogue is the mutt's nuts.

The story seems a bit shitty to be honest, which is where the first one excelled. I don't really know what I am aiming for in this one, as I am just going from quest to quest. I have no clue what the main plot is, but to be fair I wasn't really paying attention, as I was wanking during the opening cut scene.

It's getting a lot of negativity on the Bioware forums with all the angry nerds, crying about it being dumbed down, but I think it's excellent and I am of course, always right.

Now excuse me, I am off to wank.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-15-2011 04:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

redline
redline
PostPosted: 03-16-2011 06:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108482-BioWare-Employee-Busted-in-Dragon-Age-2-Review-Scandal-UPDATED

:olo:

they reversed the decision lol :rolleyes:

btw, do you think they pay their moderators? if yes, then how much?

redline
redline
PostPosted: 03-16-2011 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
I love the first one, even though it clearly wasn't made with consoles in mind. It does seem that with DA2 they made it more for consoles, rather than PC, so the combat is different. In this case I think "different" is better. It's really cool. The Rogue is the mutt's nuts.

The story seems a bit shitty to be honest, which is where the first one excelled. I don't really know what I am aiming for in this one, as I am just going from quest to quest. I have no clue what the main plot is, but to be fair I wasn't really paying attention, as I was wanking during the opening cut scene.

It's getting a lot of negativity on the Bioware forums with all the angry nerds, crying about it being dumbed down, but I think it's excellent and I am of course, always right.

Now excuse me, I am off to wank.

my fiancée had time to play it and she said that she likes it a lot more than the DA:O. i really want to try it now :)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-22-2011 05:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-22-2011 06:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the game is shit

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-22-2011 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you're shit

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 03-22-2011 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

n1 pauly

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 03-22-2011 04:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly strikes again. That's why they call him super. That and his penis.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-24-2011 12:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One thing I didn't like is they recycled the shit out of locations. Even on the DLC i noticed the dungeon was the same stupid layout re-skinned to gothic instead of a cave..wtf? lazy.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-25-2011 12:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly has some explaining to do. :offended:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-05-2011 12:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My earlier criticism was based on the PS3 demo, and having played the full game on the PC now, I've got to retract it. Pauly's right, this game is fantastic :up:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 04-05-2011 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
My earlier criticism was based on the PS3 demo, and having played the full game on the PC now, I've got to retract it. Pauly's right, this game is fantastic :up:

i playing the game too now and i agree, it's awesome.

PostPosted: 04-05-2011 07:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

after playing the demo and renting the game, it's still shit

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-05-2011 06:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
it's a game for gays. apparently

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-06-2011 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game is so shitty, they're trying to use Mass Effect 2 as an incentive to buy it. I played it for 5 minutes and uninstalled it.

http://social.bioware.com/me2offer/

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.