Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        GTA V

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: GTA V

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-15-2015 11:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that's what she said

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-15-2015 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm really liking the game so far overall. The walking/running controls seem a bit sluggish. But the graphics do look really nice.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 04-16-2015 04:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I'm really liking the game so far overall. The walking/running controls seem a bit sluggish. But the graphics do look really nice.

I agree, the do feel a bit sluggish, but I'm still really enjoying the game so far.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-16-2015 10:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game is so good. Online loading times suck big balls right now though. I hope they improve.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-17-2015 03:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From what I've seen they improve based on your internet connection. I've seen some occulus rift videos of this game which is making me consider buying a PC. It's already a lot of fun in first person view but in total VR would be pretty epic.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-17-2015 10:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

first person view sucks

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-17-2015 10:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? Why?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-17-2015 11:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It doesn't feel like GTA anymore and compared to other first person shooters it feels janky...so why bother.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-17-2015 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It works for indoors, in most areas and outside though it's just easier to keep on 3rd person. Being a passenger in a car and using the Uzi is winner though.

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 04-20-2015 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
It doesn't feel like GTA anymore and compared to other first person shooters it feels janky...so why bother.

I only got time to play the first mission so far and it pretty much feels like GTA IV. So far I really like it

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-22-2015 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
It works for indoors, in most areas and outside though it's just easier to keep on 3rd person. Being a passenger in a car and using the Uzi is winner though.

This is pretty much it. Its awesome to have when you need it.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 04-22-2015 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really suck at this game. I've had it for a while on PS3. There's so much hype going around because of the PC edition, I've decided to pick it up again.

How do I "complete" a stunt jump? There's a ramp near the airport. Do I need to slow down the camera or whatever?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-22-2015 12:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You need to land properly on whatever the jump is pointing towards. The airport ones are tricky I think one you have to land on the sign and the other the top of the ramp?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-22-2015 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never played a GTA game in my life... Am I normal?...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-22-2015 01:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get this one. You wont regret it.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-22-2015 11:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I done the heist with the hydra last night, what they do at the end is winner :D

This mission after when you have to stealth tho, I gave up after 45 mins because asshat team mates

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-23-2015 05:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Never played a GTA game in my life... Am I normal?...

Seriously dude, get this game it's a must have. There's something for everyone in that game.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-23-2015 05:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I doubt his pc would run it anyway.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 04-23-2015 07:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
You need to land properly on whatever the jump is pointing towards. The airport ones are tricky I think one you have to land on the sign and the other the top of the ramp?

oh ok. i'm not sure i'm aware at what the jump is pointing at, but i will look again. thanks!

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-23-2015 07:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Basically jump it as fast as you can (and land) and see if it's successful. If not try going slower. I got every jump done just a few days ago without trying to do them and I've been playing since launch.

Some are hard to find cause they're off mountains and there's no physical jump, it's just where the ground ends kinda deal.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 04-29-2015 06:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok cool. thanks for the suggestion!

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 04-29-2015 06:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok I'm bored and have no interest to keep playing after about 25%. They stuck me with Trevor, a character I don't like, made me do things I don't want to do, then don't let me switch to other characters. I want to just get on with the story but the game forces me to waste time with side missions. I don't give a fuck about side missions, I just want to play the story. Anything else literally feels like work to me and I CBA

edit: I also never finished arkham city for the same reason that I felt like I was compelled to do shit that felt like work

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-29-2015 02:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played through the story in a few days cause the online released a week later back when it came out for the 360.

The online is where this game shines in my opinion. GTA has always been a fun racer cause they do a good job with the physics of the game.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 05:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trevor is where the game really shines.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 06:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Absolutely. Can't understand why feedback doesn't like playing him. He's probably my favorite video game character ever.

Btw, you've got the Joaquin Phoenix look going on there...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

didn't buy it yet :rolleyes:

where are the movies.....

post it, bitches

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 07:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 07:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

game looks pfg on the pc

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I played through the story in a few days cause the online released a week later back when it came out for the 360.

The online is where this game shines in my opinion. GTA has always been a fun racer cause they do a good job with the physics of the game.

how many hours would you say a full playthrough takes?

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
game looks pfg on the pc

Awesome shots. I take it those are from a widescreen monitor? If so, how do you feel about widescreen vs. dual monitor setup?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 12:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In terms of real estate I could easily drop down to a single ultra wide over dual. I have a Dell U3415W and a ASUS PG278Q (G-SYNC) monitor. I would gladly sell them both when an Ultrawide G-SYNC monitor comes out. Right now for certain games I endure the screen tearing on the Dell because the ultra wide is that much better. I keep the ASUS around for first person shooters.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gotcha, interesting. I have yet to try an ultra wide monitor. Sounds promising.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 10:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft, I tried that Asus G-Sync and found the TN panel physically painful to use outside of games. I ended up returning it after 3 days. Do you similarly find the panel quality to be poor?

Don't get me wrong, I loved G-Sync, and am completely sold on the tech, but using the monitor made my eyes sore. I also found it impossible to calibrate the colour and while I'd heard about the poor viewing angles of TN panels, I wasn't prepared for exactly how bad they really were.

I'm toying with getting the Acer Predator XB270HU, which is IPS G-Sync, but would rather hear the opinion of someone who has had similar issues with the Asus.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-02-2015 12:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've had a TN and an IPS panel side by side for years now...an Apple Cinema IPS and a Samsung S27A950D before these. As far as TN panels go the ASUS is by far the best I've seen. Color shift really doesn't affect me once I'm sitting at my desk. The IPS is clearly the better choice but I don't necessarily go out of my way to do everything on it.

I've been looking at the Acer XR341CKA. I don't think I would ever buy a 16:9 monitor again.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-03-2015 03:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chupacabra wrote:

how many hours would you say a full playthrough takes?

That's a tough question. It took me maybe about 40 to finish the story but I didn't do every little thing. I never finished the epsilon quests although I have the rusty tractor.

it'd take hundreds of hours to do everything I suspect.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.