Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        GTA V

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: GTA V

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-30-2013 03:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gfx aren't important, so I've heard

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-30-2013 06:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm almost convinced Trevor is one of the greatest video game characters ever. And the guy that did the acting and voice over did such an amazing job...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 12:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like Michael.
note: haven't encountered Trevor yet, just got a hold of Lester.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 01:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They're all the shit, including Lester, black dude is a little boring maybe but he has his moments.

Don't think Xeros is far wrong though, Trev is one my favourite characters in a long, long time. His intro is pretty epic n all :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 05:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

headsup, gta online is live starting today.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 06:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, one of Trev's hairstyles is an epic mullet. That should have been his default hairstyle. I played with it all through the game :D

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 10:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh shit, I need to get Tevor to the barber.

How's the online gameplay? I'm anxious to get home and try it out...

Last edited by xer0s on 10-01-2013 12:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 11:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From what I'm reading it looks pretty awesome.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 02:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, it took me a few tries for the GTA cloud to respond, and now that I'm in I can't launch a session. I'm sure the servers are bogged down, which is understandable. Good thing there's plenty of single player action while they get everything sorted...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 08:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NEWS FLASH: Hugely popular video game's online lauch bogged down by developers underestimating demand! :rolleyes:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 09:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck EA

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 09:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
NEWS FLASH: Hugely popular video game's online lauch bogged down by developers underestimating demand! :rolleyes:

They didn't underestimate anything. They even said they expected things to be rough at launch. They're not gonna launch servers for all the peeps who are trying the game twice and then never again.

On that note, MS wasn't quite prepared at all and all that traffic crashed a few of the Live services.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 10-02-2013 01:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Frankly, with the enormous number of copies sold already, it would be an amazing feat if <s>Rockstar</s> MS was able to flawlessly accomodate everyone from the getgo, let alone guarantee it.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was something to that extent in the EULA.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-02-2013 02:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A bug in GTAO stops people from being able to accept missions in the SP campaign.
oops.

ps3 only bug btw.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 10-02-2013 03:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not MP only missions?
That would be sloppy.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-04-2013 03:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like the timeout issues are a problem on Sony's (and Microsoft's, as mentioned above) end, not Rockstar's

Quote:
For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-04-2013 04:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, they say they'll have an update for download sometime today...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-10-2013 06:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Torture mission really killed my buzz

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-10-2013 07:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it was pretty brutal...

The game is amazing. I've been playing some online with a few friends. Super fun...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-11-2013 10:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-11-2013 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hear the multiplayer is just a bunch of griefing.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-11-2013 11:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if you're not in a clan, yeah.

well actually. theres the missions/gametypes MP, and theres the freeroam MP. the freeroam is, at it's core, a lobby system where you team up and join missions, and in this freeroam city you're gonna get killed/run over/mugged/chased endlessly without any reason nor gain for the other players.
comparable to RocketArena during Arena Select, come to think of it.

so yea. griefers unite. till you get some serious folks who actually want to play the game as intended. then it's a-ok.
prolly gets better after the next cod game gets released. then all the griefers will move on to the next bro-game.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-11-2013 11:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Multiplayer is great. But, I've also only played with people I know, so I haven't experienced the random kills that you'd see on public servers...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-18-2013 02:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played online for the first time last night and had a blast. Seriously the MP on this game kicks ass.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-21-2013 06:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So do you guys have a quake 3 crew created or something? I've just been hijacking fighter jets and collecting bounties on people. The WTF reactions when getting attacked by a fighter jet are pretty awesome.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-29-2013 01:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grand Theft Auto 5 ships 29 million units to retail

That's incredible

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-30-2013 05:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it's a pretty active game atm. I can't get enough of it, I think I barely moved from the couch all weekend. Lost a car and 140k to a bug in the game though which sucked. Can't wait for the DLC to hit in the next week or so. (free dlc btw)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-30-2013 06:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finished the main story a couple days ago. Now I'm just sandboxing and buying up properties. I think it says I'm around 80% complete. I guess the other 20% are races, skydives, and random events?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-30-2013 06:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mostly yeah, I haven't touched the single player game since I started playing online.

The online shenanigans are too much fun.

You can have lots of fun with the cargobob helicopter btw. picking up randomg peeps who go afk then dropping them in the ocean/on top of buildings is amusing as hell.

There was this one guy robbing a store and I saw his getaway vehicle parked near the doors so I picked it up and just went up with it. When he got back out I'm sure he could see it was still in the same spot on the map but the car was gone. the WTF that ensued was hilarious until I dropped it on him.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-02-2013 05:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stupid girl

Quote:
*Lindsay Lohan sets lawyers on Grand Theft Auto 5*

Actress believes game stole her likeness.

An American gossip site is reporting that actress Lindsay Lohan, [...], has instructed her lawyers to put together a lawsuits against Grand Theft Auto V developer Rockstar.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... eft-auto-5

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-02-2013 08:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That shits so last year

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 12-02-2013 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Stupid girl

Quote:
*Lindsay Lohan sets lawyers on Grand Theft Auto 5*

Actress believes game stole her likeness.

An American gossip site is reporting that actress Lindsay Lohan, [...], has instructed her lawyers to put together a lawsuits against Grand Theft Auto V developer Rockstar.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... eft-auto-5

lol what's she gonna do with the money if she wins? Get plastered in a club and pass out on a curb somewhere?

For someone so attractive, she's an ugly human being.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-02-2013 10:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She ain't gonna win anything. There's nothing in GTA V referecing her whatsoever. I heard it's in relation to the girl with the ifruit phone taking a selfie but that shot is modeled after an actual model that isn't lohan.

There's also a mission involving a young starlet but at no point did I think they were making fun of lohan. It's complete bullshit.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-02-2013 11:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The girl getting assfucked at the pool :olo:
Clearly this had happened to Lohan otherwise she wouldn't think it was about her.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 12-02-2013 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.