Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Metalocalypse orchestral special

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Metalocalypse orchestral special

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 11:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sunday, October 27 at Midnight (ET/PT) on Adult Swim

Quote:
In Metalocalypse: the Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera we pick up directly after the abduction of Dethklok guitarist Toki Wartooth in the season four finale. With his life in danger, his only salvation can come from the four most selfish human celebrities on Earth—his bandmates, extreme metal band Dethklok. Will they be able to get past their own egos to help someone besides themselves? Find out in this one-hour heavy metal rock opera special with a completely original score.

Created by Brendon Small, the animated one-hour special, Metalocalypse: the Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera, airs Sunday, October 27 at Midnight (ET/PT) on Adult Swim. This once-in-a-lifetime Dethklok experience includes special guests Jack Black, Mark Hamill, Malcolm McDowell, and Cannibal Corpse's George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher.

The original score from Metalocalypse: the Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera will be released as a full-length album on October 29, 2013. And this isn't just your average metal record— this is full blown musical featuring a fifty-piece orchestra. This full-length album features the bonus Dethklok single 'Blazing Star' and orchestral movements (produced by Brendon Small and Emmy winning composer Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica/Walking Dead). Also included with the album will be a bonus "making of" featurette with Executive Producer/creator/writer/musician Brendon Small and cast/musicians.

Legendary powerhouse metal drummer Gene Hoglan returns to join Brendon and Dethklok. Other musicians include bassist Bryan Beller (Dethklok, The Aristocrats, Joe Satriani), and Mike Keneally (Dethklok, Frank Zappa, Joe Satriani).

Creator Brendon Small states, "This is not like anything we've ever done. This is a full blown musical- metal combined with symphonic passages, classic musical theatre, high stakes drama, emotional moments, and yes totally ridiculous comedy. I drew from all of my influences to make this the most unique project I could dream of. This is easily the best thing we've ever done with the show and the music. I can't wait for you to hear it."

Composer Bear McCreary states, "I have been a fan of Metalocalypse for many years, and I am fortunate to call Brendon Small my friend. Metalocalypse: the Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera provided us the opportunity to collaborate that we'd always been looking for. I had a blast helping Brendon realize his vision for a fully-produced orchestral score to accompany his drop-tuned guitars and pounding double kicks. This opera takes his catchy songwriting to a whole new level, and I was thrilled to help out."

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool. I hope it's not Hamburger time for Toki

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-01-2013 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: indeed

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-02-2013 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sweet...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-02-2013 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh yeaaaa

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-02-2013 11:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, awesome :)

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-03-2013 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brendon Small helped co-create one of the greatest animated series ever (Home Movies). I had no idea he did this as well. Nice.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.