Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Path of Exile

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Path of Exile

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-25-2012 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, this is another ARPG currently under development. They're having an open beta/stress test this weekend:

http://www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/

This is supposed to be Dark and Gritty [TM] and actually looks pretty interesting. They have fairly novel ideas on skills, gear and currency. The game is free as well, and will be supported by what the developers call "ethical microtransactions".

Quote:
To fund the development and maintenance costs of the project, we plan to let players purchase aesthetic perks for their characters such as:

Additional character animations (for example, taunts or PvP victory animations)
Dyes and item skins
Alternate spell effects
Social pets
We will also offer some optional paid services such as:

Inter-realm/inter-account character transfers
Character renaming
You’ll notice nothing in the list above confers an actual gameplay advantage.

If they can stick true to this ideal [i.e. no gameplay advantage by spending monies], that'd be great.

FAQ: http://www.pathofexile.com/faq/
Developer Diary: http://www.pathofexile.com/news/dev-diary/

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-25-2012 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea pretty psyched for TL2 as well. I've heard that combat in Path of Exile is pretty stiff and slow.

edit: This beta/stress weekend will be a decent opportunity to evaluate whether it's worth the time.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-25-2012 05:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From the gameplay I've seen, it looks like they were greatly inspired by Diablo I. Combat, animations, atmosphere. I'm keeping an eye on the game, and I'll be playing the Beta for sure. :up:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-27-2012 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a very roughly built game, and yea the combat is dreary. Will be giving this one a miss, bring on TL2.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.