Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        it's official... we knew it was gonna happen

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Define real work Jackal?

God
God
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well kracus, when you were a kid and you were outside playing basketball and a friend came over and said to your mom "Where's sucrak?" would your mom ever say, "He's not here, he's working." ?

God
God
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

beyond that, let's say I was unemployed and collecting EI. Now if the government wants to make sure I'm making steps towards finding employment can I tell them , "Well I've been playing a lot of hockey." ?

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh I see so if you enjoy your job then it's not work? Cause yeah, I get taxed on money I get from sponsors, just like a job.

God
God
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

where did I say that sucrak?

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm just saying, your asking if you can go to the goverment and collect EI for playing a sport and yeah, if you get paid, you can collect EI. You get taxed on it just like any other job fuckwit.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People are sponsoring professional fuckheads now?

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Howard Stern.

straight at you
straight at you

The fact is that all the massive salaries are artificially inflated anyway. Meaning that, if it weren't for advertising, this wouldn't be an issue.

If you want to look at the really greedy bastards, look at the advertising executives, because they're the ones who have ruined the game for everybody.

Advertising and unchecked corporations destroy everything they touch, because they're both completely built on greed.

We can try to blame it on the players or the managers, but that's not much of a choice, since those are the guys who are actually doing what they enjoy most of the time, and letting us watch so we can enjoy it. The advertisers are the leeches in the equation, trying to make money off of someone else's work, and convincing us at the same time to buy what they're trying to sell us.

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Godamn man fucking stop being an idiot. Advertisers pay that ammount to advertsie because it helps them sell their products!!!!

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Holy shit you're stupid sometimes rook.

Please explain to me why I'm stupid.

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cause your points are so fucking ignorant you'd have to be stupid to make them.

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh and the fact you avoid any actual content of what I was typing and just pick at one thing that's so fucking obvious I didn't bother mentioning it because that's a fucking given.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Godamn man fucking stop being an idiot. Advertisers pay that ammount to advertsie because it helps them sell their products!!!!

Stop re-iterating everything I say and trying somehow to use it as an argument against me. Jesus. :icon27:

straight at you
straight at you

Kracus wrote:
Oh and the fact you avoid any actual content of what I was typing and just pick at one thing that's so fucking obvious I didn't bother mentioning it because that's a fucking given.

Like what? What are you talking about?

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
The fact is that all the massive salaries are artificially inflated anyway. Meaning that, if it weren't for advertising, this wouldn't be an issue.

If you want to look at the really greedy bastards, look at the advertising executives, because they're the ones who have ruined the game for everybody.

Advertising and unchecked corporations destroy everything they touch, because they're both completely built on greed.

We can try to blame it on the players or the managers, but that's not much of a choice, since those are the guys who are actually doing what they enjoy most of the time, and letting us watch so we can enjoy it. The advertisers are the leeches in the equation, trying to make money off of someone else's work, and convincing us at the same time to buy what they're trying to sell us.

Yeah I can see how our points are the same.

You're arguing that advertisers are greedy and pay a lot of money to advertise. :dork:

Why wouldn't they? Are you saying we should stop advertising from being able to advertise at a game or somehow caping the ammount they'll pay for an ad? Cause I mean honestly are you fucking joking cause that's the dumbest thing I've ever contemplated. And your talking to me here I contemplate stupid shit on a daily basis

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:

It's true they can only let so many in but that number of people will always be determined by the most skilled and the best players and the best players come from working hard to be the best. Wayne Gretzky wasn't born the greatest hockey player in the world he loved the sport and trained hard at it since he first set foot on the ice, which was probably 4.

And I was refering to this rook. You took the time to quote the rest but conveniently left this part out. There's always going to be a curve that determins who's good and who's not you're either on this curve or you're not. That's why everyone can't be a pro hockey player

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyway, I'm hungry, bbl.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
R00k wrote:

You're arguing that advertisers are greedy and pay a lot of money to advertise. :dork:

Why wouldn't they? Are you saying we should stop advertising from being able to advertise at a game or somehow caping the ammount they'll pay for an ad? Cause I mean honestly are you fucking joking cause that's the dumbest thing I've ever contemplated. And your talking to me here I contemplate stupid shit on a daily basis

I'm not saying we should stop advertising, quit being so fucking dense. I am just saying that they are just like ambulance-chasing lawyers, and they're the root of the problem, so there's no point in taking it out on the players or the managers.

Although the players and managers ARE being greedy, because they know how much money is in the game, and they want as much of it as they can have, even if it means killing the league and no longer being able to play.

What about that is so hard to understand?

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Kracus wrote:

It's true they can only let so many in but that number of people will always be determined by the most skilled and the best players and the best players come from working hard to be the best. Wayne Gretzky wasn't born the greatest hockey player in the world he loved the sport and trained hard at it since he first set foot on the ice, which was probably 4.

And I was refering to this rook. You took the time to quote the rest but conveniently left this part out. There's always going to be a curve that determins who's good and who's not you're either on this curve or you're not. That's why everyone can't be a pro hockey player

Yes, the curve is called TRAINING, which is why I pointed it out in my first post, because you ignored it.

Basically I said anyone with enough time and training could work their way up to the pros-- this is an exaggeration, by the way, knocking on the fact that you said YOU could do it, but there are still a LOT of other people who are just as good and as capable -- and you came back with "NO THEY CAN'T, IT TAKES TIME AND TRAINING!!!!!!"

To which I replied.... Yes, you idiot, that's what I said. :icon27:

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well there you go, if it's an exageration then you understand why I didn't agree with you. :dork:

Because no matter how many people train it'll always be the upper curve that'll get the spots that are available which was my point. Maybe if you hadn't been exagerating I would have agreed. :dork:

PostPosted: 02-16-2005 03:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
Kracus wrote:
R00k wrote:

I'm not saying we should stop advertising, quit being so fucking dense. I am just saying that they are just like ambulance-chasing lawyers, and they're the root of the problem, so there's no point in taking it out on the players or the managers.

Although the players and managers ARE being greedy, because they know how much money is in the game, and they want as much of it as they can have, even if it means killing the league and no longer being able to play.

What about that is so hard to understand?

They aren't though, it's the people that manage the money given to them by the advertisers that are the problem. The advertisers are just like a natural resource basicly, it's not their fault they'll pay these crazy ammounts to show their product it's because it's just buisness and buisness dictates that good marketing sells a product and they'll pay to market.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 03:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:

I'm not arguing the league is definitely hurt from this but honestly... I doubt it's the end of the NHL. It could be but I strongly doubt it.

Quite agreed. The cattle will trample each other to get back to the trough when play resumes.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus why did you stop cycling?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

was taking away from his time on the internet

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 02:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:

I'm going to guess...menopause?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 03:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
icehocky?

:icon19:

:lol:

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 11:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't get what's with all the anti-hockey posts here though. Hockey wins

PostPosted: 02-17-2005 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:

Well cycling costs a lot of money for travel and equipment and I wasn't exactly a rich kid when I was young. I worked so I could race but the work I did wasn't really something I enjoyed. So I decided to take a couple years off and go to college, it was just one of those stupid buisness college deals but I did learn quite a few things from it and even landed a job as a network admin for a school here in Saint-John.

Once I started college I never really had time to race at a national level although I did race at a regional level just around the province, something I might still do once in awhile for kicks but my dreams of making the Canada team are long gone. :(

I regret it a little but you know I made a choice and now I'm here. I miss that feeling of crossing a finishline first but it's been replaced with the feeling of having a lot of friends that like having you around and that's a pretty cool thing too.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what a retard :lol:

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 02:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know, I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think Krasuc could be a decent sort if you could somehow knock the stupid out of him.

PostPosted: 02-17-2005 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You just gotta learn to tell when I'm serious and when I'm not, I think you're alright too when you're not flaming for stupid reasons. I do it too so I'm probably as guilty as you are.

God
God
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 02:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus I think he was just making fun of you

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 03:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only partially. I don't buy the whole "Kracus internet persona" garbage for a minute, but he does have brief interludes of non-idiocy.

PostPosted: 02-17-2005 03:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think you're hopeless and very jaded. @ Jackal.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.