Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Mass Effect the Third

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Mass Effect the Third

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 02-15-2012 03:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I caved in and got the demo, but only played the opening segment. I don't want to ruin anything else.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-18-2012 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I refuse to play the demo, I don't want anything to be spoiled when I play it for the first time.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-18-2012 09:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

such bullshit it doesn't support a game pad on pc

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-18-2012 10:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there's an app for that.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-18-2012 10:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not one that works well. They need to do it properly and port over UI like Skyrim and most other games.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-18-2012 10:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol video games...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-18-2012 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
lol video games...

You're sounding like another in this forum :confused:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-18-2012 11:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great demo, awesome cut scenes intertwined with the gameplay. Can't wait for this one! :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-19-2012 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was a pretty good demo, I enjoyed playing. I'm sure I'll be getting this on the PC, but I'm wondering just how much I'll miss by not being able to use my 360 save file shit from the first 2 games.

Also, $60 for a PC game is lame. :down:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-19-2012 08:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The demo didn't use the save file from the previous 2, did it?

Edit: Nah, I guess that's why it asked us who died during ME2...

Also, Ashley got a makeover...:drool:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-19-2012 02:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The game starts with a Reaper attack on Vancouver. With all the explosions and chaos in the streets it looked no different than the Canucks losing in the finals again.

Also lol @ Bioware for blatantly stealing the bootstomp feature from Dead Space...at least they had it in the trailer...fags.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-20-2012 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i played the demo, and I am somewhat unimpressed... lets just ignore how terribly aged the graphics look, but also I don't remember ME being so idiot proof....you can't accidentally 'fall' and something seriously bothers me with the half assed 3rd person perspective they have set up...just doesn't feel natural.

Also, everything seems so flat , especially the ambient sounds. It all just felt like it was missing layers of depth. The demo just felt like it was BETA. And omg what's with the forced gay music accompanying the scene with that kid in the vents?

First impression didn't go as expected.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-20-2012 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The kid in the vent was retarded; the forced guilt when he died didn't feel genuine. And I knew there was something off abotu the visuals, I just couldn't place it. But "flat" seems like the right description. There's a distinct lack of shadows and depth to the scenes. Hopefully it looks better in other areas of the game, and hopefully the visuals can be bumped up a bit in the final release (oh please God let me take advantage of my dual Radeon HD 6850's).

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-20-2012 04:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the 3rd person perspective didn't feel quite right. But I figured it would just taking some getting use to after playing 100+ hours of Skyrim...

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-20-2012 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
The kid in the vent was retarded; the forced guilt when he died didn't feel genuine.

You weren't supposed to feel guilt. You were supposed to agree with Shepard's earlier comment that no matter how hard you try, you can't save everyone.
Dunno why you felt guilt when the choice of saving the kid wasn't up to you. Perhaps less estrogen with your cereal?

Transient wrote:
(oh please God let me take advantage of my dual Radeon HD 6850's)

It has to run on a PS3 and XBox...fat chance your hardware gets a workout.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-20-2012 05:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Transient wrote:
The kid in the vent was retarded; the forced guilt when he died didn't feel genuine.

You weren't supposed to feel guilt. You were supposed to agree with Shepard's earlier comment that no matter how hard you try, you can't save everyone.
Dunno why you felt guilt when the choice of saving the kid wasn't up to you. Perhaps less estrogen with your cereal?

lol feeling guilty i see... at least now we know what dialogue option he went for... see transient , even if you had offered to help him, he still runs off and then dies.

lol transient, remind me not to get into difficult situations with you.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-20-2012 08:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hate kids.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-21-2012 03:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found pretty much every itteration of this game to be uninspiring and ultimately boring and felt more like being forced down a straight pipe.

Why this game gets so much credit is beyond me. Choppy graphics, bad texture loading lame story. Combat isn't really as good as it could be.

Oh wait... I know... Lesbian scene plus ass shot. Oh. THAT'S what it is.

Mass effect is a Mass turd imho. The only thing I did like about it was a Mako vehicle exploration and they took that out in the second one.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 02-21-2012 03:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's fast in danger of getting dumbed down to the point of stupidity. I literally cringed when I saw those gameplay options, letting your choose between "action" or "rpg" or whatever the hell they were. Batshit retardation right there.

I played through the opening segment twice, testing the "choices" you can make. The choices don't do jack shit. In fact, most of the consequence dialogue is the same regardless of what you choose.

Combat feels OK, but movement is still incredibly stiff for me. You get used to it, but once you've played a game like Dark Souls for a couple of hundred hours, it makes every other games combat + movement look terrible in comparison. Playing that ME3 demo was like being stuck in a rollercoaster with your passenger being sick in your face every couple of minutes. AND YOU CAN'T DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT.

Anyway, for me, ME3 was all about the universe itself and especially the characters. I love the quirky idiosyncrasies of each race and it's a lot of fun exploring the galaxy, meeting people and being a bastard to them. The demo can't really showcase that I've no doubt that they'll keep these ME charms for when we get to play the full game. I just hope that all the nightclubs and markets are still running, what with it being the end of the universe and all.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 02-22-2012 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-22-2012 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mass Effect is a pretty cool game eh makes nerds mad and doesn't afraid of anything.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 05:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Think i'll be skipping this one to be honest, the last one didn't even manage to get my full attention. Played through it once, got bored.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 06:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
So, day one 'DLC' of a Prothean character. Nothing major, just the involvement of a character from the thought to be extinct race that the entire fucking plot revolves around.
Fuck u Bioware.

good thing you spoiled it for everyone here then, douche

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 03:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I may complain about some shit here and there, but at the end of the day I really like the ME universe. I bought all of the DLC for the first 2 games and I'm sure I'll do the same for ME3 as well. It's hard for me to come by good RPGs nowadays, so I kind of sunk my teeth into Mass Effect.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*in b4 Mat Linnett's anti-ME tirade*

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 03:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eh? Where'd you get that idea from Mazda?
I loved the first 2 games, but I'm avoiding the thrid, mostly 'cos of Origin, but I won't rail against anyone else buying it.
To be honest, it really hard to resist, and I'd love to see how Shepard's story ends, but Bioware are now to EA as Blizzard are to Activision.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably these:

Mat Linnett wrote:
I suppose I'm really just a bit of an RPG snob, and I hate seeing games like Mass Effect and Fallout 3 being used to describe a genre they are as far from as it's possible to be without being called action games.
And while people think that this is what RPGs are, this is all we'll get.

Don't mind me, I just get a bit grumpy about "RPGs" these days.

Edit:
Or, to put it another way, I think genre homogenisation is a shit sandwich.

Mat Linnett wrote:
Oh yeah Grudge, as a game I enjoyed it, but I know for damn sure it ain't a proper role-playing game.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

come on, Origin couldn't be that bad. I had to download it just so i can try out the ME3 demo, and their GUI is actually pretty nice. At least visually and aesthetically, some other user experience interfaces out there could learn a thing or two from these guys. and who cares if there is shitty connections to servers, ME3 is a single player game....and don't start talking to me about achievements etc. tied to account data bullshit, cause I could care less about that.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 04:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Erm, how is that relevant Mazda? I even said in one of the quotes you posted that I enjoyed the game.
And Tsalaki, it's a personal thing. You're not going to persuade me otherwise. It never ceases to amaze me when people take someone's negative personal opinion of a game (or platform in Origin's case) as an affront.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 04:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

k so it has some multiplayer too...fuck off. the main game is SP

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 05:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The problem with Origin is that it reports back to EA's home base servers info about all the games installed on your machine...pirated or legit. Piracy debate aside it's nobody's business which games or other software I have installed on my machine.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 05:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i fucking loved the second one, but i played it right after the first. been hanging out for this. even tho i have to install fuckin origin :mad:

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After BF3 I won't be buying any more games with origin. I will pirate ME3 though to try it. :up:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-23-2012 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try it hard core

PostPosted: 02-23-2012 10:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

will try it... try it real good

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.