Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What would you give for this?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What would you give for this?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 11:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vile vile vile.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 11:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Uh yeah... don't get a nice bike like that for your first bike dude. Get an old beater that you won't cry over when you tip it. Cause you probably will.

got your family Golf GTI yet?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 11:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They aren't called golf's anymore in North America. it's either a GTI or a VW Rabbit and I think it's awesome.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 11:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So you have it now. Having had one i'm interested to to know what it's like getting two kids in it. Would also like to see a picture because I don't believe you can afford one.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:

Big V-twins aren't as hard to start off on as some other kinds of bikes, but I'd look to something else as a first bike as a general rule. It helps if you think of it as your 'learner' bike, it makes it easier to ride an ugly one :)

You'd do better to get something smaller and older like a shadow 750 or the like to start on. Smaller, lighter bikes are easier to learn on, plus they're easier to maneuver at slow speeds. Even if you don't have a slow speed crash early on, lots of people tip over their bikes in parking lots etc. just from being new to maneuvering a bike. You're more likely to tip something bigger, and if you get something like that Fury as your first bike, you've now scrapped up and tipped your nice new bike.

Take one of the MSF classes, get yourself some riding gear, and get a smaller bike to start (750-800 for a cruiser, ~500-700 for a standard, no I4s). The MSF and an older, cheaper bike will let you know if you're even into riding without too much cost. It'll also give you an idea of what you like to ride. You might spend 6 months or a year on a smaller cruiser and decide that a big cruiser isn't for you, you'd like a standard more...or something.

As far as how many miles are acceptable: for a prob 10-15 year old Japanese cruiser I'd worry less about miles and more about how it was ridden and maintained. Some guys will have bikes that old with 2 or 3 thousand miles, but all that really means is that it sat for a lot of years and likely had little maintenance done to it. Rubber bits will be dry and fluids will be old. I'd take a bike the same age with 10 or 15,000 miles over one with less, potentially, if you know it's been ridden, oil's been changed, work has been done on it, etc.

I tell people this stuff on reddit and forums everyday so ask if you have any other questions, but the main thing is: Sign up for a riding class, get gear, and buy used, older, and cheap for a first bike. It's your first, not your last, and it'll make getting that 'dream bike' that much better when you have confidence in your riding abilities.

well you make sense, thx but i really dont want to spend any actual money on a learner... I think I'm going to go for a junky of about 1000-2000$

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 04:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
You continue to make assumptions...

GKY didn't say this: "you should get a smaller bike due to your lack of experience they are referring to engine displacement." You assumed it.

You nor GKY know anything about my motorcycle experience. You assumed it.

I didn't think this: "you think they're referring to the physical size of the bike" You assumed it.

"which is why you started spitting out your physical stats as a response" I gave a specific motor size and my physical size to answer either of two questions I ASSUMED GKY was referencing. 1) I was comfortable with a 1130cc bike. and 2) I was physically capable of safely operating the bike.

"You're a fucking moron, like always."

More ignorance.

No, I don't continue to make assumptions.

When people talk of getting a smaller bike they are referring to the power output. The difference in seat height and overall weight of the bike is minimal between various classes of engine size. You're an obvious n00b and are too stupid to realise this. You quoted the size of your head as a response to this to solidify the fact that you were too dumb to comprehend the point being made to you.

No one but you is talking about the physical size required to operate a bike, as physical size has nothing to do with experience. Experience riding is what will determine how much you twist the throttle when coming out of a corner, how much brake and what distribution between front and back you choose to apply, how you operate the clutch etc etc. These are examples of the elements that are lessened in consequence when riding a bike with less of a power output. And your response to this is "I'm 6'2 190 lbs". lol, you're a class A fucking idiot.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 05:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey gramps you stupid redneck, I was basically saying,"Learn how to ride on a bike that won't kill you with its power/torque". You should have figured that out when my follow up was about your funeral....but you didn't.

Me being surprised :arrow:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 05:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
When people talk of getting a smaller bike they are referring to the power output.

Assumption.

LawL wrote:
The difference in seat height and overall weight of the bike is minimal between various classes of engine size.

And?

LawL wrote:
You're an obvious n00b and are too stupid to realise this.

Ignorance.

LawL wrote:
You quoted the size of your head as a response to this to solidify the fact that you were too dumb to comprehend the point being made to you.

More ignorance.

LawL wrote:
No one but you is talking about the physical size required to operate a bike, as physical size has nothing to do with experience.

When people speak generically I don't assume.

LawL wrote:
Experience riding is what will determine how much you twist the throttle when coming out of a corner, how much brake and what distribution between front and back you choose to apply, how you operate the clutch etc etc. These are examples of the elements that are lessened in consequence when riding a bike with less of a power output.

But a 5'4" midget like you would never own a full size bike. You couldn't touch the ground, never mind hold it up.

LawL wrote:
And your response to this is "I'm 6'2 190 lbs". lol, you're a class A fucking idiot.

That wasn't my response, Capt. Ignorance.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 05:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Hey gramps you stupid redneck, I was basically saying,"Learn how to ride on a bike that won't kill you with its power/torque". You should have figured that out when my follow up was about your funeral....but you didn't.

Me being surprised :arrow:

Hey Fatman, your list of assumptions has already been clearly identified. You don't know me or my experience. I immediately realized you were talking out of your ass the moment you posted. BLNT.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 05:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Assumption.

No it wasn’t to anyone with half a brain. Not to mention this post you dimwit:

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Hey gramps you stupid redneck, I was basically saying,"Learn how to ride on a bike that won't kill you with its power/torque".

YourGrandpa wrote:
And?

And that means the only relevent way to benefit safety wise with a smaller bike is by way of lesser power output.

YourGrandpa wrote:
Ignorance.

Far from it, as you’re only too happy to continue to prove you haven’t got a clue about riding.

YourGrandpa wrote:
More ignorance.

You were the one who posted that response in this very thread dumbo.

YourGrandpa wrote:
When people speak generically I don't assume.

No one spoke generically. If you had a clue about riding you’d realise there was no assumption to be made.

YourGrandpa wrote:
But a 5'4" midget like you would never own a full size bike. You couldn't touch the ground, never mind hold it up.

Crushed into fantasy flames.

YourGrandpa wrote:
That wasn't my response, Capt. Ignorance.

Yes it was, Captain Denial:

YourGrandpa wrote:
I've ridden before. Though it has been several years. However, an 1130cc bike for someone who's 6'2" 190+lbs isn't "big". But I appreciate your concerns.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 05:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 06:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
No it wasn’t to anyone with half a brain. Not to mention this post you dimwit:

If it wasn't said it was assumed. And you both keep conveniently overlooking the fact I addressed engine size and bike size.

LawL wrote:
And that means the only relevent way to benefit safety wise with a smaller bike is by way of lesser power output.

No possible way someone too physically small would have problems operating a bike too physically big. Nope, no way.

LawL wrote:
No one spoke generically. If you had a clue about riding you’d realise there was no assumption to be made.

Too Big too Small doesn't reference anything specific. Mr. Assumption.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 07:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
If it wasn't said it was assumed. And you both keep conveniently overlooking the fact I addressed engine size and bike size.

It wasn't assumed by anyone who wasn't a complete moron, that's why you consider it assumed.

YourGrandpa wrote:
No possible way someone too physically small would have problems operating a bike too physically big. Nope, no way.

Maybe if they were a 12 year old child. Unfortunately for your stupid argument we're referring to adults and their ability to handle power in relation to their experience.

YourGrandpa wrote:
Too Big too Small doesn't reference anything specific. Mr. Assumption.

Yes it does dipshit, it references the size of the engine.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 08:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
lol

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-23-2013 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
well you make sense, thx but i really dont want to spend any actual money on a learner... I think I'm going to go for a junky of about 1000-2000$

2k-2500 can usually buy you a good running older bike with minor problems, needs a new battery or tires or something. Perfect for learning on.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH more ignorance BLAH BLAH BLAH

Dear Upset internet user,

I realize that you must have the last word on everything, could never admit you were wrong and would defend the most retarded of positions until the end of time. However, if you are still missing the point or unclear on the actual definition of the word assume (not the made up definition you've manufactured to support your obsessive argument) I'm going paint you a picture so clear, even someone with your unwillingness to accept ideas other than your own can understand.

This is GKY's original statement:

DumbFatGuy wrote:
you'd be crazy starting off with a big Harley (lol redneck bike, etc) and should get a smaller bike instead.

At no point in this statement does GKY reference the specific size of anything. He in fact says "big Harley" as opposed to "smaller bike". Harleys aren't known for being fast and powerful race bikes. They're known for being loud an colossal cruisers. But that's neither here nor there. The FACT is, GKY doesn't specify the "big" or the "small". One would have to assume it was the physical size or the size of the engine or possibly some other inane observation rattling around inside the head of an angry computer nerd. So the only way for YOU to decide that GKY was referring to the engine size was to apply the definition of the word Assume ("suppose to be the case, without proof").

This is my original response:

YourGrandpa wrote:
I've ridden before. Though it has been several years. However, an 1130cc bike for someone who's 6'2" 190+lbs isn't "big". But I appreciate your concerns.

You'll notice I ASSUMED GKY was either referencing the size of the engine or the physical size of the bike. Because I addressed them both in my response. Could I have worded it better? Sure. But that doesn't negate the content. I was stating that I didn't think an 1130 cc engine or the physical size the bike would be too big for ME. Even a "12 year old" could figure that out.

Now I know you're going to have to say something. Most likely continuing to ignore the actual definition of the word assume or continued criticism of me somehow not knowing there's a difference between motor and bike size. But before your incredibly unoriginal OCD kicks in and causes you to draft another ridiculous response (similar in context and structure to the one I've provided above), think. You can't change GKY's original statement and you can clearly see I understood the gist of what GKY was trying to say. So unless you can change the definition of the word assume, you're going to have to come to grips with the fact you're wrong.

BTW, further discussion of this pointless anyway. I'm not even buying the bike.

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 10-24-2013 07:35 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're a moron for thinking GKY was referring to physical sizes of you or your potential bike in any scenario

When you addressed it in your post you clearly link the engine size to your physical size n all without mention of capability, re inforcing your notion that physical size is important

You should get it tho, big guy like you will have no issue

You can also tell your mates its over 4 foot when they ask how big it is :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps makes lawl look like a trivial little bitch every time... :olo: ...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 08:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff again fails to comprehend anything longer than a line

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread needs less dummies, more motorcycles

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Your hideous beast of a wife doesn't count as riding experience, fatty.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 11:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
They aren't called golf's anymore in North America. it's either a GTI or a VW Rabbit and I think it's awesome.

You don't own one.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:

Yes i would also gladly go with something like this... as i am searching for used bikes, im starting to appreciate the rawness of that style.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Naked standards are the best.

my cheap japenese one

or more classic style

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

man, that black...dukati makes the naked style look easy to look good :) I prefer it over all the other options you posted... but of course, it's a fucking dukati.

however that old school white honda is pretty magnificent looking too.

can I get that naked look with pretty much any stripped down streetbike, or do some look better than others?

But I guess not, the one you own unfortunately has that futuristic shape build into the lights, hud,and frame ...that kinda takes away from the look

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 04:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
LawL wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH more ignorance BLAH BLAH BLAH

Dear Upset internet user,

I realize that you must have the last word on everything, could never admit you were wrong and would defend the most retarded of positions until the end of time. However, if you are still missing the point or unclear on the actual definition of the word assume (not the made up definition you've manufactured to support your obsessive argument) I'm going paint you a picture so clear, even someone with your unwillingness to accept ideas other than your own can understand.

This is GKY's original statement:

DumbFatGuy wrote:
you'd be crazy starting off with a big Harley (lol redneck bike, etc) and should get a smaller bike instead.

At no point in this statement does GKY reference the specific size of anything. He in fact says "big Harley" as opposed to "smaller bike". Harleys aren't known for being fast and powerful race bikes. They're known for being loud an colossal cruisers. But that's neither here nor there. The FACT is, GKY doesn't specify the "big" or the "small". One would have to assume it was the physical size or the size of the engine or possibly some other inane observation rattling around inside the head of an angry computer nerd. So the only way for YOU to decide that GKY was referring to the engine size was to apply the definition of the word Assume ("suppose to be the case, without proof").

This is my original response:

YourGrandpa wrote:

You'll notice I ASSUMED GKY was either referencing the size of the engine or the physical size of the bike. Because I addressed them both in my response. Could I have worded it better? Sure. But that doesn't negate the content. I was stating that I didn't think an 1130 cc engine or the physical size the bike would be too big for ME. Even a "12 year old" could figure that out.

Now I know you're going to have to say something. Most likely continuing to ignore the actual definition of the word assume or continued criticism of me somehow not knowing there's a difference between motor and bike size. But before your incredibly unoriginal OCD kicks in and causes you to draft another ridiculous response (similar in context and structure to the one I've provided above), think. You can't change GKY's original statement and you can clearly see I understood the gist of what GKY was trying to say. So unless you can change the definition of the word assume, you're going to have to come to grips with the fact you're wrong.

BTW, further discussion of this pointless anyway. I'm not even buying the bike.

Unfortunately your wall of upset text doesn't change the fact that anyone who isn't a moron and has more than 5 minutes riding experience knows that when someone recommends starting out on a smaller bike they are referring to the power output, not the physical size of the bike. GFY even went on to blatantly point this out to you because you're so retarded. Yet here you are still crying about assumptions. lol you're one fat, bald, moronic, redneck cunt. :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just as I predicted. Continuing to ignore the actual definition of the word assume and criticizing me of somehow not understanding the difference between motor size and bike size.

I win TWICE!

GG

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 04:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just as I expected, too stupid to understand that you're the only moron desperately clinging to the idea that anything was assumed.

You lose, as always.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 04:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Time for Gwamps to disappear until the next time something marginally interesting (extremely dull to normal people) happens in his life again :olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
man, that black...dukati makes the naked style look easy to look good :) I prefer it over all the other options you posted... but of course, it's a fucking dukati.

however that old school white honda is pretty magnificent looking too.

can I get that naked look with pretty much any stripped down streetbike, or do some look better than others?

But I guess not, the one you own unfortunately has that futuristic shape build into the lights, hud,and frame ...that kinda takes away from the look

Honda just released a new CB that looks like the old ones

You get the naked look best with bikes that are meant to be naked. You can see that a lot of things on them like wires, overflow tanks, etc are hidden and overall they have a pretty clean look. Bikes with fairings usually aren't as pretty underneath the plastic.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Just as I expected, too stupid to understand that you're the only moron desperately clinging to the idea that anything was assumed.

You lose, as always.

I crushed the parrot into fantasy land.

LawLy want a cracker?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
You get the naked look best with bikes that are meant to be naked. You can see that a lot of things on them like wires, overflow tanks, etc are hidden and overall they have a pretty clean look. Bikes with fairings usually aren't as pretty underneath the plastic.

I never cared much for the fairing look either. I like the stripped down utilitarian look. Black and aluminum, with mag wheels.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-24-2013 06:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I crushed the parrot into fantasy land.

LawLy want a cracker?

You got crushed due to your never ending stupidity and ignorance. But then again what else is new. :olo:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 10-26-2013 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:

Ok.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-26-2013 01:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
Honda just released a new CB that looks like the old ones ...

that's a very nice option, will keep that in mind. :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.