Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Games you're excited about...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Games you're excited about...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, what games are you excited to play? Post info about the game, screenshots, trailers, etc.

Hardware: Shipbreakers

The original creators of the Homeworld series left Relic to form Blackbird Interactive, and this is their first project. It is clearly very Homeworld-inspired. The general premise for this RTS that you drive around on the desert planet in giant vehicles salvaging derelict space craft for resources and technology upgrades to build up your army and supposedly fight off some enemy intent on killing you. As with Homeworld, amazing concept art and digitally painted trailers. It's almost a Homeworld prequel. Since THQ IP's are up for grabs soon, maybe Blackbird will pick up Homeworld and give it to us as a true continuation of the franchise.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I personally am waiting for the next SimCity game so I can spend my money on a product that doesn't work until much later after I buy it and, as a reward for waiting for a broken game to be fixed, I have the privilege to purchase the next upcoming DLC/imbedded commercial. :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 10:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After the release of Bioshock Infinite (which I still have to play) there really are no games I'm totally stoked about. Watch_Dogs looks interesting but it's not like I'm all over it with anticipation. Mainstream gaming is really starting to bore me.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm waiting for Neverwinter so I can get my MMO fix. And Watch Dogs seems cool. That's about it.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 11:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Half Life 3

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

next cod?...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
So, what games are you excited to play? Post info about the game, screenshots, trailers, etc.

Hardware: Shipbreakers

^ this ^

already signed up for beta test

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Half Life 3

Is that even going to get made? I heard rumors, but that's it.

I'm definitely waiting for that game...if it ever comes.

Oh and I might try Elder Scrolls Online....maybe.

Last edited by GONNAFISTYA on 04-04-2013 11:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 11:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

new rule, the game has to be officially announced.
otherwise, HL4 and Portal 7!!1one

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DayZ standalone

also Half-Life 2 Ep 3. fuck da MKJ police

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 12:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I'm waiting for Neverwinter...

Uh wut?

Edit: From wiki...

Neverwinter is a standalone game and not part of the previous Neverwinter Nights series

Oh, nevermind...

Last edited by xer0s on 04-04-2013 12:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 12:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

Oh and I might try Elder Scrolls Online....maybe.

This...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Transient wrote:
I'm waiting for Neverwinter...

Uh wut?

Edit: From wiki...

Neverwinter is a standalone game and not part of the previous Neverwinter Nights series

Oh, nevermind...

Don't you just love it when game makers can't think of an original title and resort to using older series' names from the franchise and just dropping the last word/number from the end?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 01:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, yes I do...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reboot!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Modern Battlefield: Medal of Duty 5

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 07:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How about some new IPs instead of sequel sequel sequel?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 09:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But... why not go with a sure thing? :miffed:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 09:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Don't you just love it when game makers can't think of an original title and resort to using older series' names from the franchise and just dropping the last word/number from the end?

"Neverwinter" is actually the name of a city in the Forgotten Realms D&D setting, and an important one at that.
Using it's name does not automatically imply connection to the game Neverwinter Nights. there has been games (anf books) before that one game and there will be games and books after that game.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 11:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know plenty about Neverwinter, but this game has about as much to do with the city it got its name from than Neverwinter Nights did.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 01:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No games i'm stoked about at the moment. The new Thief game has my interest (but won't be out till 2015 or something) and also Watch Dogs, but that's all i can think of.

There's a few games i'll likely snatch up when the price comes down, like Dishonored and the new Bioshock. Can't be arsed to pay full price for games anymore, just don't game that much these days.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 01:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2014 for Thief. current screenshots suggest first person only, which troubles me.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 01:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ohh 2014, good news. It switches to third person when you do acrobatic shizzles, i read on rockpapershotgun. And when you do stealthy leany things against a wall, it shows hands and stuff, which sounds rather nice imo.

Why does 1st person trouble you anyways..? It's the same in the old Thiefs, amirite?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04 ... ook-thief/

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 02:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Ohh 2014, good news. It switches to third person when you do acrobatic shizzles, i read on rockpapershotgun. And when you do stealthy leany things against a wall, it shows hands and stuff, which sounds rather nice imo.

Why does 1st person trouble you anyways..? It's the same in the old Thiefs, amirite?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04 ... ook-thief/

Thief3 was both third and first person. I prefer third in stealthies.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 03:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GTA5

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 04:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
GTA5

Yes.
SplinterCell Blacklist I'm still on the fence about. Conviction was aight but it wasn't SplinterCell.

Apart from that, not too much I think. We just had a batch of games - Tomb Raider was high on my list. The next wave of games looks to be generic and/or unneeded reboot-sequels.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
I despise when FPS games constantly and needlessly zoom out to 3rd person; Deus Ex was a twat for this. I don't mind canned anims that much in 3rd person games, but fuck off changing my viewpoint back and bloody forth.

"Out of body experiences". It's even worse when it occurs during a cut scene because you're like, "Whoa, why am I floating over these people. Who's that guy standing there... oh shit, that's me. Fucking OoBE cutscene!" It ruins immersion, the point of a FPS game is that you are the main character and in real life our eyeballs don't magically pop out our heads and float around.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-11-2013 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah, i just thought of another: Total War Rome 2

They just released this insanely huge and mouthwatering screenshot: http://tww-data.s3.amazonaws.com/panorama2/index.html

It looks delicious, hope i can get into it. The Total War series always clicked with me on some weird fundamental level, i could spend countless hours building up my empire and launching major invasions, building up my cities, nursing my economy, building temples and then realize with a shock it was 05:00 and i had to get up in 3 hours.

Something weird happened with the last one though, Shogun 2 was incredibly pretty and it had all the elements that made Total War games so much win, but for some reason i couldn't play it for extended periods of time - and when i finished it i was done and never started it up again. Never figured out why exactly, perhaps it focused on Japan too much. I want to invade barbarian nations and make them part of my empire, suck their lands dry of resources, conscript their men as fodder for my armies and sell their women as slaves. It seems you can do all that and more in the next one, so yay for that.

A must purchase for me looks like - though i won't be getting it at launch methinks.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 04-11-2013 07:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I'm waiting for Neverwinter so I can get my MMO fix. And Watch Dogs seems cool. That's about it.

I played a bit of this at PAX East, it was pretty cool. Apparently, they plan on the new content will eventually be driven by the community. Should be interesting to see where this one goes.

I'm pretty excited for these 2:

Star Citizen https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

http://vimeo.com/51135962

and

Torment: Tides of Numenera https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-11-2013 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

project eternity in 2D

skip to 1.45 if u don't want his blabber

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 04-11-2013 09:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

else { Heart.break() }

edit: linked to a page with a better explanation of the games concept

Last edited by Pext on 04-11-2013 09:18 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-11-2013 09:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
project eternity in 2D

skip to 1.45 if u don't want his blabber

Skip the entire video if u don't want to to be bored stupid...it took them a whole minute to have that one guy cross the fucking river.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-11-2013 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ya, that was fucked up, but looks nice

guru
guru
PostPosted: 04-14-2013 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Has anyone played Defiance yet? Not many reviews available for a game that has been out for over a week or two - and I'll have heard is that it ranges from buggy as shit to very generic and boring.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.