Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        casey anthony case...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: casey anthony case...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 11:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i totally called it...prosecutors are all morons obviously...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so are OPs who don't provide links to wtf they're talking about... next...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol u must be some dirty foreign moron...

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 12:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol one look at her mug and you can tell she did it. gg system

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Getting away with killing a kid is easy

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Getting away with killing a kid is easy

This.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 01:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the evidence was pathetic...justice served...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She should have just got an abortion, or have you yanks slapped a death penalty on that shit too?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

evidence was so bad in this case u can easily believe her dad did it...in fact more so...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

too bad lie detectors are not 100% accurate, hence dismissable in court.

First off, i think requiring 100% accuracy is somewhat unrealistic. Surely repeating the test a few times should yield observable results.
Compared to the fucking shit fest the law system is and the way some people have literally made a living off of manipulating it to the fullest, a lie detector seems to be a more credible source of justice.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 03:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

First off, i think requiring 100% accuracy is somewhat unrealistic. Surely repeating the test a few times should yield observable results.
Compared to the fucking shit fest the law system is and the way some people have literally made a living off of manipulating it to the fullest, a lie detector seems to be a more credible source of justice.

Except that lie detectors aren't anywhere near 100% accurate. More like they are highly fallible. (If it were reliable like say fingerprint matching, the law would recognize it's value)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

Any trained individual can cheat a lie detector.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 04:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Tsakali wrote:

Except that lie detectors aren't anywhere near 100% accurate. More like they are highly fallible. (If it were reliable like say fingerprint matching, the law would recognize it's value)

which brings me to my next point...what ever happened to the development of that tech... the shit was invented nearly a century ago, and as far as i know, they haven't made any serious improvements on its basic premise.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because pseudoscience doesn't have much scope for any sort of valid improvement.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i wasn't aware it had lost all credibility to that extend. well back to our mortal bickering.

Would be nice though, imagine...all this bs, would be over with in a few minutes, instead of months even years of this shit they call the justice system.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 05:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or better yet, let's develop the system from Minority Report and catch bad guys before they become bad guys. After the world is crime-free, we can all go enjoy a weekend at Jurassic Park.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 02:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Any trained individual can cheat a lie detector.

Trained in WHAT?

Asshole. :disgust: You couldn't pass gas, yuh doorknob!

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 02:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Or better yet, let's develop the system from Minority Report and catch bad guys before they become bad guys. After the world is crime-free, we can all go enjoy a weekend at Jurassic Park.

Any fool can see that yer a terrorist. :rolleyes:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 02:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

trained in lying perhaps?
if you wanna throw unprovoced insults, do it in the void.
cunt.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 02:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, I'm serious, EmTEE. Are sociopaths "trained"? Let's get down to this. Who can pass a lie detector... and WHY?

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 02:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Coward.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 03:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Case summed up in two panels:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 04:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

Also, truth is a subjective thing. Hook up three bystanders to a car accident on lie detectors and ask em what happened, you'll get slightly different statements and the machine won't go beepbeep. As for progress, i did read something about an Israeli software company developing a program that analyses your facial movements and tone of voice on top of what a regular lie detector does, supposedly it has much better results. But yeah, still... if you'd use one on a psychopath i bet you'll get freaky weird results :)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 06:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No motive. Not guilty.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love that last night when people were flipping out online was the first I'd ever heard of this. I'd apparently read one article once about it, without even knowing what it was talking about.

I wish I was even trying to act like a smart ass. But it was just surreal watching people talk like they'd witnessed the murder because they read CNN, or wherever people get told things these days.

(I'm not trying to be a hipster-no-TV asshole, I just have been religiously removing distractions from my life since I started working a telecommuting position from home, so TV hasn't been present for a couple of months -- missing something like this entirely that so many people seem to give a shit about is a weird experience).

And FFS, rage comics here?

Related: http://partialobjects.com/2011/07/they- ... -cover-up/

Quote:
Do you believe Casey Anthony killed Caylee? Do you believe O.J. killed his ex-wife? You believe this not based on the stories delivered at trial but based on the one delivered in the media. The frustration you feel is that their guilt has gone unpunished. But you do not believe the crime is unsolved. The first function of the meta-narrative of the case is to restore in the public’s mind the false idea that: there is a truth that is knowable, that we know it, and that all that has happened in the court case is that the justice machine has slightly malfunctioned.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 08:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually, I believe OJ killed his ex-wife because I read Vincent Bugliosi's book, not because of the festival of assclowns that was on TV at the time. I don't know anything about the Casey Anthony bullshit and I don't really care.

So are you just trying to be a hipster-no-rage-comics asshole?

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hadn't heard of it either. Don't really care about her or OJ.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 09:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol you guys are too cool for school...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and of course xer0s is the one that feels the need to defend tv sensationalism.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

festival of assclowns :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah yes, because that's what I'm doing...

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol...go0f has been watching this made-for-tv Casey Anthony murder circus like a bored housewife...prolly picking his feet while doing it...

what a fagg0t...

fuck u...

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
and of course xer0s is the one that feels the need to defend tv sensationalism.

You're confusing him with eFooL.

However, since they're both complete retards I can see the reason for the mix up.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.