Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Quick vote: Do you think D3 is a good game?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 

Rate from 0(sucks) to 5(perfect).
5  5%  [ 1 ]
4  10%  [ 2 ]
3  30%  [ 6 ]
2  25%  [ 5 ]
1  30%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 20
Topic Starter Topic: Quick vote: Do you think D3 is a good game?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-04-2012 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey guys ~ I've played the game quite a bit (~ 70h) and i just wanted to get your numerical input on this. Do you think it's a good game?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-04-2012 03:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Personally - 3/5

- I think the game lacks soul - something the first two had lots of.
- The storyline is weak and generic. D2 did better in this compartment.
- Execution / Polish is superb - as always with blizzard games.
- The leveling/progression system is boring. It's designed with the endgame in mind and is not very engaging while leveling up your character. Spending skillpoints (D2) was the better option.
- Feels like a rehash of D2: Act1 Tristram, Act2 Desert,
-> D2 innovated over D1; D3 did not innovate over D2

I think Blizzard was given the benefit of being considered one of the best game-companies there is in to many ratings; hence the hight metascore.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-04-2012 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol...I read the thread title, voted thinking I was voting on Doom 3 and then read your second post (after thinking you were a moron for playing Doom 3 for 70 hours in your first post).

And I rated Doom 3 at a 2-out-of-5. :down:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-04-2012 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doom 3 is awesome, go to hell :down:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-04-2012 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
lol...I read the thread title, voted thinking I was voting on Doom 3 ...

I will allow this.

D3 = doom 3 should take precedence in these forums over any other abbreviation.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-04-2012 04:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thought the moron meant Doom 3 also.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-04-2012 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doom 3 was kinda boring. Too many monster closets. Also everything was too shiny.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-04-2012 05:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played it almost through Nightmare before I quit. I just lost interest...

Also, you didn't give us an option for 0(sucks) in the poll...

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 09-04-2012 06:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diablo 3 is a pile of shit.

Worst full price video game I've ever purchased.

Ignoring the fact they were too slow with the patching, which did fix some issues, the thing that they will never patch is it just isn't fun.

I remember the release of Diablo 2, because my friend and I stayed up the whole weekend playing in shifts. It was awesome. I didn't get too into the multiplayer scene at the time, but I still sunk a lot of hours into that game.

Diablo 3 feels like a 3rd party knock-off. I think I even liked Torchlight better. I've enjoyed Blizzard's games ever since Warcraft 2, given them hundreds of dollars and up until recently never had any regrets.

I think they've lost their way. I will never pre-purchase a game from them again, and unless they start releasing demos, I probably won't purchase another Blizzard game unless someone whose opinion I trust greatly has played through the whole game and wholeheartedly recommends it.

I'm not going to blame Activision for it, but I do wonder where their heart has gone. They either lost a lot of great talent in recent years or all their top people are working on that Titan thing, whatever it is.

P.S. Doom 3 > Diablo 3

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 09-05-2012 06:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So a game that gives you 70 hours of playing time isn't good? Why are you playing so long if it isn't good? The problem isn't that the game is bad, people are expecting way too much.

I'll agree that D3 has its issues in terms of longevity and end-game fun, but they have addressed some of them and will continue to. And I'm pretty sure D2 didn't launch in a perfect state with LoD already rolled into it. Diablo is a game you go through periods of addiction with. Eventually you're going to get bored with what is available and eventually you'll get the urge to come back and see what's new. I would have came back after the paragon patch if I weren't trying to focus on Darksiders 2 before the WoW expansion drops.

I give it a 4/5 because honestly any game I can put ~250 hours into deserves that.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-05-2012 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
So a game that gives you 70 hours of playing time isn't good?

yes; the first playthrough was ok (nothing spectacular) but while leveling i was actually properly bored at some points (lvl 45-60) ~ i hoped the endgame would make up for it. it did not.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-05-2012 11:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
D3 = doom 3 should take precedence in these forums over any other abbreviation.

This.

Fuck u, Pext.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-05-2012 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that was a close one i had a rage on!

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 09-05-2012 09:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Descent 3 is older than DOOM3

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-06-2012 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is descent 3 any good? i loved part 1 / 2 (part 2 was basically just an expansion if i remember it right)

oh yeah!
oh yeah!
PostPosted: 09-07-2012 05:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diablo 3 > Doom 3

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.