Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Movie Theories

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Movie Theories

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The recent spate of movie threads has made me want to dissect movies a little more...exploring such things as how and why movies were made a certain way....including why the director's cuts typically add shots and scenes that aren't in the finished movie.

Here's my movie theory on the movie Star Wars Empire Strikes Back:

When they penned the story for the second movie they had to accomodate Mark Hamill's quick and horrifiying bout of ugliness that he had gone through after A New Hope.

The man had literally aged 84 years in the short span between the ending of filming the first movie and the script reading of the second. Mark Hamill was no longer the youthful, baby-faced kid they hired on for A New Hope.

Now they had spent all this money on special effects but the budget just couldn't handle a blue screening of Mr. Hamill's face in every shot of the new movie with footage from the first movie. It was prohitively expensive back then.

So they made the snow beast maul his face straight off the bat. They first covered his face with a snow mask and made the setting extremely cold...so that it looked like Mark Hamill was whincing from the cold when uncovered his face. That was the first thing they did to help explain his ugliness. Then of course a few seconds later they instructed the snow beast to maul him so that they could put him in a tank (which again hid the ugly with refraction) when he got rescued. Then everything was neatly wrapped up in the recovery room where Luke - for the first of many times - had the urge to stick his tongue into his sister's mouth.

The "Enhanced Version".

I feel they deliberately put in more CG shots of Bespin and the like to get more content into SW: ESB without showing more shots of Mark Hamill's sudden ugly.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He was in a car accident.

I wouldnt worry about ti, when they make Eps 7-9 theyll replace all the heads in 4-6 with the fuckers who'll play them.

Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nerd

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

blood.angel wrote:

Was he in another car accident between Ep 5 and 6? Cause he got uglier still.

blood.angel wrote:
I wouldnt worry about ti, when they make Eps 7-9 theyll replace all the heads in 4-6 with the fuckers who'll play them.

Actually at that time George will refuse to work with humans and go all CG.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 02:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will he be allowed to make movies in the looney bin? Because in light of what he's done he needs to be fucking comitted.
I can see him now, making Jedi out of his own turds and battling them with his meat saber.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 03:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

See the thing is the writers got back at Mark Hamill for turning ugly.

Originally Hoth was supposed to be a paradise world with beaches and hot-bitch massages. But Hamill's ugliness proved too much for the actresses slated to work with him.

So for retribution, the writers ensured Mark Hamill was punished by ending the movie with him getting flushed out the proverbal toilet of Bespin city and landing balls first (twice) onto a communications antenna.

Payback is a bitch.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
Will he be allowed to make movies in the looney bin? Because in light of what he's done he needs to be fucking comitted.

What did he do? :icon28:

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 04:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Umm, Episodes I & II? Edited re-re-releases of IV-VI?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 04:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And - as crazy as he is - probably voted for Bush.

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

probably not! :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 12:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
blood.angel wrote:

Was he in another car accident between Ep 5 and 6? Cause he got uglier still.

blood.angel wrote:

Actually at that time George will refuse to work with humans and go all CG.

mark hamill once said that if "george lucas could just do his movies without the use of actors, he would" :icon19:

i have to say btw - blasphemy as it may sound - the dvd version of the movies are very acceptable. they're not the 1997 special editions where the cg wasnt quite good enough yet to make it look good - they are actually done nicely. jabba the hutt in A New Hope actually looks like he's there.

although the ending of ROTJ was very much not needed :S

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 01:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what's the ending - plz tell me because i allways liked starwars but would not bother to buy the dvds or warez0r them.

btw - lol: "him getting flushed out the proverbal toilet of Bespin city and landing balls first (twice) onto a communications antenna." :smirk:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 01:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in the dvd version they changed anakin's spirit to the hobo who plays anakin in episode3 instead of the old guy who was darth vader 10 minutes before.

oh and the emperor was changed in the dvd versions, but thats not too bad

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 02:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw 'Dodgeball' last night and my theory about this movie is that it was pretty goddamn funny.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 03:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PATCHES O'HOOLIHAN!!!

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 03:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Patches had me in stitches, jesus christ what a wonderful character :icon19:

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 03:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."
*WHACK!*

:lol:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 06:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"If you can dodge a car, you can dodge a ball."

God
God
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 08:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love the part in "A New Hope" where the stormtrooper creams his head on the top of a door.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i read it was acidently :)

God
God
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 11:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no? do you think?
I thought it added great insight into why the emperor had taken on the sith ideology and how his ideals reflected on the working conditions within the deathstar.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 12:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jackal wrote:
no? do you think?
I thought it added great insight into why the emperor had taken on the sith ideology and how his ideals reflected on the working conditions within the deathstar.

:icon19:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Speaking of working conditions....catwalks crossing eleventy billion story dropoffs with no hand rails.

Not even a single "Warning: Falling to death will kill you" sign posted in the Death Star.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.