Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        scotch ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: scotch ?

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 07-26-2013 05:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Islay isn't a brand. Its one of the 4 Scotch regions.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 07-27-2013 05:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

idd.. I think there are quite a few Islay distilleries.

Off the top of my head, Laphroaig, Ardbeg and Bowmore are all Islay Whiskys, and they are all different :)

edit: just re-read the posts, to be fair he did say he would look out for Islay brands, not "the Islay brand".
Anyway, there are 5 Scotch Regions again since Campbeltown was given it's regional status back.
http://www.scotch-whisky.org.uk/

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 07-28-2013 08:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
A "Single Malt" is just the malt whisky product of a single distillery, using their particular whisky creation process.
A blend is just that -a blended bottle of "Single Malts" (and other additions to adjust flavour) from more than one distillery.

you'll see the same thing in wines - many are blends, but sometimes you'll see something labeled as "single vineyard." that doesn't mean it's better. some people may say it better highlights the individual character of the region... but you could also claim that it leads to "one-note" whiskey. if nothing else the single malts are trendy.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 04:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

from diff distilleries ey

I did not know that

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-05-2013 10:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey you guys!

are any of you in the know about the American whiskeys>

I am interested and i have not done any research at all again, just asking at the best place ey here!

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 08-05-2013 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what about them? just get a bottle of Bulleit (bourbon or rye, both are good) and you're pretty much set.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-07-2013 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ey menkent are those 2 meant to drink straight?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-07-2013 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got a bottle of grants ale cask scotch yesterday
havnt tried it yet.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 08-07-2013 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
ey menkent are those 2 meant to drink straight?

you could drink either straight, though i generally add a splash of sweet vermouth and a dash of bitters to make a manhattan.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-12-2013 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have thought about bourbon but I don't know what ones are good for straight sipping

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-12-2013 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elijah Craig

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-13-2013 06:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehe thank you for the suggestion Bri!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.