Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Anyone watch "Robot Chicken"?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Anyone watch "Robot Chicken"?

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 08:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cartoon Network, [adult swim] sunday nights. It's a 15-20 minute show using action figures, pretty damn funny. It's a great laugh for anyone into late 80's and early 90's tv series they also bust on a ton of new shows as well. Stars action figures like HE-Man, skelator, cobra commander, william shatner, gumby, etc...

Check it out it's just the type of humor some of you guys here are into.

Some info and links

http://www.tvtome.com/RobotChicken/
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/robotchicken/index.html

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

on another note, howz that wireless system treating you? i almost succumbed to it the other evening for $139 (not including the receiver for home stereo).

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 08:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Everything is great a few notes that they don't make people aware of, but are known issues, confirmed by tech support.

Simple Center Software (required for syncing and streaming)
  • upon startup eats 70MB of system memory and could spike to 180MB
  • cannot handle over 10,000 songs
  • computer is useless when synchronizing Car's drive over USB
    -system specs AMD 2400+ 1.5gig of ram

Streaming to the home uint causes no noticable lag on the pc and can stream for hours with no issues, just don't try to stream while it is wirelessly syncing the car. I get random BSODs, so I set my sync time to 12:00am (when I am not streaming)

The car unit kicks ass, it stays active for about 10 minutes after you shut the car off so within that time you do not have to wait for the 20 second boot time. It will remember where you were in a song or playlist until you sync, then it seems to start back at the main screen.

output on the DMP1 (car unit) is around 3V most FM modulators and some radios only take 500mv signals so you need to lover the input to avoid massive distortion. I rigged a volume control from a gaming headset to adjust the output levels.

[lvlshot]http://pages.prodigy.net/dpfalandys/llama/Omnifi/leveladjust.jpg[/lvlshot]

I have been getting a temperature out of range message for about 10 seconds when the outside air is below 50F, then it goes away and works as normal. I hope thi isnt an issue in the winter :/

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 08:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh its an ok show.. its slowly shaping up into something funny..

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 08:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
Everything is great a few notes that they don't make people aware of, but are known issues, confirmed by tech support.

Simple Center Software (required for syncing and streaming)
  • upon startup eats 70MB of system memory and could spike to 180MB
  • cannot handle over 10,000 songs
  • computer is useless when synchronizing Car's drive over USB
    -system specs AMD 2400+ 1.5gig of ram

Streaming to the home uint causes no noticable lag on the pc and can stream for hours with no issues, just don't try to stream while it is wirelessly syncing the car. I get random BSODs, so I set my sync time to 12:00am (when I am not streaming)

The car unit kicks ass, it stays active for about 10 minutes after you shut the car off so within that time you do not have to wait for the 20 second boot time. It will remember where you were in a song or playlist until you sync, then it seems to start back at the main screen.

output on the DMP1 (car unit) is around 3V most FM modulators and some radios only take 500mv signals so you need to lover the input to avoid massive distortion. I rigged a volume control from a gaming headset to adjust the output levels.

[lvlshot]http://pages.prodigy.net/dpfalandys/llama/Omnifi/leveladjust.jpg[/lvlshot]

I have been getting a temperature out of range message for about 10 seconds when the outside air is below 50F, then it goes away and works as normal. I hope thi isnt an issue in the winter :/

very interesting, thanks for your comments.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The first episode was the best....the medley of robots falling down....then the rest of the episodes went downhill so I stopped watching it.

It's all about south park anyways...

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 03:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it is all about southpark, but Robot Chicken is the funniest 15 minutes on TV right now!

PostPosted: 05-06-2005 03:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and Aqua Teen Hunger Force....omfg aqhf just kills me with funneh bombs

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ATHF is great, especially when ignicknock and err are on, but sometimes, bleah, too much people without skin! lol

PostPosted: 05-06-2005 03:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...SPACECATAZ...

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah Robot Chicken is good stuff, mostly. They do have their moments where their stuff is incredibly unfunny(Like that one with Walt Disney and Elian Gonzalez). The ones with classic 80's toys are almost always gold. Up until this show I thought Seth Green had no talent.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 05-07-2005 05:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chojin wrote:
yeah Robot Chicken is good stuff, mostly. They do have their moments where their stuff is incredibly unfunny(Like that one with Walt Disney and Elian Gonzalez). The ones with classic 80's toys are almost always gold. Up until this show I thought Seth Green had no talent.

Gotta give Seth some credit for landing a gig on Family Guy

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 05-07-2005 04:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

robot chicken has its moments.... pretty hit or miss, some bits are retardedly funny, others are just retarded.
not a bad show though... light years better than the aforementioned aqua teen hunger force.... god that show is horrible.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Season 1 episode 7 is fucking funny with the sci-fi convention. :lol:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.