Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Booted From Office

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Booted From Office

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 09:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? I heard a lot about that guy, what for?

edit: read it up, conflict of interest.

That guy is a stubborn blowhard and I guess his stubbornness finally caught up. What gets me is why people in Americuh can't be caught like this? Is it really hard to find a conflict of interest with guys like Boehner and Romney?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's a 6 year-old boy in a fat, older man's body with the emotional stability of a child and, unsurprisingly, he approaches problems with the same mental capacity. He's the perfect "Eric Cartman" of municipal politics.

I don't think there's anyone in Toronto who actually knows how he won election, but somehow he did.

Last edited by GONNAFISTYA on 11-26-2012 09:22 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 09:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been laughing all day :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 09:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Old

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 10:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
I've been laughing all day :up:

:olo: here as well, bout time

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rob Ford is Rush Limbaugh's long-lost soul brother...

....and even Woody Harrelson gives his thoughts on Rob Ford :p

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
I don't think there's anyone in Toronto who actually knows how he won election, but somehow he did.

Because he played to the populist vote by basing his election campaign on promising a million things that he couldn't possibly deliver on like reducing the budget without cutting services, and building a subway line under every major road and thinking he could miraculously fund it by getting the private sector to dump free money on the project... because we all know how much corporations love to just give money away.

Rob Ford is all about big talk with complete ignorance as to how the real world works and with zero effort in pulling his lard encrusted ass out into some kind of reason or learning how things work. It's the same reason why he has gotten himself into this situation, he didn't bother reading what is essentially a mayor's training manual and claiming ignorance is his only defense. The word for that is, 'incompetence'.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, fuckin degenerate.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Because he played to the populist vote by basing his election campaign on promising a million things that he couldn't possibly deliver on like reducing the budget without cutting services, and building a subway line under every major road and thinking he could miraculously fund it by getting the private sector to dump free money on the project... because we all know how much corporations love to just give money away.

Rob Ford is all about big talk with complete ignorance as to how the real world works and with zero effort in pulling his lard encrusted ass out into some kind of reason or learning how things work. It's the same reason why he has gotten himself into this situation, he didn't bother reading what is essentially a mayor's training manual and claiming ignorance is his only defense. The word for that is, 'incompetence'.

So he governed exactly like a right-winger would...by playing to people's lizard brain? And Torontonians - who most people thought were some of the most progressive people in the country - fell for it hook, line and sinker? I'm guessing only the stupid people voted in the election.

I'm essentially being forced to acknowledge that Torontonians are some of the dumbest human beings who ever lived...particularly when they still believe the Maple Leafs are an NHL team.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well he looks like a fat fuck and no mistake

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
obsidian wrote:

So he governed exactly like a right-winger would...by playing to people's lizard brain? And Torontonians - who most people thought were some of the most progressive people in the country - fell for it hook, line and sinker? I'm guessing only the stupid people voted in the election.

I'm essentially being forced to acknowledge that Torontonians are some of the dumbest human beings who ever lived...particularly when they still believe the Maple Leafs are an NHL team.

Surprise surprise, he was elected by the suburbanites.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
well he looks like a fat fuck and no mistake

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what a fat fuck, verbal assault :olo:

he even quit trying to lose weight.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-26-2012 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's Eric Cartman.

nuff said...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 10:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa that guy is a fucki g idiot

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

david cameron just hired a canadian to run the bank of england

britain is fucked :olo:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy shit this guy is awesome :D

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 01:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's like watching a Chris Farley skit in SNL.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 02:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

So why was Canada one of the least affected by the recession? :dork:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 02:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
seremtan wrote:

So why was Canada one of the least affected by the recession? :dork:

lol...nationality has nothing to do with corporate policy you utter moron. Are you saying that, because he's Canadian, that somehow that means he'd be bringing all of Canada's banking laws with him and over-ride British banking law?

Yeah...... :dork:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 02:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No but I'm assuming they chose him because our banks did well in the recession. Not because he's a complete fucking tool or does that seem completely unreasonable to you?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 02:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kracus is of course referring to the 'canada gene', which all canadians are born with, and which gives its possessors a higher-than-average love of hockey, pillow-biting and fiscal discipline

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

find me a jew

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
No but I'm assuming they chose him because our banks did well in the recession.

....does that seem completely unreasonable to you?

Yes. It's completely unreasonable to make that assumption.

Why would you even begin down that train of thought anyway? Are you stupid or sumthin?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
find me a jew

lol exactly

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait... he coaches football? :olo:

Here is a lulzy good summary of Rob Ford's exploits for the non-Torontonians:
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/toronto- ... f-all-time

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-27-2012 05:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Here is a lulzy good summary of Rob Ford's exploits for the non-Torontonians:
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/toronto- ... f-all-time

:up:

lol @ the football legend

Canada is balls-deep in stupid mayors the last several years. Winnipeg's Sam Katz has been corrupt since the moment he tried tying city property and his baseball team to manipulate the city to his benefit and then continue helping his baseball team as Mayor. He keeps getting re-elected because Winnipeg is a selfish, predominantly dumb redneck town like any other city west of the Manitoba/Ontario border.

Here's an article on how the Mayor of Montreal and Laval (Laval is basically a suburb of Montreal) were both found with their hands in the cookie jar with mafia construction companies and are falling on their faces:

Quebec's Mafia Corruption Is All Out In the Open

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-28-2012 01:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I suppose Rob Ford has the advantage of just being completely ignorant and incompetent. Say what you will about him, at least he isn't a crook, unlike many other Canadian mayors in the news of late.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-29-2012 03:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
I suppose Rob Ford has the advantage of just being completely ignorant and incompetent. Say what you will about him, at least he isn't a crook, unlike many other Canadian mayors in the news of late.

Well...today you're correct about him. But I have no doubt if he had more time and became more entrenched he'd be one of the crookederiststs. The dumb ones are always the most ostentasously crooked. That's why prisons are full of dumb people.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-30-2012 08:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-30-2012 08:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Angry at Parker’s admonishments for him to sit down and stop yelling when it wasn’t his turn to speak, the mayor’s brother, Councillor Doug Ford, yelled at Parker: “Why don’t you shut up and sit down?”

:olo: What a bunch of five year olds. Fuckin hell. "waahh! Waahhh! Waahh!"

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 11-30-2012 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

christmas came early, thank you ford for the lulz

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-16-2013 06:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.